CONSENT PART 3

GAME CHANGER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura was packing her things for the trip tomorrow. She was excited and worried at the same time. She wanted to help Minjoo, but she's scared of knowing the truth.

 

"Nako-yah! Are you done packing your things?"

 

"Yes, Ms. Sakura."

 

"Will you drop those honorific thing? We're friends." Sakura smiled.

 

"Okay, Sakura-unnie."

 

Sakura heard her phone ringing and saw,

 

Incoming call: Father

 

Sakura thought twice before answering the phone. After few rings, she sighed and answered the phone.

 

"Hello, father."

 

"How are you, my dear daughter? I've reflected on myself and realized that I did not try to understand you. How about meeting me over dinner?"

 

"I have a commitment to attend tomorrow. I can meet you in the morning though." Sakura coldly reply.

 

"Morning is good for me too. I can't wait to see you. I miss you, my daughter."

 

"I have to go. I'll see you in the morning. Bye."

 

Sakura ended the call and told Nako about it.

 

"Please come with me tomorrow. Just in case I need someone to support me from my father."

 

"Of course, unnie."

 

Sakura continued packing her things and Nako texted someone about what happen.

 

"Mr. Miyawaki is planning to call Sakura home and is trying to reconcile with her. What should we do?"

 

A few minutes, someone replied

 

From: Hyewon-unnie

 

"I talked to Minjoo already. Yujin is still clueless. We must move fast."

 

Nako sighed. It is not that she don't trust Sakura, but she thinks she need to do something without letting the other girl know. Nako is a smart girl. She work for Sakura as her private investigator and Mr. Miyawaki knew her as Sakura's bestfriend. But she knew that Sakura's father know more than that, which is why she is not dragging Sakura in this situation.

 

One day, as she was visiting Sakura, she saw Hyewon came out of Mr. Miyawaki's office. Due to her suspicions, she quickly researched about the girl and saw that she was the "adopted" daughter of Mr. Miyawaki. She tried asking Sakura about it but it seemed that the other girl does not have any idea about it.

 

Nako then visited Hyewon's home to confront her which was easy because the older girl comfortably shared everything to her. It happens that Ms. Hyewon knew that she is Sakura's private secretary/investigator.

 

"I know you're curious about me. But it is not me that you should focus on." Hyewon stated while drinking her tea.

 

"Then who should I focus on? I don't trust you. Even Sakura does not know a thing about your existence."

 

"Yah! You little girl. Did you think I wanted to be a non-existent member to this family? Father wants me to be her hidden daughter and do everything he says."

 

"But, why?" Nako asked.

 

"Maybe collecting smart people is a part of his hobbies." Hyewon answered

 

Nako looked so confused so Hyewon just shifted the topic.

 

"Anyway, I am not happy being under Mr. Miyawaki. He's so controlling. That is why I am taking him down. I know someday, you'll come back and ask for my help." Hyewon smirked.

 

This meeting happened before the issue with Minjoo, Sakura, and Yujin. What Hyewon said to Nako came true because Nako went to her when she wanted to help Sakura about the failed experiment issue.

 

This time, Hyewon did not told Nako everything, but promised that they will secretly work together. Nako knew about the consequences if Mr. Miyawaki knew that Hyewon is helping Sakura that is why she is very careful with her action.

 

Nako kept her phone while sending her reply with Hyewon

 

"I see. Let's hope for the best. I'll update you tomorrow."

 

Morning came and both girls are in front of the Miyawaki residence. They entered the house and Sakura told Nako to stay on the living room while she'll be meeting her father in his workroom.

 

Sakura went inside the room and saw his father reading the daily newspaper.

 

"Hello, father."

 

"Oh! My daughter! Where's your bestfriend, Nako?"

 

When Sakura is about to answer,

 

"Or should I call her you private secretary?" Mr. Miyawaki smiled.

 

Sakura felt uneasy. How can his father knew it? She tried to keep a straight face and answered

 

"She's in the living room."

 

"I see. You know, I won't hold you for a long time because travelling to Busan can be exhausting. You might get stuck in a traffic if you won't leave early." Mr. Miyawaki drank his coffee.

 

This time, Sakura is getting scared. How can she underestimate his father? She must be prepared that he knew everything.

 

"How.." Sakura murmured.

 

"I'm worried about you, my daughter. That is why I am making sure I know every little thing that you are doing. I don't care about the others, but I know you do care for them. Especially that Minjoo."

 

Sakura was speechless. How can this all happen?

 

"I have a proposition to you." Mr. Miyawaki looked at Sakura who is looking at him back with her cold eyes.

 

"Marry Minjoo. I know you love her and I want you to be happy."

 

"What?"

 

"I'll prepare everything for you. BUT

 

.

 

.

 

You should drop this investigation and both you and Minjoo should study and live in US and you must never come back here in Korea until the time that I'm dead."

 

"What if I don't want to?" Sakura asked.

 

She don't want to force Minjoo anymore. This offer might be tempting enough for Sakura, but she will not choose something that can make Minjoo unhappy with her.

 

"Wow. I never expected that you will think twice with this deal. I know how desperate you are to be with her." Mr. Miyawaki laughed.

 

"Answer my question." Sakura replied.

 

"Well, if you will not make Minjoo as your fiance, I can force her with that. But, if you're still going to do that investigation, I swear to God that your friends will suffer."

 

Sakura remained speechless.

 

"I'm giving you the permission to pursue Minjoo, but you should stop the investigation. It will be a win-win situation." Mr. Miyawaki smiled.

 

"Why are you doing this?" Sakura asked.

 

"I am just concern with you. Knowing the truth might be painful for you." Mr. Miyawaki answered.

 

"I'm leaving."

 

Sakura grabbed her bag and as she was heading towards the door, she heard her father shout,

 

"I'm giving you 3 days to decide. Enjoy, Busan!

"

 

Sakura just cried while running towards the car. Nako was surprised to see her unnie crying so she decided to drive the car to Eunbi's place.

 

Sakura decided to drop the bomb in Eunbi's house when she said

 

"I think my dad is planning something. He wants me to be engaged with Minjoo."

"WHAT?" Eunbi shouted.

 

"And who is he to dictate things like that?!" Matthew asked.

 

"He told me that he will hurt everyone if I won't agree to his plans. He knew that we are investigating something about the experiment that is why he is giving me this deal. He also knew about Nako and this Busan trip. He just--" Sakura criedly explained.

 

Eunbi touched her forehead. She can't handle the situ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter