WHITE LIES

GAME CHANGER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8 years ago

 

Little Minjoo was running around the playground when she accidentally bumped into a little girl.

 

"Awww!"

 

"I'm sorry!" Minjoo pouted.

 

"It's okay! I'm Yujin, by the way! You can call me Jinjin!"

 

End of flashback

 

After hearing Chaewon, that specific memory went to Minjoo's mind.

 

"No way."

 

That's the first reaction of Minjoo.

 

"I can explain Minjoo but we don't have the complete explanation yet."

 

"What do you mean "we"? So all of you knew about this?"

 

Chaewon can feel the irritation on Minjoo's voice. She knew that this will happen but she did not expect that this will happen so soon.

 

"Eunbi-unnie and Yena-unnie knew about this."

 

Confused. Angry. Disappointed.

 

Minjoo don't know which among these three fits her mood right now. She can't find the right words to react with Chaewon's statement. Her sister knew all about this yet she did not told her the truth.

 

"Why didn't you tell me about this? You told me that I should trust you!!"

 

Chaewon knew that Minjoo has all the rights to be angry. Afterall, she betrayed Minjoo by not telling the truth.

 

"Your sister told me so. And I think it will be the best if she will explain everything to you. But do not expect she can provide you all the answers to your questions. I apologize for not telling you earlier."

 

Chaewon can't even look at Minjoo. She is starting to regret not telling Minjoo everything she knew. Now, she only hope that Minjoo will not hate her. However, the only thing she hoped for did not happen.

 

"I can't believe that you will do this to me. I hate you."

 

Minjoo left Chaewon surprised. Tears are starting to form on Chaewon's eyes. She quickly called Eunbi to tell her what happened.

 

"Annyeong, Unnie."

 

"Hello, Chaewon! Wait, are you crying?"

 

"Mi... Minjoo knew the truth."

 

"What?!"

 

"She remembered Yujin."

 

"Okay. Just stay calm. I'll call Yuri to pick you up. Send me your location okay?"

 

"Yes, unnie."

 

The call ended and Eunbi knew she screwed up.

 

Minjoo quickly went home to confront her sister. She don't know who to trust anymore. It's making her crazy. As she enter their home, she saw Eunbi sitted on the couch with 2 cups of hot chocolate, which is Minjoo's favorite drink. It seems like Eunbi is expecting her to arrive.

 

"I assume Chaewon told you about this." Minjoo annoyingly stated.

 

"Yes. If you're ready to know everything, then sit down. If you're not, then I'll give you some time." Eunbi replied.

 

Minjoo went directly to her room and left Eunbi in the living room.

 

Tears flowed from Minjoo's eyes. She don't know anymore. It feels like everyone are just playing with her. As she was crying and screaming her heart out, she received a message from Yujin,

 

"Thank you for today, Minguri!"

 

She can't believe that the person she's in love with is her first love. She guessed that the reason why Ms. Kang encouraged her to be with Yujin is to remember Yujin. She quickly contacted Hyewon to report what she remembered.

 

"Hello, Minjoo. Did something happen?"

 

"Uhm. I think I remember something about my past. It's related with Ahn Yujin."

 

"Okay. That's a great start. I expected that you'll have a hard time in remembering Yujin. Let's meet tomorrow evening."

 

"Okay, unnie. Thank you for helping me out."

 

The call ended and Minjoo sighed.

 

"I guess Hyewon-unnie is the person I can trust." she thought.

 

The next day

 

Eunbi saw Minjoo preparing her things. She knew that her sister hates her for what she did and she have no idea how to regain Minjoo's trust. She tried talking to the other girl, but Eunbi only received cold replies from her.

 

"Do you have any plans for tonight?" Eunbi asked.

 

"Yes. Don't wait up for me. I'll be having dinner with someone." Minjoo answered.

 

"Okay."

 

The older girl started to prepare her things for school after her sister left the house. As she was leaving, her phone rang. It came from unknown number so she decided to decline the call. After a few minutes, the unknown number called again. She, again, declined it. The caller did not call again, but sent a message to Eunbi.

 

"Answer the call, Unnie. It's Sakura."

Eunbi called the number and Sakura picked up the call.

 

"What do you want?" Eunbi asked.

 

"Hey there. You're too direct. Calm down a little."

 

"I don't want to hear your nonsense, Sakura. Just because Minjoo forgave you does not mean I also did. What do you want?"

 

"What do you know about Minjoo's memory lost?"

 

Eunbi was taken aback with Sakura's question.

 

"What do you mean?" Eunbi replied.

 

"Yah Unnie. Don't answer back with a question. How about we meet tonight?"

 

"Why are you interested with this?"

 

"Apparently, my father knew something about this so I am investigating this."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"I know you still have a lot of questions. Please meet us tonight."

 

"Us?"

 

"Yeah. I am with Matthew."

 

"Ahn Matthew?"

 

No way that they already knew about Minjoo and Yujin's past relationship.

 

"Yes. His mom is somehow connected as well. I'll hang up now. We'll pick you up after your class. By

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter