LOST IN JAPAN

GAME CHANGER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura's been missing in action for more than a month, but she's keeping in touch with Nako for some updates. It's funny because she promised her dad to go to Canada, but she shifted her flight to Japan. Luckily, her father don't have any idea where she is. After hearing that Yujin already remembered Minjoo, it made her genuinely happy. At last, the love of her life can be happy now. 

She's at the café drinking her Americano and reading the business page of a Japanese news site.

"Miyawaki Gaming Corporation will dominate North America"

Sakura clicked her tongue as she read the highlights.

As she was sipping her coffee, she saw a familiar friend of hers, and her heart just stopped. It's Lee Chaeyeon.

However, she's still not in good terms with the other girl since the engagement issue thing. Sakura was still mad at the other girl for ruining her relationship with Minjoo.

As she remembered the past issue, Chaeyeon caught Sakura staring at her. The Japanese girl panicked and spilled her drink on the table. She saw the other girl chuckled which made her embarrassed. She quickly wiped the mess and continued reading from her IPad.

After a few minutes, a girl tapped Sakura's table,

"I know you're still mad at me for the thing I didn't do, but the café is full so can I share the table with you?"

"Oo-okay. I'll be leaving soon anyway."

Chaeyeon sat in front of Sakura and started taking photo of her yogurt ice cream.

Sakura can't help but to smile at the other girl. They used to be best friends.

"You still like yogurt ice cream huh?"

Chaeyeon was surprised that the other girl is talking to her.

"Of course. How are you, by the way?"

"Not so good. Everything is a mess right now. No one even knows I'm here in Japan."

"Ehh? Why is that? Does your dad bugging you again?"

"Sort of."

"Your dad is really an , by the way." Chaeyeon said while eating.

Sakura laughed at the other girl. It's been a year or two since they last saw each other. It was not a fun memory though.

Flashback

After hearing the engagement news and confronting her father, Sakura went out to go to Chaeyeon. She felt betrayed that her bestfriend will be a part of this mess. She knew that Chaeyeon knows how much she loves Minjoo.

Sakura knocked at her bestfriend's house and Mrs. Lee was the one who opened the door.

"Good evening, Ms. Lee." Sakura sobbingly greeted.

"I--is Chaeyeon there?"

Mrs. Lee just nodded and opened the door for the young woman. Sakura quickly went to her bestfriend's room and saw Chaeyeon reading a book. The other girl was surprised to saw Sakura looking so devastated and angry.

"Are you part of this?" Sakura asked.

Chaeyeon was confused.

"Part of what?"

"DON'T.. PLEASE... DON'T ACT LIKE AN IDIOT CHAEYEON."

"What the heck are you talking about Kkura?"

"DON'T CALL ME THAT!! IS IT BECAUSE OF YOUR BUSINESS? DOES MY DAD GONNA SAVE YOUR INCOMPETENT FATHER?"

"Wait. Why are you talking about my father? Do you realize how rude you are right now?"

"WOW. YOU'RE NOW CALLING ME RUDE? TELL ME HOW MUCH MY FATHER PAID YOUR FAMILY FOR YOU TO BE MY FIANCEE?"

Chaeyeon was surprised with what Sakura stated.

"What do you mean by fiancee?"

"DON'T BE STUPID CHAEYEON. MI--MINJOO BROKE UP WITH ME BECAUSE MY FATHER TOLD HER I'M ENGAGED WITH YOU." 

Sakura started to cry out loud.

"IT WAS ALL OVER THE NEWS. I TOLD MY DAD TO TELL MINJOO IT WAS A LIE, BUT HE DON'T WANT IT. NOW, I FEEL SO ANGRY BECAUSE YOU WERE PART OF THIS. I AM SO ANGRY."

Chaeyeon went to the other girl to hug her, but Sakura pushed her away.

"I hate you, Lee Chaeyeon. I'll make sure this engagement and marriage will not push through. You're not my friend anymore. The moment you agreed on this, you already turned your back at me."

"But, Sakura--"

Before Chaeyeon finished talking, Sakura already left.

"I did not know."

End of flashback

To be honest, Sakura can still feel the pain from what happened. However, she never heard Chaeyeon's side. She was too angry and too naive.

Sakura packed her things and bid the other girl goodbye.

"If you need anything, call me." Chaeyeon said while giving her business card.

"Ms. Lee Chaeyeon, CEO of I-ZON Ent."

Sakura smiled. She knew how her bestfriend wants to manage her own talent agency.

"I'm so proud you made it." Sakura said.

Chaeyeon teared up because she made that agency for Sakura. She wants to make her proud despite of what happened between them.

"Thank you, Kkura." Chaeyeon answered back.

Sakura left the café and rode the subway on her way to her condo. As she was walking, she saw another familiar figure, it was Ahn Yujin and Jang Wonyoung.

Yujin saw and greeted her.

"Hello, Sakura-unnie!"

"O--ohh. Yujin, what are you doing here?"

"We're had our vacation/classes here. Wonyoung is for fashion design and mine's about music. We're going back tomorrow."

"That's great. Are you guys busy? We can talk in the condo. I can't be seen outside." the Japanese girl laughed.

"Yeah. Sure."

The two girls

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter