Broken Trust

Fateful Encounter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--Your POV--

I walked in but no one greeted me like they usually did. Everyone's expression showed disappointment, confusion, anger. BTS members looked at me with doubt in their eyes and I thought, please don't give me those eyes. 

"Why did you do it?" The question was thrown at me right off the bat. "I didn't. I don't know how this came to be, but I can guarantee you all that I didn't do it." I defended myself calmly.

"Bang PD nim, there's a mistake; you know TaeMi wouldn't do something like this." Soojin unnie defended me. 

"We've been together for months, it's not like you don't know how much work she did." Yumi added.

"Then explain to me why you're being the one named as a suspect?" Bang PD asked.

"I don't know. I don't know who would've used me." I answered. It didn't look like no one believed me and I looked over to the members for support but they kept quiet. I shook my head, "I really don't know. I'm telling the truth, I really didn't do it." 

"Bring it over to me." Bang PD nim asked Eunhae to bring over a document. He threw it at me, "Why is it in your account?!" He yelled. Everyone looked at me disappointed. 

"TaeMi ah... if you did it, just admit it at least we can forgive you." Namjoon said to me. "What do you mean be forgiven? I didn't do anything wrong to be begging for forgiveness." I replied looking at him disappointed he would say something like that. 

"Your account tells a different story." Yoongi oppa added looking at me. 

"I don't know how this person got my account information to use me." I said as I bent down to pick up the papers. "How did you even get information on my account?" I asked looking at Eunhae.

"Bang PD asked me to. Also, if you have nothing to hide, you should've brought your bank statement." She said confidently. I looked at Bang PD, "you've always trusted me. You should know I wouldn't do this." I said on the verge of tears.

"Ah..." Eunhae said and brought out her phone. "There's also something you should listen to." 

It was a recording of the day Yumi tried getting me fired by cancelling the Japan venue but it was cropped and edited.

"You what?! How much?!" "10k." I sighed. "Oh my goodness...what are you going to do?!" "I'll have to figure something else. I will be able to find a way." I said. "10k isn't a small amount of money... you know you shouldn't have done that." 

"I'm dating him for his money. Please keep it quiet.

I shook my head and looked over at Jungkook, "That's not true, it's..not like that!" I started panicking. Jungkook looked angry and the members were in disbelief. "You...dated me for money?" He asked as he stood up and walked towards me with daggers in eyes.

"No..I didn't! I dated you because I love you." I defended holding onto his arm with tears flowing. "Jungkook ah, this is a misunderstanding. That conversation that day wasn't like that at all!" Soojin unnie said supporting me from behind seeing me about to lose balance. 

"THEN WHAT WAS IT THAT I JUST HEARD LOUD AND CLEAR?!" He yelled and flung his arm out of my grip, I flinched losing my balance; Yumi came over and also supported me. "That's not it Jungkook. There's more to that than what you just heard, it's all cropped and edited." Yumi added.

I looked over at Eunhae, "Where did you get that recording? Was it you that was snooping around my office that day?!" I shouted at her losing my composture. "Don't you blame Eunhae, we actually asked her to keep an eye on you." Bang PD let out the truth. 

"What?" I asked turning to him. "You kept too many secrets TaeMi ah." Manager oppa said. "You weren't like before where you would let us know everything." Jin oppa chimmed in. "Something changed about you." Taehyung also included. 

"And...you all believe that." I said swallowing my tears. "Jimin ah...you too?" I asked. He didn't answer and just looked away avoiding my eye contact.

I scoffed in complete disappointment and have completely given up; I was too tired to even fight back. It was 3 against the company, they only believed in the evidence presented to them and I had none to defend myself. "Oh...I did it." I said moving myself away from Soojin unnie's and Yumi's grip and walked towards Jungkook. "I did it...I took the money." 

"Why?" He said with tears flowing, "Is money important than our trust and love?" He asked. I looked at him in the eye, "Love? Trust? Is there any of that in you right now? If there was...maybe...just maybe...you'd still stand by me. Right now, it seems like money is important." I replied as tears dropped off the side of my cheek. He gripped my shoulders, "How could you? HOW COULD YOU?! I loved you, I gave you everything I had. You hurt the people I cherished the most...you've...broken my trust." He said shaking me. "Jungkook ah! Don't do that!" Soojin unnie and Yumi said yelling at him. "You can't do that.. TaeMi is..." I cut her off, "I've broken your trust, you all broke my plan." I said laughing.

"This girl is crazy." The staff whispered to themselves. "We've trusted you so much TaeMi. I can't believe we took in someone so scary." The members said and it hurt me to the core. 

"TaeMi ah, why are you like this?" Yumi said not knowing why I would just admit to something I didn't do.

"Give me back my life!" He demanded crying dropping to the floor. I cried silently as he kneeled in front of me. 

"Lim TaeMi, you are hereby dismissed of your position, Park Soojin, Jung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter