PROMISE

GAME CHANGER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay, we already have the evidence, what should we do now? Do we tell the police?" Minjoo asked.

After they discovered the videos and voice recordings in the folder, they quickly contacted Sakura and Nako to talk about these evidence. The videos didn't only showed the shooting, but every conversation and meetings are well-documented as well. Also the phone call when Eunbi was kidnapped was also recorded.

"Oh no, not the police. Those guys are bastards. My dad controls the police department in South Korea." Sakura answered.

"But, we pretty have a solid evidence here. Hyewon is really a genius. She really made sure that she's one step advance. I think she knew this will happen, that's why she gave the necklace to you." Nako said to Eunbi.

"What should we do then?" Eunbi asked.

"Let's try to coordinate first with Mrs. Honda, since she initiated to help us in filing a case against Mr. Miyawaki. Then, we'll contact Matthew to update us with Mrs. Ahn. According to him, Mrs. Ahn is still out of the country, but she still keeps on communicating with them. She was happy that Yujin got in KAIST, but Mrs. Ahn would want Yujin to study abroad."

Minjoo's face stiffens after hearing the update from Sakura. It seems like everyone is working quick to run away from the issue.

"Did Yujin-- Is Yujin okay?" Minjoo asked.

"Thankfully, Yujin didn't spill anything to Mrs.  Ahn. Matthew and Yujin talked that it's better if they'll keep civil to their mom, so that there will be no suspicion. Yujin is alright, Minjoo. Like she said, she just needed time." Sakura assured the other girl.

"Thank you, Kkura-yah." Minjoo smiled.

"We just need to make sure that we will be working extra careful this time. No more secrets." Nako said.

"By the way, we got to go guys. Chaeyeon is already in the apartment." 

Sakura and Nako bid their goodbyes to the girls. As Sakura entered the car, Minjoo knocked at the car's door

"Kkura-yah."

Sakura was surprised and she looked at the other girl. 

"Yeah?"

"I'm happy you guys are now together."

Sakura smiled.

"Thank you, Minjoo."

The car left and Minjoo realized that she needs to fix things with Yujin before it's too late. No more second thoughts. 

She quickly dialed Yujin's number and after a few rings, the other girl answered.

"Minjoo?"

Minjoo's heart is starting to beat like crazy. She really missed hearing the other girl's voice.

"Oh, Yujin. I just wanted to know if how are you."

Minjoo can hear the other girl chuckled quietly. A smile started to form on her lips.

"Is that a boring way of saying I miss you?" Yujin asked.

Blood rushed in Minjoo's face, and she almost dropped her phone.

"Is everything alright?" Yujin asked.

"Yeah. It seems like you're fine too. Gotta go, Yujin."

"Minjoo, wait." 

There's a hint of panic in Yujin's voice.

"Yeah? What is it?"

"I would like to apologize with what happened last time. I have no excuse with the things I said to you. I hope we can sort or work it out if you're free."

"No, Yujin. I should be the one apologizing. I should have told you the issue."

"It's alright. I've been thinking about it ever since I heard the whole story, and I realized that I must really understand all of your reasons why you didn't tell me about this. My brother told me that I should always try to put myself in the other party's shoes before acting rashly. My emotions took over me, and I apologize about it."

"Thank you for understanding the situation, Yujin. I know it's been difficult for you too."

"Eyyy, it's nothing. I was about to call you, and I'm glad that you called. Is it alright to invite you for a lunch, maybe tomorrow?"

Minjoo wanted to squeal after hearing the question. She's excited to do things right with the other girl.

"Ms. Ahn Yujin, are you, perhaps, asking me on a date?"

She heard the other girl coughed.

"Why? Would you want it to be a date, Ms. Kim Minjoo?"

"YAH YUJIN!"

Yujin laughed because she knew she won over the other girl.

"Would you like to have a date with me, Ms. Kim?"

"Of course. I wouldn't miss it for the world." Minjoo smiled.

The call ended and her heart seemed to be lighter, and the world became brighter.

"What did you do to me, Yujin?" Minjoo whispered as she went inside the house.

**

"These videos and voice messages are huge evidences. Good news, we can sue that man for murder and kidnapping. However, the evidences are not enough if we'll also include the failure of Homocure in the case. You know Sakura, we need to think twice before attacking him." Mrs. Honda said to Sakura via phone call.

"I know, Mrs. Honda. We need to be extra careful with this. He's been quiet after Hyewon died."

"Don't you think it's a sign to stop? We don't know if these evidences would make him even more dangerous."

"He's not contacting me either. I don't know what's on his mind. I'll just ask the group about this. We just wanted justice for Hyewon's death."

"I know. It's hard. Even Hitomi seems to be affected, even though they only met recently. Whatever your decision will be, I'll try my best to help you out, okay?"

"Thank you, Mrs. Honda."

Sakura ended the call. She knew Mrs. Honda is right. If they will push through in bringing her father down, maybe, another life will be affected.

**

Yujin arrived earlier than the other girl. She reserved a table in an Italian restaurant, because she's been craving for pasta.

She saw Minjoo entered the restaurant, and to her surprise, everything is in slow motion. It's a wonder on why does Minjoo keeps on mesmerizing her as if they are seeing each other for the first time.

"Yujin-ah, hello!" Minjoo smiled brightly.

"Oh. Minjoo. You're here."

"Duuuh. Of course, I am here. You look so well."

Yujin smiled and asked the girl to sit down.

The first part of the lunch was a little bit awkward. Of course, the last time they saw each other, the taller girl was screaming at the other g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter