EIGHTEEN

You and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She thought her life will be better when she opened her eyes to start the day with a positive spirit. But, the notification on her phone from her sister, Michelle made her inner self became crumbled. With shaky hands, she opened the website and read the article about her past that she wanted to forget.

Tears started to spill like a river flowing the water in there, and all of the memories that she tried really hard to bury it, resurfaced just like that along with her scandal that seemed not dissipate yet.

She folded her knees and brought them to her body, hugging them while putting her chin on top of the kneecaps. Her phone was long forgotten on the bedside table, lying there restless like its owner.

Sobs can be heard in the room even though, Tiffany made an effort to not sob too hard. She did not want anyone to hear her or saw her like this. Her fists clenched and her nails were piercing into her skin, making it red.

‘The real story about Tiffany Young’s disgusting family’

That was the title for that article, and she did not need to read further to know the contents. She knew it will be a disaster situation once the world knew about her family. Her family’s history that she had ascertained that no one will know except for those who living at that time.

Between her sobbing, she chuckled a little bit, because to those who always asked her, what was her real family name that she always fend it off, they finally got the answer.

The reason why she used Young instead of her father’s surname, Hwang. Her pathetic childhood stories and her broken family. Those were the things she wanted to hide from the world scrutiny.

Slow knocks on her bedroom door made her shot her head at the door. She can hear the soft voice of Aunty Kim asking if she can enter the room. Tiffany wanted to say no because she wanted to be alone, but she also wanted some company. She knew herself very well, she was not that always strong woman which people saw everyday. She also fragile like others.

Tiffany opened the door after few minutes contemplated, but she was happy that she let the older woman entered the room because not even a second waste, Aunty Kim immediately hugged her, engulfing her in the warmth that she did not feel for so long. The warmth of a mother figure.

Aunty Kim did not say anything to her but kept her back and let her cry her heart out in her embraced. She was like a little girl who cried at her mother because someone stole her favourite doll.

She lifted her face when Aunty Kim asked her if she wanted to eat breakfast right now instead of asking her about the truth of the articles. She was not that dumb, for sure Aunty Kim came to her room after she had knowledge about the news.

“D-don’t you want to a..sk me about my mother?”

“Ani..” Aunty Kim smiles and tucked her hair behind her ears, “…I just want to call you for breakfast because you’re not downstairs yet”

“Aunty..”

“Yes Miyoung-ah”

“Did you…did you know about it?”, her eyes were on Aunty Kim’s eyes and from there she can see the slight hesitation in her eyes. Her heart droop because she did not know what to feel right now.

“Miyoung-ah….everything that happened in the past bound to happen. We can’t fix it and that’s mean you also cannot change it. Don’t let those memories and these articles drag you down. You have me, your siblings, Taeyeon, grandpa and your friends with you. You’ll not be alone. You have us here. Don’t be sad my Miyoungie. We’ll face this together kay?”

For the umpteenth time, she burst into tears when she heard what Aunty Kim had told her. Her gripped on her hands got tighter as her life was depending on Taeyeon’s mother.

Realization hit her that she was not alone in this world. She had them, she had her siblings who experienced those bitter memories with her when they were younger. Her brother and sister needed to sacrifice their childhood and life for her, so she could not act like this. She needed to be strong.

God knows how long she had tried to become stronger days by days and she intended to become more stronger after this. Like what Aunty Kim had said, she cannot change the past. The past also played an important role in her life.

 

 

Taeyeon slammed her phone at the wall beside her. She was really angry and felt like wanted to punch someone or to be exact the reporter who published the article about Tiffany’s family. For past ten minutes, she was calling her trusted man to hunt down the reporter and asked them to delete all of the articles spread in the internet like fire.

She did not sleep for a second since last night, and this morning news broke her heart because she did not know how Tiffany will handle it. She did not want to see that girl’s sad eyes anymore. She knew she was a little bit heartless if she said she only wanted to see that radiant smiles from the red hair girl and not the sorrowful one.

Taeyeon sighed heavily and pinched her head that kept throbbing like crazy. A message from Kangin, one of the SUJU’s brothers made her calm a little bit. They had successfully deleted most of the articles regarding Tiffany’s that had being published this morning and had created virus to destroy all of the articles that had being screen shot by the readers.

She thanked the brothers and asked them to quickly search for that bastard and update her asap. She was grateful to have SUJU’s brothers because their specialties in different areas plus their understanding works made her life became easier sometimes.

Upon, hearing her mother’s voice, she walked towards the dining room and her lips curved when she saw Tiffany was also there. She greeted her grandpa and mother with kisses on their cheeks and when she stood near Tiffany, she kissed her forehead.

Her action surely stunned everyone in the dining room, including the girl of the forehead she kissed but she just ignored their stares and ate her breakfast. Once a while, she peeked at Tiffany and saw the girl was playing with her food, not eating it like the usual ‘pig fany’ will do. Her eyes also still glistened with tears and the only thing Taeyeon wished right now was to be able to cure any pain Tiffany felt right now.

“Aaaa..”, she cooed and gestured for Tiffany to open so she can feed her with the sausage she had speared using her fork. She can see Tiffany’s eyes turned into a wide one and slightly opened to reject her advance, but Taeyeon took that as her opportunity. She quickly put the sausage in Tiffany’s mouth and patted her head lovingly.

“I can eat by myself, Taeyeon”

“I know”, she replied while her hand kept putting her fork in front of the girl’s mouth, totally ignored Tiffany’s words and kept searching for opportunities to put the food in .

With her persistent and annoying tactics, she had loaded Tiffany’s stomach with two sausages and a piece of toast before the girl declined another piece of toast, saying she was full. Taeyeon did not want to believe it and wanted to feed her some more, but her mother shook her head, gesturing to stop.

Taeyeon nodded her head, patting Tiffany’s cheek and praised her for being a good girl for eating all of her breakfast before continued to feed her own stomach.

Her action stunned Tiffany for the second times since they were in the dining room, but she did not say anything due to the elders’ presence. To be honest, she wanted to scold Taeyeon for kissing her forehead and forcing her to eat, but she kept it first.

She did not want to be rude in the dining table and the Kim Family had helped her, so she cannot be a to their only heiress. She cannot deny that her heart fluttered with the older girl’s action, but her mind kept putting guards and walls on her heart.

She must remember that Taeyeon had a fiancée, and she did not want Taeyeon’s relationship with Sunny broke because of her. She’s not that type of person.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter