017

boyfriend

 

Sejin leaned against the counter as she waited for the popcorn, she heard her phone ring, she jogged to the living room and got it from her purse.

“Kai, hi~”

“Open the door.” His voice came out sharp, Sejin’s brows went up.

“What are~”

“I’m right outside, open the door.” He demanded, Sejin’s lips pursed and she walked towards the front door. She yanked it open and Kai walked in so fast that he almost hit her.

“I didn’t know you were coming.” Sejin murmured, she watched as Kai went up the stairs.

“Jongin~”

Kai paused and he looked at her, Sejin was blinking at him.

“Do me a favor, can you take out hyung’s car for me?”

“The G-Class?” Sejin asked, Kai nodded back.

“Yes, it’s in the basement. I think I’m going to get myself one, but I wanna see it in action first.” Kai flashed her a smile, Sejin sighed.

“Fine. Check on the popcorn, please.”

Kai gave her a thumbs up, he waited until the girl was out of the unit and he made his way towards the second floor.

Kai could hear voices, his eyes focused on the door to the study. He let out a shaky breath as he neared the door.

“What do you need? You guys know that you will not be able to take Seoul.” Chanyeol’s voice could be heard, Kai leaned forward, his eyes focused in the darkness. There were two males along with his friend in the room, one had Chanyeol at gunpoint. While the other was looking through his laptop, Kai pursed his lips, he had left his gun in the car.

“ it.” Kai muttered under his breath, and then he kicked the door open, taking the advantage of the element of surprise, he grabbed Chanyeol’s assailant by the arm and yanked the gun from his grip.

Chanyeol was free from his hold and he immediately aimed for the other male before could move, a soft thud was heard.

Chanyeol smirked as the male dropped on the floor.

Kai tilted his head, he cocked the gun while pinning the man on the floor, and then he pointed it at the stranger’s groin.

“This is getting annoying.” Kai spoke to him as he yanked the mask off his face.

“Jongin,” Chanyeol hollered as he walked over to the male who was touching his laptop, he was now laying on the carpeted floor, he had both of his palms pressed against his stomach while blood spilled from his wound.

“I already got him, hyung.” Chanyeol heard Kai speak.

Chanyeol leaned over and pressed the tip of his gun against the male’s forehead, he smirked as he cocked the gun.

“So, who gets to finish who?”

 

 

Jena yawned and she set her laptop away from her, she checked the time and realized it was almost three in afternoon.

She glanced at her phone again, by this time Daniel would have been done with practice, and he usually called her around this time.

“Excuse me, Jena,”

She sat up and turned her chair, one of the interns were looking at her.

“Hey, what’s up?” She asked, the intern glanced behind him.

“A delivery came for you, and it’s quite..confusing us.”

Jena blinked, she stood up and made her way towards the front desk. She paused when she noticed a male in a dark suit, he was holding onto a shopping bag.

“Hong Jena-ssi,” He spoke, Jena nodded back, confused.

“Yes, what~”

“The vice president sends for this,” He said politely as he offered the bag to her, up close, Jena noticed the Mondo Group logo on it.

“Then, I’ll get going.” The male bowed before stepping out of the doors, Jena felt her co-workers staring at her, she made her way back to her desk.

She set the bag down and slowly emptied it of its contents.

“Kai, really.” Jena blurted out, inside the bag were a variety of chips and snacks, but what stood out the most was the forty-eight pack box of Choco-pie.

A note was stuck on the box and she plucked it out.

This hopefully makes our friendship official.

You should eat while slaving away in the corporate world.

Enjoy.

-Kai, a kid with way too much time in his hands

Jena broke into a smile before chucking the note into her desk, she opened the box and took out one Choco pie.

“Wow, did your boyfriend drop by?”

She looked up, her friend at work, Mijin was standing by her cubicle.

“No, just a friend.” Jena replied, the other girl tilted her head and smiled.

“Most friends don’t have the time to shop you of your favorite snacks. You only eat that brand of peanuts.” She jutted her lips towards her desk, Jena glanced back and her brows rose.

“Right, that.” Jena shrugged, Mijin’s brows rose at her reaction.

“Actually, being sent snacks is better than flowers, huh?”

“Uhm, probably, yes.”

“Your boyfriend always sends flowers, those really pricey ones. I’ve seen them.” Mijin hummed.

“Well, he’s not really my~”

“Fine, no one is your boyfriend. But this one seems to be doing it right.” Mijin said teasingly before leaving, Jena rolled her eyes and faced her desk again.

“This is really nice of him, weird.” She murmured to herself as she ate.

 

 

Sejin let out a yawn as she reached the unit again, she typed in the code and the door opened.

“Chan~”

“Hey,” Chanyeol welcomed her in, he had changed into a pair light denim jeans and a black sweatshirt.

“Kai~”

She saw Kai lounging by the living room, he had a grin on his face as he put the bowl of popcorn on his lap.

“He asked me to bring your car around.” Sejin spoke, Chanyeol nodded back and then he leaned over to kiss her forehead.

The girl blinked at his actions but let him be.

“Don’t mind me, you two can go. I just wanted to drop by and check if I left my sunglasses here the other weekend.” Kai said from the couch, Sejin slowly nodded back.

“I’ll just change into something comfortable.” She told him, Chanyeol and Kai both froze on their spots.

“Is…Is that okay?” Sejin asked, noticing the tension.

“Of course, let me come with you.” Chanyeol said, the girl paused.

“What?” Sejin asked, the male smiled and pulled her towards the stairs. Chanyeol walked her to the guest room.

“Are you really..going to stay here as I change?” Now, Sejin was amused, he turned to her and let out a small chuckle.

“Well,” Chanyeol said as he opened the cabinets and took out one of her jeans.

“Only if you let me.” He hummed, Sejin shook her head.

“Get out, owner of the house.” She said to him, Chanyeol laughed before walking towards her and then he wrapped his arms around her waist. Sejin paused again, he was acting strange.

“Hey,”

Chanyeol met her gaze evenly, he let out a breath before leaning down to press his lips against hers. Sejin sighed before kissing him back, she smiled as she felt his palm on the bare skin of her waist.

“You’re not going to distract me with this one, tall guy.” She whispered as she pulled back, and then her brows rose.

What was that?

There was something in his eyes, and she couldn’t understand it. For a moment back there, Chanyeol looked worried and at the same time, angry.

“I tried.” He whispered back before kissing her again, and then he slowly let go of her.

“I’ll wait outside.” Chanyeol murmured, he cupped her cheeks briefly before stepping out of the room. Sejin wrapped her arms around her self as she walked towards her clothes, she paused when she noticed how a part of her arm was in a shade of a very subtle red. It was where Chanyeol held when they went up, she didn’t realize that he was holding onto her so tightly.

The girl sighed and began changing.

 

 

“Don’t worry, they’ll clean that up.” Kai said, Chanyeol exhaled and leaned back on the couch.

“That was too close.”

“You almost died, hyung. This is no longer funny.” Kai reasoned, Chanyeol looked away.

“Sejin was just steps away, what if she was the one who went up~”

“That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you. It’s time she knows, if she’s aware of what’s really going on then you wouldn’t~”

They heard the door open, Kai straightened up and shut his mouth.

“I’m good to go.” Sejin said as she went down the steps, she had changed into a pair of skinny denim jeans, a black oversized shirt and a pair of sneakers.

“Sejin cosplaying as Chanyeol.” Kai said jokingly, the girl rolled her eyes at him. Chanyeol chuckled and stretched his arms to her.

“Are you guys heading out?” He asked as Chanyeol pulled the girl to his lap, he buried his nose on the crook of her neck.

“Yes, we~” Sejin paused when Kai’s phone buzzed on the seat. Her eyes went to the screen and she recognized the number.

“Oh, you’re in contact with Jena. Wait, did I ever introduce you two?”

Chanyeol’s eyes went to the other male, his forehead creased.

“No, but, hyung did. A few..weeks back.”

“Are you two still not talking?” Chanyeol asked, diverting her attention. Sejin shook her head and sighed.

“No, she wont return any of my calls, but lucky you, Jongin. You get a text.”

Kai’s brows rose, but Chanyeol sent him a look.

“Of course, it’s me, the charming one.” Kai said, Sejin shuddered and stood up.

“But I think it’s better that she wont talk to me, because, god knows what~”

“Okay, we’ll get going.” Chanyeol chuckled as he grabbed her bag, Kai glanced at him again.

“See you two lovebirds later, or next time.” Kai spoke as he blew Sejin a kiss, which Chanyeol flicked away.

Sejin walked towards the front door, Chanyeol picked up his coat and looked at his friend.

“They wanted my files on our operations, Kai.” He said quietly, Kai’s jaw tightened.

“That means they’re trying to stir trouble; our contacts might have been compromised.” Chanyeol added as he put coat on.

“We have the weekend to take care of it, we already have an address, hyung.”

“We still don’t know if Scorpion really is here.” Chanyeol stated before following Sejin out of the unit, Kai sighed and closed his eyes briefly.

His phone buzzed again, he opened the screen.

Got your bag of snacks. Thank you, Mondo.

The Choco pies were a bit much, but they were appreciated, kinda. –Jena

Kai stood up from his seat and went up to the study, he smiled to himself before putting his phone back in his pocket.

He pushed the door open and eyed the two men in disdain, he exhaled before speaking.

“You two were stupid enough to carry phones that would ping locations, now we know we’re your real safe house is.”

“You will never get~”

“Enough with that bull,” Kai snapped, he heard his men join him in the room.

“I’m getting impatient with you guys, it’s time we start the real game.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++