A Gift To Remember

Fateful Encounter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sat down at the dining room with 2 plates of steak, mash potatoes, veggies and 2 wine cups and was satisfied with the set up. "Now all we have to do is wait." I said.

Time passed and the food was getting cold. Still no sign of him coming home, then I heard my phone notification and quickly opened it up. It wasn't from him but from an unrecognizable number.

"Did you have dinner yet?" it read.

"Sorry who is this?" I answered.

"Jungkook." 

"Ah Jungkook shi, food is ready so I will be eating soon." 

"We're done with our schedules and are sitting at a bbq place; if you want to join us, you're still welcome."

"Thanks for the offer, but I think we'll have to hang out some other time." 

I put my down and sighed. I tried calling Justin but he didn't pick up so I decided to wait another 30 mins before calling again. This time it went through, but what I didn't expect was a voice of another.

"Oppa, where are you?" I asked.

"TaeMi shi?" a woman's voice asked.

"Sorry who is this?"

"It's Yumi. I heard today is your birthday but unfortunately Justin isn't able to come home tonight. He's staying with me tonight." I stiffened and I could feel a sharp pain as if someone stabbed me. "w--what?" I stuttered. 

"I have a present for you. I thought you were too pitiful to continue this so I would like to let you know sooner than later." She said and hung up.

I couldn't respond quick enough before she hung up. Within seconds I received a text message; I was trembling but I had to open it to see what it was. I had tears in my eyes by the time I saw it. He was in bed with her smiling at the camera as if he was teasing me for being a fool.

I dropped my phone and looked at the dinner I had prepared. "How could you?" I sobbed. "How could you?!" I said as I tossed the glass of wine to the group. The phone rang again and as teared rolled down my cheeks I gathered the courage to pick it up.

"Were you surprised that you couldn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter