WEIRD HEART

GAME CHANGER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Welcome to our humble home, Ryujin.  I bet I don't need to introduce myself. I'll be in my room if you need anything. My brother wants to meet you, so just wait here." Yujin said as she helped the other girl to carry her things.

"Yeah. Thanks, Yujin."

After Yujin left, a tall guy welcomed Ryujin.

"You must be Ryujin. Hi, I am Matthew. I'm glad that I finally met you." the guy said while offering his hand for a handshake. 

"Hi, Matthew-oppa." Ryujin smiled showing her signature whiskers.

"You'll be staying in the guest room beside Yujin's room. I heard you also passed in KAIST. Congratulations!" the guy greeted.

The younger girl smiled back, and went to her new room.

As Ryujin entered her room, she quickly dropped her things. She decided to lay down on her bed, and stared blankly at the room's ceiling. To be honest, she really don't like getting involved with the drama in the Ahn's family. If it weren't because of her scholarship, she wouldn't do things that would harass the girl she likes.

Flashback

"I know that you're one of our extraordinary students here in school. However, I need to know if you'll be able to pay for your school fees." Hyewon explained to the other girl.

Even though Ryujin is one of the top students in Building A, that doesn't exempt her from paying her tuition fee. It's been tough for her, especially her parents just passed away. She don't have anywhere to go, and her parents' saving will not be enough to provide for her.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Kang. I'm still contacting my Auntie about this."

"I'm really sorry for your loss, Ryujin. I know we shouldn't be discussing it, but the school needs to know. School just started, and if you don't have the capacity to pay for the school fees, we would recommend you to another school."

"I promised my parents to graduate here, Ms. Kang. I'll talk with my auntie. Can we do this until the end of the month?"

"Okay, let's do that. I'll see you next month, okay?" the principal smiled.

Ryujin left the principal's room feeling devastated. She just lost her parents, and now her school wants to kick her out.

"Maybe I need to work in a part-time job." Ryujin thought.

As she was leaving the school premises, she saw a tall girl waiting in the school bench.

"It seems like she's waiting for someone." Ryujin thought. 

She observed that the girl's uniform is different from her, indicating that the other girl is from Building B. She kept on staring at the girl, and a smile formed from her lips unconsciously. Minutes later, the girl suddenly smiled at someone, and stood up. Ryujin curiously looked at the person, and she saw Ahn Yujin.

"Wonyoungie! Sorry I'm late!" Yujin shouted as she ran towards the other girl.

Ryujin silently observed the two girls laughing and having fun with each other's company. To be honest, she really wanted to be friends with Yujin. She knew her because Yujin is like one of the most popular girls in school, and she's a daughter of a well-known scientist.

Ryujin sighed and she decided to go to her friend's café to apply for a job.

As she entered the café, she was greeted by her bestfriend, Yeji.

"I already talked to my manager, and she said you can start working here tomorrow." Yeji smiled.

"Thank you for this, Yeji-ah. Ms. Kang talked to me about the school fees. God, my parents just died and instead of asking how I'm keeping up, they'll ask me about the school fees." 

"That's horrible, Ryu. I think the pay here can help you with your tuition fee." Yeji said as she pat her friend's shoulder.

"By the way, you're classmates with Ahn Yujin, right?" the girl asked.

"Ohh! Yeah that Yujin. We're in the same class. You know, she's one of the top students in Building B. Why? Don't tell me you--"

"I don't like her, Yeji. It's just that I saw her with a tall friend before I left school."

"Oh. You mean Jang Wonyoung? She's Yujin's bestfriend. They've known each other since 10. You like her?" Yeji gave a teasingly smile to her friend.

"Of course not. I'm not in the mood to think about that." Ryujin replied.

"Jang Wonyoung" she thought.

End of flashback

Ryujin realized that it's already dinner time. She grabbed her phone and wallet, and as she opened her door, Yujin was already outside.

"Oh. I was about to invite you for dinner." Yujin said.

Ryujin needs to keep her character with her, or else she'll going to lose everything.

"I didn't know you care for me that much, Yujin. Is that what your mom instructed you to do?"

Her comment surprised the other girl which made her frown.

"Do whatever you want, Ryujin. I don't know why you're even here in the first place. There's food downstairs, and if you don't want it, I don't give a damn." 

Ryujin felt bad after seeing the other girl rushed herself out of her sight. She just sighed and decided to have dinner outside.

It's a cold night, so she decided to have a tteokbokki. Yeji told her that she can't go with her.

"Great. Who even eats tteokbokki alone?" Ryujin sighed.

As she was eating her meal, she saw a familiar figure eating tteokbokki alone. Her heart started to act crazy. She's aware that she's not hallucinating. She's sure that it's Wonyoung.

As she look around the restaurant, she noticed a group of guys who seemed to be interested looking at Wonyoung than eating their own meal. A guy stood up, and approached the other girl. She saw how uneasy Wonyoung is.

"You should not get yourself involved, Ryu." 

Ryujin whispered to herself as she continues to eat her food. However, she can't stop looking at Wonyoung's table. She was surprised that it was already surrounded by guys. She quickly left her food, and approached the table.

"Jang Wonyoung, why aren't you answering my calls? Daebak, you even ate without me. Who are these creeps, by the way?" Ryujin said using her intimidating tone.

"Yah! Who are you?" A guy shouted.

Wonyoung looked so surprised, but she decided to go along with the other girl.

"She's my girlfriend. I told you I'm with someone. Now, go away before she kicks you out in this restaurant, right babe?" Wonyoung winked and smiled.

Ryujin's heart skipped a beat, but she knew she must keep a straight face to drive these creeps out of Wonyoung's table.

"Should I kick their asses, babe?" Ryujin put her hand on her chin as if she's thinking.

"No. No. We're sorry that we bothered your girl." the guy apologized.

The guys returned to their table, and resumed eating their meal.

Both girls sighed as they managed to get out of that dangerous situation. Ryujin decided to sat in front of the other girl, because the creeps are still in the restaurant.

"Thank you, Ryujin. I kept telling them that I'm with someone, but they won't stop bugging me." Wonyoung said as she continues to finish her meal.

"Why are you here all alone? It's dangerous to go out alone." Ryujin can't help but to be concerned at the other girl. 

"Yena-- I mean, my cousin ditched me. I'm craving for tteokbokki, and I decided to grab one before going home. Why are you here?"

"Well, I originally planned to grab some dinner, and here I am, saving you." Ryujin smiled.

Wonyoung can't really handle these kind of sweet talking stuff. Ryujin is the last person she's expecting to see here. Ever since their kiss and Ryujin telling Mrs. Ahn about the dating thing of her and Yujin, she decided that the girl in front of her is an enemy.

"Whatever, Ryujin. Have you eaten yet?"

"Yeah, I'm done eating dinner. You should finish that, and I'll send you home."

"Ohh no. It's alright. My house is just nearby."

"Then, it's better. I'll send you home because it's already late. I bet there's a lot of weird guys around."

Wonyoung know she can't win against the other girl.

"Fine."

After eating, they left the restaurant together and they walked their way to Wonyoung's house. It was quiet and awkward because as far as they both know, they aren't really that good friends.

"I heard from my friend that you passed in KAIST. Congratulations." Ryujin said while breaking the silence between them.

"Ohh-- thanks. Did you--?"

"Yeah. I got in too."

"Why am I even asking you? You're like the smartest girl in Building A."

"Come on, there's a lot of smart people in school. I just got lucky."

Wonyoung chuckled on how humble Ryujin can be.

"Lucky my face, Shin. By the way, Yeji is your friend right?"

"Yeah. How did you know?"

"Hmmm. Well, I saw you guys working together in a café near the school before. I don't know if you notice me, but I am in the café with my friends almost everyday. But, I don't see you there anymore."

Ryujin smiled because the other girl knows her even before they met. Of course, she's aware that Wonyoung is a regular customer in the café. She's always excited to work because she knew that she'll be there. However, after meeting that person, she needs to stop working.

"Yeah. I stopped working before the school review training."

"Ahhh. I see. To focus studying?"

Ryujin wants to tell the truth, but maybe now is not the right time.

"Yeah."

"Again, why am I even asking you these things? I know you're smart and you study all the time." Wonyoung laughed softly.

They arrived at Wonyoung's place. Ryujin wanted the time to stop, because she don't know if she'll ever talk to the girl again.

"So, yeah. Thank you for what you did, Ryujin. I'll see you in school?"

"Just call me, Ryu. You're welcome, Princess." Ryujin winked.

The taller girl was flustered with what she heard, and the wink made it even worse.

"Ugh, whatever, Ryujin. Go home safely." Wonyoung said while waving her hand goodbye.

"I will, princess.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter