ONE

You and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A woman in her mid-20 was walking towards the lobby of the tall building. She was clad in her fashion designer blazer and smiles did not fade away from her gorgeous face. Everyone was astonished by the eye smiles and cannot help to grin stupidly or looked at the pretty lady for a while. Murmurs can be heard when the employee in the tall building finally realized that the gorgeous lady was Tiffany Young. A famous and A-List actress, singer and model. They had heard people talked about this person beauty but they never believed it as they thought people just exaggerated but now they understood why people lik- nope love Tiffany Young.

The famous singer was standing beside her manager unnie, in the lift after getting their pass from the receptionist. She looked at her reflection, checking herself to make sure she looked presentable enough for the meeting with the President of this company. Kim Corp. A multibillion company that had many branches across the globe, specialized in things related to building like houses, hotels and shopping mall. Their company had become the most successful company in the world and had made South Korea citizens proud to have this type of company to represent this country to the eyes of the world.

When the digit on the screen turned to 30, Tiffany knew they will get off from the lift. It was the highest level and there were situated President and CEO offices. Thanks to the kind receptionist that had escorted them until level 30. Tiffany bowed at a man dressed in a black suit after she did the same to the receptionist.

“Ms Young and Ms Park”, the man looked at both of them and Tiffany was amazed how the man also acknowledged her manager because some of pain in the people in big company always looked down at the managers and she really hated it but she like this man “nice to meet both of you. I’m Lee Hye Yeong, Mr Kim’s PA”. The three of them shook hand before Mr Lee showed them the way to Mr Kim’s office. Mr Lee knocked a few times before he opened the door and invited both of them to enter.

Tiffany can see an old man was sitting on the sofa near the door. Her eyes were looking at the interior design of the office. It was something simple with lots of wood’s colour and a lot of books and files. She greeted the old man and they hugged for a while.

“Grandpa Kim, how are you?” Tiffany asked after the hug. Mr Kim had asked them to sit comfortably on the sofa while Mr Lee had excused himself to get some drinks for them.

“I’m fine and never better cause now I meet my Miyoungie”. Tiffany whined while the other two chuckled because of her action. Tiffany glared at her manager unnie who had a hard time to stifle her laughter and then side glared the old man sitting beside her. She huffed and pouted because she really hates it when people mentioned her Korean name ‘Miyoung”. It’s not like she hates it but the name was too old fashion for someone like her but still she was grateful for the name her family had gave to her.

“Stop pouting Miyoung-ah. You’re too old for that”

“Grandpaaaaaa” and a longer whined can be heard again from the same person.

Mr Kim shook his head and laughed for some more before asking politely to Tiffany’s manager to let them alone. One of the thing Tiffany’s like about her grandpa’s friend was because his politeness, humble and kind person. That was why her Grandpa always talked about this friend of him to Tiffany and her siblings. Her Grandpa always said that they should follow Mr Kim’s attitude because it was one of the most important things in the world.

“Miyoung-ah, I will open up a foundation to help people in need so I want you to become the spokeperson”, Mr Kim looked at Tiffany’s surprise eyes “of course if you willingly accept it. I know you are busy with shooting and recording but I hope you can accept it”.

“G-grandpa…it is something big you know. And I’m not that experience in this. I’m afraid I will let you down”.

“You can learn this Miyoung-ah and you won’t let me down. I trust you with this position and you are worthy enough to this kind job. I know you love to help the orphanage, right?”, Mr Kim saw Tiffany nodded her head “just think this as something you like to do in the free time. It is not like this spokesperson thingy make you need to make a talk with some politicians or lead protests. It’s only you become the face of our foundation”

Tiffany were playing with her fingers, trying to think a little bit. Helping people in needs especially the orphan and elders will always become something she will always want to do. Even though for these past few years she had been secretly fund some orphanage and folks’ home, she still had searched some times to directly help them like playing with the kids, cooking with the elders or even singing lullaby to the kids. But her packed schedules prohibited her from doing that often. She let out a deep sighed.

“Alright. I will do it”

“Really?” the old man face was lighted up and he cannot stop from smiling widely. He grabbed the young woman hands and muttered a thank you. He was relieved because his plan was succeeded and he can proceed to his plan. Some part inside him was feeling guilty while some part felt relieved plus happy. Why guilty? Well, let’s say he had something under his sleeve. Relieved and happy because the path towards his misery had been opened up.

When Tiffany walked out of the office a single sighed can be heard with a-

 

 

“I’m sorry Miyoung-ah”

 

 

 

*5 days before*

 

A group of reporters plus cameramen with their big and long cameras were gathered in front of Kim Corp. They were trying to get into the lobby and fight their ways to find one person. That person who can make them receive bonus from the broadcasting company and got the fame from this juicy news from that one person.

But unlucky to them, the guards were thinking faster than the reporters. They might have loss the opportunity to guard the main door but they quickly line up in front of the receptionist. Making a long straight line, preven

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter