Two Views of Hope

GAME CHANGER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been days when Matthew left Korea, and the house became quieter. Ryujin is busy working in the living room about the counter of Homocure, she realized that she still needs an expert to proofread their discovery. She heard the doorbell rang, and saw Wonyoung as she opened the door.

"Oh, is Yujin there?" the flustured girl asked, not meeting the eyes of Ryujin.

"She left to accompany Mrs. Ahn in the supermarket, but she'll back soon. Come in!"

Wonyoung offered a small nod, and entered the living room. She saw the papers scattered on the table, and read:

"Romazicon as a counter for"

Before Wonyoung can finish reading the title, Ryujin quickly grabbed the papers, and kept it in an envelope.

"Oh! Don't mind these trash." Ryujin said while cleaning the table.

"It looks interesting. What is it all about?" the girl asked.

"Oh. It's the research that Lia and I are working on. Basically the paper is all about Romazicon."

There's always an instant pain whenever she hears the name "Lia" from Ryujin's mouth.

"Why are you doing this anyway? You guys are not even from the same school." 

Wonyoung said trying not to give a hint of jealousy.

Cat caught Ryujin's tongue because she don't know how to explain everything.

"You don't have to explain anything, Ryujin. It's just that.." Wonyoung paused and saw the other girl smirking at her.

"You missed me?"

"What?! NO!" the taller girl defensively answered.

Ryujin only laughed as response because it's been a month since they last talked.

"Yujin might take a long time outside. Want to grab some coffee?" Ryujin asked

Wonyoung only looked at her and nodded.

**
"How are you?" the pink-haired girl asked.

"Well, I already have my plane ticket with me. I'll be leaving 2 days after graduation which will be the next month."

"Really?? That's... fast."

"Yeah." 

There is a brief silence between the girls because it's only a month left before their graduation.

"Fashion, right?"

"Yep! I'm glad that my mom allowed me to pursue this." 

"I bet you'll be a successful designer someday! I want you to design some of my clothes in the future!" Ryujin clapped as she imagine Wonyoung designing her dresses.

"What if you'll be first model? Be my first model for my first collection!!" Wonyoung excitedly suggested.

"Eh? You should find someone better! I might ruin your work." the girl shyly said.

"But, you're the best! You have that aura and charisma that could grab everyone's attention."

Ryujin blushed hearing those compliments, and only hummed.

"Promise me you'll be my first model?"

How can Ryujin reject the pretty girl's request when she's showing her appealing eyes?

"Alright, alright!" Ryujin chuckled.

Wonyoung cheeres so loudly as if it's one of the best things that happened to her life.

"You're the best, Ryu!"

***

As the 2 girls entered the house goofing with each other. Mrs. Ahn and Yujin were surprised to see the them together being close. Ryujin saw Mrs. Ahn staring at her, and she quickly put on her facade. There was an awkward tension in the room.

"Good afternoon, Auntie!" Wonyoung nervously greeted.

"Oh, hello, Wonyoung. I didn't expect that you're close with our Ryujin." Mrs. Ahn laid her disappointed stare on Ryujin. The girl knew that she's messed up.

"Oh, actually I invited her for coffee while waiting for Yujinie." Wonyoung answered.

"It's nice that you two are getting along. Ryujin, can we talk in my room? I believe we need to talk about your KAIST admission."

Wonyoung observed how tense Ryujin's body was as she walked away with Mrs. Ahn.

"Yah! You better explain to me your relationship with Ryujin." Yujin said as she grins.

"We-- we're friends." 

"Who are you fooling?"

The question made the taller girl confused.

"What do you mean?"

"I saw you guys being lovey-dovey outside the school gate! Remember when you told me that you'll be meeting someone? I saw you with Ryujin. Now, you better not lie to my face." Yujin pouted.

"We're hanging out as friends! I'm sorry I thought you'll be mad for being friends with her. Ryujin is a nice person."

Yujin teasingly smiled at the other girl. The first time she saw them in front of the school gate, she was surprised, but as she saw how happy Wonyoung clinging at Ryujin's arm, it made her happy too. She waited Wonyoung to tell it, but she saw that both of them became distant with each other. 

"So, do you like her?" Yujin asked.

"I don't know. How did you know you like Minjoo?"

"Well, I don't know. I just kinda feel it. I feel nervous and safe when I'm with her." Yujin smiled.

Wonyoung wondered if she ever felt the same with Ryujin. Yes, she gets nervous whenever the girl is near her. However, she feels at ease being with her. Does that means she likes Ryujin? The girl erased those thoughts and laughingly said:

"Ew. You're so whipped, Yujin." 

Meanwhile, Mrs. Ahn sat on her swivel chair, and stared deadly at the young girl.

"Ryujin, I hope you're not forgetting our deal."

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Ahn. Wonyoung invited me for a coffee, and I couldn't say no."

"THAT'S BULL!" the researcher shouted, and it shocked the girl.

"You must never get closer to the both of them, understand?"

"Ye--yes, Mrs.  Ahn."

The old woman sighed. She's not mad at the younger girl, she's afraid that she might mess up. Afterall, like the rest of the kids, Mrs. Ahn is Mr. Miyawaki's victim. After the failed experiment, Mr. Miyawaki made sure that her career won't be affected if she'll continue to find a cure for homouality.

Flashback

"You're telling me that 2 kids are affected with this drug? WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!" the man shouted as he threw his mug on the wall.

"THIS COULD RUIN MY REPUTATION, MRS. AHN!"

"I'm sorry, Sir."

"Make sure to find the right drug that will work for my daughter. Once you mess it up, you and your family will be dead. I'll save you with this one. Now, leave."

After that, she made sure that she'll be doing the right thing. The drug succeeded after the third try, and Mr. Miyawaki was so happy about it.  He promoted her, and made her even more famous. As an ambitious scientist, she felt happy about this achievement.

When Mr. Miyawaki contacted her because Sakura is in love with a girl again, she became worried that Yujin might be liking girls again. That's why she agreed with Mr. Miyawaki's plan to remake Homocure. The first part of the process was going smoothly, however when she met Eunbi and Minjoo, guilt started to eat her conscience. She got anxious and scared that maybe karma is getting at her. That's why she asked Ryujin to work for her, and used her study to make the drug even stronger than the original.

End of flashback

"I want you to give this drug to Yujin. As soon as possible." the researcher instructed as she brought out the drug sample.

"Mrs. Ahn, can I ask you a question?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter