Only Then..

Fateful Encounter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--Your POV--

The doctor came in and checked up on me after the nurse went to talk to him. "I heard you wanted to be discharged early." He said looking at my chart. "Yes, I just want to go home. I think I'll recover better when I'm home with family." I insisted hoping he'd agree.

"I personally want to monitor you longer, but like you said the surrounding environment around you is important when recovering." He agreed and he signed off the chart.  "I will let you but you still have to stay the night here to make sure." He said handing the chart back to the nurse.

"Anything else?" He asked putting his hands in his gown pockets. I shook my head but then remembered. "Will I be able to go out today? I have something I really important I need to settle. I will be right back to the hosptial." I pleaded. He tilted his head, "You really don't like to rest do you?" He said smiling. He nodded, but this nurse will go with you. "Also, can I change rooms tonight? I was planning to leave today but I guess I will have to tomorrow, I just don't want to bother other people." I added. He also agreed to help me. "Thank you." 

The doctor left with the nurse while I took out my phone and did some work. I asked a staff to transfer the list of fans that bought tickets to tonight's concert. I changed clothes and the nurse drove me to wherever I needed to go; I asked to go to the venue where the concert was held. 

I threw on a mask and a cap to avoid people who were already waiting in queue. I saw some staff members I had known over the course of working at Big Hit and walked over to them. They were setting up tables to have fans check in before heading in; I walked up to them. They looked at me with a confused look thinking I was a fan. "It's me." I said and lowered down my mask. "Team Lead." They greeted in a happy tone. "I'm not a team lead anymore, just call me TaeMi." I said smiling back. 

Their expression changed, "We trust you, we know you wouldn't do something like that. You cared for these fans and the events so how can you do something like that? It's not right." They defended me. I shook my head, "What's done is done." "Hopefully all the fans came." They said nervously. "They will...I released an official notice on the issue and said if they come, it will be resolved." I answered. I placed a bag onto the desk and they looked at me, "Thanks for transferring the list to me, I have calculated how much each fan overpaid and have them all each separated in an envelope. When you check fans in, remember to give them a water bottle, a hand held fan and each their refund." I instructed. "See if you were the one that did it, would you even do this?" They exclaimed.

"Thanks for believing in me, I don't know if we'll meet again in the future but thanks for working with me and tolerating me." I said with a smile. "Are you going somewhere team lead?" They asked raising an eyebrow. "Who knows..." I replied. "Well you guys do your work. Take care guys." I bid farewell and was about to leave when I turned back remembering something. "Here, give this to Jun oppa." I reached into my pocket and pulled out a usb along with a folded note.

When I got to the hospital, I changed rooms and was resting on a different floor for the night. That way if anyone visits they would think that I have left. I turned off my phone after booking my flight. I decided to stay at the hospital for another day on the doctor's request.

--No one's POV--

Fans lined up as each of them checked in. "What is this?" They asked when they received an envelope. "Refund on the extra amount you paid on your ticket." The staff answered and the fan was given a bottle of water, "Someone had said water is a must when you're at a concert." The staff added. The fans went inside happy to receive everything. 

Jun hyung came by and the staff called him over, "Jun shi! TaeMi left this for you." they handed him the usb and the note. "She came by? Where is she?" He asked. "She left." He called TaeMi but couldn't reach her. "What is this?" He pointed to the box of white envelopes each written with seat numbers and names. "It's the team lead's doing. She calculated all the fans extra spending and is giving it back to them."

"What a fool...still doing all this when you have suffered." He said and walked into the venue to check out what he had received. He went into the staff room to take out his laptop. Justin, Yumi and Soojin walked over asking him what he was doing. He stuck the usb into his laptop and it was a video TaeMi had recorded that morning. The team watched the recording and Yumi reached out to read the note. 

"I'll return the ticket I bought for the concert. Hopefully this ticket can be given to someone who couldn't buy it." was written.

"She has never changed..." Justin said feeling guilty. "The only thing we can do for her is to prove her innocence." Jun replied. "How did you get this?" Soojin asked.

"TaeMi came by, but the staff said she left after dropping stuff off. I tried contacting her but it doesn't go through." He answered.

Right then an email came through regarding the money fraud into TaeMi's account. "The person who used Lim TaeMi's account did it at an internet cafe in Busan." There was a photo attached and Jun clicked to open it up. Everyone's eyes widened at who that person was.

The concert began and everyone was too busy to listen to what the team had to say; anything regarding TaeMi was dismissed without a word or a glance of interest. "How can they turn away from her so fast..." they were all disappointed. "Let's take this into our own hands." Yumi suggested smirking and the members looked at her with curiousity. "Jun oppa, have you finished the video you made to gift TaeMi?" She asked. "Yeah I did, why?" He asked. "Good, burn it onto the usb. If they're not going to listen to us, why not force them to?" Yumi said smiling as she eyed the projector. "Ahhh...we are the event planning team." They all knew what she was talking about now. 

--TIME SKIP--

The members had their last talk session at the end of the concert. "Did you guys have fun?" Jimin asked first. "Yes!" They screamed waving their lightsticks in the air. "We were afraid you all wouldn't come out today, but to see all the seats so full we feel relieved." Jin said looking out to the crowd. "We're sorry for the trouble that was caused by one of our staff." Hos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter