It's Been A While

Fateful Encounter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, I couldn't get over the fact I didn't recognize her right away. I missed the chance completely and I was upset at myself. "It's been a year...you finally appeared in front of me yet I let it slip. DId you not see me? Did you move on?" I thought about so many things. I turned to my side and her image snuggling in my arm appeared, I reached out for her face but she disappeared. 

The next morning, we went to our first schedule of the day before heading to the company for a meeting. "There's a representative coming this afternoon, we don't have to attend but it'll be good to say hi and get familiar with her as she'll be working with us for the next couple weeks." Our manager said as we drove to our schedule. 

"Hyung...did you find out about Hyunwoo?" I asked, not caring about the meeting. "Ah, about Hyunwoo, I was able to get his contact information. Here's the number." Manager hyung passed me his phone and I quickly called. 

"Hello?" A female voice answered. "Uh...is this Hyunwoo's noona?" I asked knowing it wasn't a familiar voice. "I'm Hyunwoo's mother," She replied. "Ahh..Hello, I'm Jeon Jungkook. I was hoping to look for TaeMi." I responded.

"TaeMi? Jungkook? BTS Jungkook?" she asked surprised. "Yes, It's BTS Jungkook." "Ahh...Did you see TaeMi?" She asked all of a sudden. "Huh?" I replied. "I purchased a fansign ticket for Hyunwoo but I also thought it would be a good chance for you two to meet." "I did see her but I couldn't get to her quick enough before she left." I said disappointed. 

"Ah...TaeMi is currently working in Seoul for a bit, I don't know if I can give out her phone number without her permission. All I can tell you is, you'll see again. Don't worry and don't let her go." She said and hung up.

"Did you get it?" Taehyung hyung asked. I shook my head, "She didn't give it to me, but she said I would definitely see her again." I answered, "I just hope she's not wrong." 

--Your POV--

I was getting ready to leave for work but had to go pick up Hyunwoo before heading over to the company. "Hello? I have a meeting at 3pm today with BigHit, but I have a child with me. Is it okay if he stays with me during the meeting?" I asked the receptionist at the company. "He's well behaved so he can just sit outside the meeting room as he waits for me. I just want him within my eyesight." I said. "For sure, I will just let the staff know." The receptionist kindly responded to my request. 

I hung up and walked over to Hyunwoo's daycare to pick him up. I was dressed professionally and had make up on, hair in curls; something I didn't wear often back when I was working for BigHit. 

"Hyunwoo ah!" I called him seeing him walk out of hte daycare with his buddies. He ran towards me with a huge smile on his face. "Noona!" He called and hugged me. "Did you have fun?" I asked. "I did! Whoa noona!!" He exclaimed. "Hmm?" I asked. "You look pretty!" I laughed and played along "Really? Should I wear this everyday?" He shook his head, "No, I like your natural style better." I ruffled his hair. "Thanks for taking care of Hyunwoo," I said thanking his teacher. "You are...?" She asked raising an eyebrow. "I'm TaeMi, yesterday we met." I introduced myself. "Ah!" She said, "Oh you're welcome. Hyunwoo is such a sweet kid." She complimented. "Right? He's adorable. We'll head off now. Hyunwoo, say bye to your teacher." I said putting my hand on his shoulder. "I'll see you tomorrow teacher!" He bowed and we were on our way. 

"TaeMi..." The teacher tilted her head hearing a familar name. She turned her head back to look but we were already crossing the street.

We took a taxi and arrived at the company a bit earlier than expected which gave me time to relax a bit before the meeting. I walked up to the receptionist, "I have a meeting at 3pm. I called about bringing a little child with me?" 

"Ah.. this way please." She said and led the way. I followed her but the building was familiar to me, I knew every hallway, every floor. We went up to the 3rd floor, "You can have a seat in the guest waiting room, I will call for you when the meeting starts. Also, this room is for you to use so your child can stay here." She said smiling. I smiled and looked at Hyunwoo, "Will you be okay here without Noona? I will just be a couple rooms down." He nodded and gave me a cute okay sign. He took out his colouring book and started doodling. I stood up and looked around, I didn't remember there was a guest room and noticed a door in the room, "hmm?" I thought and walked over. I got curious and tried opening it but it was locked. 

The receptionist came in with a cup of coffee and a bottle of juice for Hyunwoo. "Ah..that door is locked." She said seeing me trying to open it. 

"Ah...it's been a year since I've been here; from my memory I don't remember this room and this door." I said turning to her. "Oh? You worked her before?" She asked surprised. I smiled and nodded, "Yeah." "I'm new here, so I don't know much. However I do know where thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter