Chapter 10

Baby Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Irene has been sitting in her swivel while massaging her forehead, sighing every now and then. The two people standing in front of her are now sweating bullets and are looking more constipated than a person who hasn’t visited the bathroom in a week. The lone woman breathes a deep breath once again before clearing and speaking.

 

“Now can you explain to me what you just blurted out because I swear to God, I was so lost and shocked. For the last years, I never knew that you two have something going on. And then I would catch you, doing something sinful on my couch in my very own office without my knowledge. Then you would tell me that the two of you are married for years now? Tell me the reasons why I should not fire both of you for what you just did.” Irene said calmly.

 

Wendy swallowed the imaginary lump on . She gives Joy one last glance before opening to speak.

 

“We did not plan to do such things, Miss. It’s just that we got lost in the moment so one kiss led to another and before both of us knew we kinda got carried away.” Joy just nods her head a few times as a sign of agreement to the other’s statement.

 

“But how come you two are married? Joy has been my assistant for years now and she did not even mention this to me.” Irene asked once again and this time Joy is the one who answered.

 

“Let me just tell it from the beginning, Ms. Irene.”

 

Five years ago in a high- end bar in Los Angeles.

 

A girl has been sitting in a bar stool drinking like there is no tomorrow. Well, who wouldn’t be when your girlfriend of two years rejected your wedding proposal?

 

“ it. What have I done wrong? I loved you. I’II have a stable job soon. In fact, I already have a job offer once I finish my Masters. I even bought first-class tickets from Canada to here just to propose and all she could say to me was that she doesn’t know if she loves me enough to settle with me. Then is our two-year relationship a joke to her.” She gulped her drink and asked the waiter for another one but before she can open for another series of rants the girl beside her beats her into it.

 

“ you Seungjae. Three years. I wasted three years of my life for you yet you have the decency to cheat on me with a girl who is not even close to my beauty. she is not even close to my foot. I was even thinking about our future together. I have already decided where we would live or how many kids we would have. If you proposed to me, I would’ve said yes but you and your . Jerk, , one-inch d*ck.” The girl said before emptying the beer in her hand in one gulp.

 

At first, the first girl decided to just ignore the latter but once she heard what the girl said, an idea started filling in her head. A very impulsive idea.

 

“I’ll show you how much you lost when you rejected me.” She said to herself and take another shot before hopping down the stool and facing the girl beside her.

 

“You know what Miss. I got rejected by my girlfriend today. I have this beautiful ring and a romantic penthouse suite reserved in one of the hotels here to celebrate my supposed engagement. It would be such a waste if I would just throw it all away or cancel it.” She then takes the ring from her pants and gets down on her knee.

 

“Miss who has a jerk boyfriend who cheated on her, Will you marry me?” 

 

***

 

Wendy woke up the next morning with a massive headache and a body as heavy as a boulder. She opened her left eye but immediately closed it once the rays of the sun from the window blinded her. She cursed so hard once she realized that the blinds have been shoved to the side hence the reason why it is so bright in her room. She groans a few more times before she finally opened her eyes. She stared at the ceiling for a good five minutes before she stretches her limbs and decided to freshen up in the bathroom. She gets up from her bed despite being a little unstable and wobbly. She went inside the bathroom and her sight shifted into the huge half-body mirror situated near the sink but as soon as she did, her eyes widen like saucers as she realized something.

 

“ what the heck happened to me?” She shouted as soon as she noticed that she is stark but the worst part is that her body is covered by small red bruises which she later realized as hickeys. She tried so hard to remember what happened but all she can recall is drinking her out in a bar and what happened next is a total blank in her memories. She hurriedly went out of the bathroom and now that she is not that disoriented anymore, she saw how the room is in complete disarray with the clothes, she is wearing the night, thrown carelessly against the floor. Her legs their strength as she slumps to the floor, muttering every curse in every language that she knows. It took her about half an hour before she decided to stop being pitiful so she picks up her discarded clothes. As soon as she steps out of the bathroom, she heard her cellphone ringing on the bedside table. She then picks it up and puts it against her ear once she realized who is calling her.

 

“Hi, Wan. How was the surprise??? Did she accept the proposal? When is the wedding??” Seulgi’s enthusiastic voice echoed against the speaker. But instead of feeling happy, Wendy found herself tearing up.

 

“Seul, I think I just made the biggest mistake of my life.” She managed to whisper before bursting into tears. Seulgi heard the sniffs on the other line so she immediately felt panic rising to her system.

 

 

 

“Wan did something happened? Are you okay? You know what just calm yourself down first. I’m here. Take a deep breath and once you are okay, I’ll be here to listen.” Wendy felt grateful once she heard Seulgi’s voice filled with concern and worry. She is indeed a very good friend and Wendy is very lucky to have her. She obeyed what her friend told her and took a deep breath. Once she is sure that she is calm enough, she cleared before speaking.

 

“She rejected my proposal. I was heartbroken and I decided to drink. I was talking with a woman and just enjoying the moment.  I got so drunk that I don’t remember what happened next aside from I woke up in the hotel I reserved for me and my girlfriend, for our engagement celebration, and covered in hickies.” And she found herself crying her heart out at her last statement. Seulgi immediately consoled her friend.

 

“I don’t even remember her face Seulgi. I am saving my innocence for someone I love but I lost it in a freaking one-night stand. I am such a Seul” She sobs even more as those realizations hit her.

 

“Son Seungwan. Stop saying those things. It’s a mistake you hear me. You drank because you are heartbroken. You had a one night stand without your knowledge. And it will never make you a . You are such an amazing, loving woman and that one mistake can never make you any less than what you are you hear me?” Wendy nods against the phone and felt her heart became lighter.

“Now. That is a five-star hotel that I reserved for you. So why don’t you fix yourself since I’m sure you haven’t thought of yet. “She inwardly chuckled realizing how Seul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter