No Matter the Distance

Fateful Encounter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--JK's POV--

I wasn't happy at all, we just got back together yet she's about to leave again. I tightened my grip as I held her hand and she looked at me smiling slightly, "What's wrong?" She asked as if she didn't know what I was thinking. "We need to talk later." I replied seriously.

"Wait...If you and Jungkook are together...then what about Dongwoo hyung?" Jun hyung asked curiously. This made everyone turn and look at the three of us weirdly.

TaeMi laughed and Dongwoo hyung shook his head, "TaeMi ah...you explain..I've explained this so many times already; I'm tired." He said and flung his hand in the air in forfeit.

TaeMi raised an eyebrow and smiled slyly. "Ah...I broke up with Dongwoo oppa." She said and I stared at her wondering what she was trying to do. Dongwoo's eyes widened at her sudden statement. "Why?" Some staffs asked. "Is it because of Jungkook?" Manager oppa asked. "Ani...Dongwoo oppa, has another woman." She said pointing to him, "Pfft.." I laughed and she gripped my hand to tell me to hold it in. Dongwoo hyung turned and looked at her in disbelief. "What?! He cheated on you?" Some staffs yelled out looking at hyung. "No no...TaeMi!" He yelled out waving his hands in the air refuting all the rumours. 

"He didn't cheat, he's married to her." TaeMi added to the fuel. "What?!" Bang PD nim spat out his food. "You two timed?!" "TaeMi!!" He yelled and TaeMi bursted out into laughter. "Oppa...you said you were tired of explaining, so I'm explaining it for you." 

"You little...brat... come here!" He said and started walking over to us. TaeMi hid behind me, "Oppa! I'm telling the truth!" She said giggling. "You...why you little spoiled brat.. I spoiled you way too much." He said jokingly mad. Everyone was confused and she broke free from my hand and started running away as Dongwoo hyung chased her down. The members and I laughed at how cute she was and I knew exactly why she was so well loved by everyone who comes to know her.

"What's going on?" Jun hyung asked. "He's her cousin in law, the wife she's talking about is her cousin." I explained. "What?! So he's cheating on her cousin?!" Jun hyung asked in shock. "Aigo aigo..." Soojin noona said smacking the back of his head slightly. "Do you think TaeMi would do something like that?!" "So she lied.." Yumi asked in shock. "Ahh...Dongwoo hyung dated her cousin when she was in grade 12. He met her and they clicked like real siblings. He and her cousin dote on her the most so if anyone comes near her, they'd put up brick walls." Justin hyung explained while eating. "You knew all this hyung?" I asked. He nodded and laughed, "Yeah, when she was in university, she was confessed to by quite a few people. Because she wanted to focus on school, she'd use him as a shield. When she introduced him to you all as her boyfriend, I already knew it was a show." Everyone looked over at TaeMi and Dongwoo hyung.

Dongwoo hyung had her in a soft headlock, "yah...we'll deal with you when we go home. You're going to have to do a lot of explaining to do with your cousin." "We'll go down together." She laughed. He ruffled her hair, "You're not scared of me anymore are you?" She broke free and ran towards me and holding onto my arm, "You and unnie love me the most, you won't have the heart to punish me. You guys always end up letting me off the hook." He shook his head with a smile, "I give into you Lim TaeMi...we've spoiled you way too much." TaeMi stuck out her tongue and turned to me smiling; I pinched her cheek, "You're so naughty." 

We finished lunch and everyone went back to their cabins to get ready to head back to Seoul. "Dongwoo hyung..." I said as I put my clothes that I neatly folded back into my bag.

"Hmm?"

"Are you really taking TaeMi back home?" I asked disappointed.

"Oh...her cousin probably wants her back after being on a work trip for this long. She hasn't let TaeMi leave more than a week because of what happened a year ago." He replied. 

"What do you mean? There's more to what I already know?" 

Dongwoo hyung nodded and sighed, "There's something that I haven't told you about." I stared at him with curious eyes.

"TaeMi probably doesn't want you to know, but I feel like you should." I stopped what I was doing and listened attentively.

"TaeMi's pregnancy and miscarriage was kept a secret from us. She didn't let any of us know that she was pregnant nor did she tell us she lost the child until we got a call from the doctor in New York when she was rushed for an emergency surgery."

"We thought we lost her.." He continued and I looked at him shocked. 

"Didn't she leave the hosptial on June 12?" I asked.

"No, she didn't leave; she just switched floors and the doctor diverted your guys' attention upon her request. She didn't want to burden you if you were to find out she was in the hosptial. TaeMi was suppose to leave the day after your concert but her health declined drastically overnight and we had an emergency call from the doctor; she had internal bleeding. We took the earliest flight to come down to New York while she was in surgery. The doctor told us to be prepared since her blood levels and oxygen were low." 

I closed my eyes with a pained expression, "Why didn't you tell me?" I thought. "It was my fault...everything was my fault. I should've trusted her; I should've listened to her side..." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter