New Beginning

Fateful Encounter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--Your POV--

I froze, what is he saying to me? I couldn't process anything and just stood there; my heart was beating fast but it's because I was shocked. "I...you..." I tried saying something. He smiled and said, "Take your time. I can wait; I just...didn't want to regret it and let you go like that." My eyes tried studying him, "did...I just cause someone to fall for me?" 

He took me over to the counter and he did everything, I got my checked luggage back, my ticket was cancelled. Everything happened so fast, I didn't even manage to refuse. Next thing I knew it, I was heading back to their apartment where the others were waiting for me.

Jungkook took my hand and took me inside. "TaeMi ah!" Jin called and walked over grabbing my luggage. "Yah! You should at least say good bye in person." Yoongi said disappointed. 

"uh?...Mianhae (sorry)" I was still wrapping my head around everything. Jungkook let go of my hand and smiled at me, "You can stay in my room." "Huh? Then where are you going to stay?" I asked surprised.

"Eh, he can sleep wherever. He has 6 hyungs around. He can sleep around." Hoseok said smiling, coming over and dragging me into Jungkook's room. "Now..make yourself at home. We'll be back after our schedule." 

Jin rolled my luggage into the room and they all waved good bye before leaving the apartment. I ran out and pulled onto Jungkook's arm. "Uh...Jungkook shi." 

"Shi?" He responded in a disappointed voice. "That makes me feel as if I screwed up." 

"Ah.." I let out a small awkward smile, "Jungkook ah.. about earlier... I want to let you know, I never thought this would happen. I'm sorry but I can't return your feelings." 

He smiled, "It's okay, I told you I'll wait. When I ran after you, I knew that was going to be the answer to begin with. Don't be sorry, I just want you to know I'm here for you. Not only me, but hyungs are here for you as well." He turned and left. 

And so...my stay with BTS had begun, I didn't know it would turn out this way but it did. To be honest, they took really good care of me. Being with them got me thinking less about what had gone wrong in my life and just appreciating the little things and looking forward to what was ahead of me. We even moved into a bigger apartment complex so each of us got our own space. I got along with them great and their staff treated me as a family member. They had opened a new world for me...and I landed a job at their agency. 

After a few months working for them, I was now promoted to an executive member of the event planning department. Today was my first day working as an executive and which meant I would be seeing my ex and his girlfriend. Although I got over him, I still felt awkward. Working for the company, I had never seen the two as I avoided them as much as possible and now it was time for me to face them head on. 

"TaeMi ah?" Manager oppa called as he walked into the house. "Nae?" I poked my head out from my room. "You ready? I dropped off the members early in the morning and didn't want to wake you up too early so I decided to take you to the company later." He said. 

"Oh you didn't have to." I said as I walked out grabbing my bag. "Eh..I have to take care of you too. We're family. Let's go or you'll be late for your first meeting." He said and helped me with my laptop. "Thank you manager oppa!" He smiled and gave a thumbs up.

In the car I was reviewing some papers and talking with manager oppa about his wife and daughter. In the middle of our conversation my cellphone rang; my phone was now replaced. The members bought me a new phone even though I said I could've stuck with my old one. 

"Hello?" I answered.

"TaeMi ah, on your way yet?" It was Jungkook.

"Mmm... I'm on my way," I replied smiling at the sound of his voice.

"We'll be waiting for you in the board room. Are you ready?" He asked.

"uhm... I'm nervous but I can do it. With you guys there, I'll be fine." I responded. 

"Ahhh TaeMi ah...I miss you!" Hoseok can be heard in the background. "Hyung.." Jungkook said laughing. "Hurry and come, I'll be waiting." Jungkook said and ended the call.

Jungkook and I were normal, he is really nice to me. He does everything he can for me and still... I haven't returned his feelings. I'm just afraid things will not end up like I hope it would be. 

I arrived at the company building and I headed inside with manager oppa. He led me to the other part of the building that I had never been to as I was trained in another part of the building. "This way," he led me to my new office and helped me set up everything before taking me to the meeting. 

"Okay, PD-nim. I'll take her over now." Manager oppa said over the phone. "Let's go, the meeting has started." 

I followed manager oppa to the board meeting, I stood at the door and took a deep breath;

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter