Familiar Aura

Fateful Encounter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Things have changed unnie, look at me. I'm not who I used to be." I said half confidently. She shook her head, "Your appearance may have changed, but I can still see you, internally, haven't changed one bit." 

"Let's not talk about this." I said changing the subject, but she didn't want to. "People are still regarding you as Jungkook's girlfriend. He hasn't announced an official break up between you two." She said. "That's his side, I already broken up with him that day." I replied. "Well then tell me, are you seeing someone?" she asked as I turned and gave Hyunwoo some snacks out of my bag. "I am." I said lying so that she can stop asking me. "You are?!" Jiwoo unnie exclaimed pressing on the breaks a bit harder. "Unnie, careful." I said giggling at her reaction. 

"You're seeing someone now?" She asked with wide eyes. I nodded, "Why? I can't?" I answered; totally avoiding her eyes so that she can't read through my lie. "What about Jungkookie hyung?" Hyunwoo asked from the backseat nibbling a cracker. I turned and looked at him, "doesn't he have thousands of fans?" I said teasing, "Aren't you one of them?" Hyunwoo nodded, "Yeah. He has me too! But...he needs you." Hyunwoo said cutely. I laughed and shook my head. 

It's been a few months now that Jiwoo unnie's family moved up to Seoul so that Hyunwoo can start school; so I was taken to their new apartment. They already had one room ready for my arrival which I told them they didn't have to, I could've just slept in their living room. 

"TaeMi ah, take a shower and rest for a bit; my husband will be bring home some dinner." Jiwoo unnie said as I was getting settled down in the guest room. "Okay unnie!" I responded. I went to take a shower, took off my makeup and laid in bed and fell asleep shortly after.

I heard the door open and small foot steps walking into the room, "Noona..." Hyunwoo said shaking me softly. "Hmm?" I answered. "Daddy's home with food, wake up and eat." He said still shaking me. "I'll be right out Hyunwoo." I said opening one eye and ruffling his hair before he ran out of the room.

I walked out of the room yawning. "Looks like you're not going to get used to the time yet." Hyunwoo's dad said laughing. "I tried to stay away, but that didn't happen." I replied. "Come and eat while it's still warm." Jiwoo unnie said while setting down some plates and chopsticks. I walked over and took a seat and Hyunwoo came over and tried sitting on my lap. I smiled at his little action and picked him up.

"Hyunwoo ah, let noona eat." His dad said. "Ahh oppa, it's okay. It's been a while since I've seen Hyunwoo." I said lightly pinching his cheek. "Hyunwoo ah, eat this." I said and fed him some Jajangmyeon. 

"TaeMi ah, don't spoil him too much." Jiwoo unnie said taking a bit of kimchi. "He's so cute. I can't resist." I said gushing over him.

"So when is your meeting?" Hyunwoo's dad, Sungwoon asked. "The day after tomorrow oppa." I replied while casually eating. 

"It's nice to have you join us, Jiwoo and I wanted to go out on a small trip but we weren't sure if we can leave Hyunwoo. Now that you're here we were thinking of leaving Hyunwoo with you. Is that okay?" He asked. 

"That's fine! I can totally watch over him. Right Hyunwoo?" I said looking at him while smiling. He nodded and turned to his parents, "Appa, umma, I'll be good." He said putting his little thumb up in the air. 

"Would you be okay following noona to work after daycare?" I asked. "hmm! I'll be good and wait for you." He said nodding. I ruffled his hair, "You kept your promise with me didn't you?" I said laughing. "Yeah, a man has to keep his promise." His little remark made everyone at the table burst out laughing. 

I laid in bed that night, wondering how things will be tomorrow. I will be meeting with my old team, Bang PD and possibly BTS; the exception is they don't know the person who will be meeting them will be me. I was representing my company to go discuss how the venue was going to be laid out; my company was hired to be one of the contractors for the concert and because I have worked in Korea for a while, they thought it would be best for me to go. 

Hyunwoo and I got up early to see off his parents on their short trip. I fed Hyunwoo before walking him to the daycare bus stop right in front of the apartment building. I did some work to get ready for my meeting tomorrow. "Oh unnie," I answered my phone and it was from Jiwoo unnie. "Tickets? where?" I walked over to the drawer underneath the TV stand, I pulled out the drawer to find a ticket. "Taek Hyunwoo there." Jiwoo unnie instructed. "Oh? Unnie...I.." I said realizing what ticket it was. 

"Didn't you say you were okay?" She asked. "I...okay..." I said sighing after hestitantly agreeing. 

--TIME SKIP--

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter