Confusion

Fateful Encounter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--JK POV--

I got off stage rushing to see TaeMi to ask her how my surprise gift was. When I got there, the staffs informed me she had left without saying anything. "Huh? Where did she go?" I asked. "I'm not sure, Justin and Yumi drove her back to the hotel. It seems like she's leaving Japan. Justin booked her a flight just now." Eunhae, a staff, that I helped when she tripped. 

I picked up my phone and tried calling her but there was no answer, "why did she suddenly leave without saying anything?" I was upset but tried understanding her. "Jungkook ah, time to head back out." Taehyung hyung told me. "We'll fill you in once TaeMi calls us." Jun hyung said patting my shoulder, "Don't worry too much." 

The concert went on and I was hoping she was there at our concert dinner but she wasn't. She didn't call or reply to our messages either and it got me frustrated. "Jungkook ah, she really loved your gift." Justin hyung tried to lighten the mood. "Yeah, she cried in the waiting room." Manager hyung chimmed in while eating. 

Justin hyung excused himself halfway as his phone rang, "I'll be right back." He told the others. He ran outside for a bit and returned looking unsettled; "We need to talk guys." He said to the others; Jun hyung, Soojin noona and Yumi went with him to sit at another table away from us. There faces weren't good and after a long small talking amongst themselves they came back to where everyone else was. "TaeMi said that she's not going to be in Seoul for the next week or so." Justin hyung announced.

I raised an eyebrow at him, "Why didn't TaeMi call me?" I asked in confusion. "She has her reasons. Just trust her, she also relayed her thanks to you Jungkook for the special gift. She'll meet you all at the New York concert." "Hopefully it's nothing serious." Yoongi hyung said as he took a sip of his beer. 

We boarded the plane to go back to Seoul. At the airport, Justin hyung announced he was not going back to Seoul, rather he needs to go somewhere else. "Where are you going?" Jin hyung asked. "A friend needs me right now, I already called the company and asked for a quick leave." He replied heading off to another line to check in. "Remember to call us, we still have a lot to discuss and deal with." Yumi said calmly and he nodded. "I'll deal with the plans we have overseas for the concert, TaeMi will keep in contact as well." He said before he went and boarded at a different gate. 

I called TaeMi again, yet still no answer. The members messaged her separately and they too did not get a reply. We were getting worried however, shortly after we boarded she gave me a call.

"TaeMi ah!" I yelled through the phone. "Sorry Jungkook, I had an urgent situation to attend. I'll explain everything later; just trust me and don't worry." She said but I can tell there was something much more than that. "I'll call you again. Love you." She quickly said and hung up. There was something in her voice, like she was trying to cover up her sadness but when I called her back, it went back to voicemail.

"What are you hiding from me?" I whispered to myself. It seems these last few days, she's been hiding some things behind my back. I decided to ask her when she's back.

--Your POV--

I closed my eyes blaming myself for not being with my family. I arrived home and when I went through customs and headed straight to the hospital. My dad's condition worsened and the fees were getting a bit too much for us to handle. "We have a treatment that can be done but the cost is not covered by insurance, let me know what your decisions will be." The doctor explained to me. "How long will it give my dad?" I asked concerned. "Its a 30% survival rate, if you're dad is lucky enough, he will get better but if he isn't, it can extend his life time a little longer. I just hope you are prepared." 

"Don't waste your money on me." My dad turned to me and smiled. "No dad, I gotta do something. It's okay. Money...I can find, but another dad...I can't." I replied holding onto his hand. I told my mom I would be right back and went to the bank machine to check how much I had in my savings. 

My eyes widened at the amount that was in my account, "since when did I have so much?! There must be a mistake." I remembered I had transferred 10k over to the venue, I shouldn't have this amount left even with the bonus I just received but all of a sudden the amount doubled. "I should check with the company when I see them." I thought and returned to the hospital. "I'll pay for the treatment." I said and my parents looked at me, "Don't worry, I just received my bonus." I said with a smile. 

I signed the papers and paid for the treatment and the doctor told me he would schedule the treatment right away as my dad's condition couldn't wait. I called and told my team that I would meet them in New York and that my dad is under treatment. They offered to help me financially but I told them I could still do it. 

I stayed with my family for a week and was getting ready to head over to New York. "I'm at the airport right now. I'll be in New York in about 5-6 hours. I'll check in our hotel first and I'll see you guys there." I told my team as I was waiting to board my flight. "Yah, TaeMi ah. Have you even gone to the doctors to check on the baby?" Soojin unnie asked. "ah...I've been so caught up, I haven't been able

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter