Why Did You?

Fateful Encounter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Things got busier and I didn't see the members as much, they were heading off to different countries and cities for their concerts. I was dealing with so many things at the company it was getting a bit overwhelming. During my break, I would message the group or give a call to Jungkook; however, slowly the members didn't have time to even reply or read my message. Jungkook too doesn't pick up my calls often and would just leave me quick messages such as "Sorry, I'll call you back, I love you." Things slowly went astray afterwards, I was under pressure and stress.

I was stressed but I was sure they were just as stressed and tired. I put my phone down and went through a bunch of paperwork when I received a call. "TaeMi shi, please come to the board room." I looked at my schedule, I was sure there was no meeting today. "Is something wrong?" I thought and headed towards the board room.

As I entered, I was attacked by a bunch of glares and to be honest it was scary; it was as if they were waiting to attack me. "Is something wrong?" I asked cautiously. Bang PD was mad, he threw the papers at me, "Look at this. How could you do something like this?" He raised his voice and it scared me, I've never seen him so angry. I bent down and picked up the sheets of fallen papers; "Cancellation Fee" was written on it. My eyes widened, "I..I didn't do this." I defended myself. "Then what's with the signature?" another board member asked. 

"It's mine..but I didn't sign it." I replied recalling that I've never seen this document before. "Well whoever did, screwed us over. Look at the fees! And the concert is just around the corner. What kind of joke are you pulling?" Another board member yelled at me. "Trust me, I'll fix this. Give me a day. I promise I won't make the company lose a penny," I blurted out knowing very well I had no plans in mind. Bang PD let out a sigh and responded, "I'll give you one day." 

I dismissed myself and walked back into my office holding the documents in hand. I plopped back into my chair and tried recalling every encounter with different documents. Then I remembered, Yumi had walked in with a bunch of documents one day when I was busy getting ready for a meeting and told me to sign them. I told her to leave it and I'd sign once I reviewed it but she kept insisting me to get it done before I leave. I picked up my phone and called the venue that was located in Japan. After a quick confirmation, I hung up.

"Can you please call the team to my meeting room?" I asked one of the secretaries downstairs over the phone. Shortly after they were gathered, I walked in and tried to hold my composture. "Team lead, is something wrong?" Jun oppa asked. I walked over to Yumi and slammed the documents down in front of her. She wasn't fazed by it at all. "What is this?" She asked. 

"Don't recall?" I was angry and everyone was confused. "You did this didn't you? You cancelled the venue and now we have to pay cancellation fees. The concert is in a few days!" I yelled. She looked at me, "How can you blame it on me? It has your signature. Also, I've never done this." She responded. "There must be a mistake." Justin oppa tried defending her. "Then are you saying we worked our asses off and then I went and cancelled it out of no where?" I turned to him and gave him a sharp glare. I turned back to her, "I think you forgot, there's cameras in my office." I obviously lied but she took the bait.

Yumi looked up at me with a surprised look, "Huh?" I smirked and in return asked, "What's with the reaction? Also, I called the venue, they are willing to send me emails exchanged with the person on our end." She gulped and looked away nervous and that gave it all away. "You did this?!" Soojin unnie asked angrily. "How could you? We worked so hard on this together!" Justin oppa fired at her. 

"What should I do with you? Should I make you pay for the cancellation fees? Should I head to Bang PD nim's office right now and declare your crimes?" I threatened. She looked at me and bit her lips as she panicked. "TaeMi ah, please.. I know I made a mistake." She begged. "Why did you do this in the first place?" I asked for an explanation. She teared up and looked over at Justin oppa and everyone else in the room, "Because... my hatred took over me. I didn't like how you got into this position when I worked so hard. I also didn't like how everyone cared for you and treated you so well. I...was scared Justin oppa would leave me and try to get you back." She sobbed. 

Everyone shook their heads, "even so... is this something you can only account to? Come on Yumi ah... we've been a team for how many months now? You know how hard it was for our team. It wasn't easy trying to plan everything." Soojin unnie countered attacked her. I can see the guilt and remorse on her face as she wiped her tears. "I'm going to gather a meeting. You all go back to your desks." I said and was stopped by Yumi, "I'm sorry.. Please..." I let go of her grip and walked out not wanting to listen to her.

"Hello?" I spoke over the phone. "This is Lim TaeMi, BigHit's executive on the event planning team. I think there was a mistake due to my team member's negligence. I would like to apologize, but I want to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter