CONSENT PART 4

GAME CHANGER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi! Author-nim here. Before anything else, I would like to thank you for supporting this AU. You have no idea how happy I am reading your comments and reactions. After reading those comments, I realized that I would like to see this again but in a different AU. I am planning to write a new AU, but I need your help. I am looking for 9 co-writters who would help me with this new project. You don't have to be an author to join in this AU project. If you're interested, please don't hesitate to message me here or DM me on Twitter. I am looking forward in working with you! Hope you'll like this new update!

 

/*

 

*

 

*/

 

Yujin was dumbfounded. How can she forget that Minjoo was Minmin? Her first love? There's a lot of questions coming from Yujin's mind.

 

"Does Minjoo knew about this already? Impossible. She should have told me this."

 

Then, a memory sudden came in Yujin's mind.

 

"Hi! I'm Minjoo! You can call me Minmin."

 

"I'm Yujin."

 

There was a sudden influx of memories coming to Yujin's mind causing her head to hurt like hell.

 

A lot of memories about her and Minjoo. Catching fireflies, sleepovers, playing with her outside their home, and especially their first ever kiss.

 

Yujin's phone rang once again. It's Eunbi.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Yujin-ah!!! Don't come near Minjoo! She always kiss the first person she sees whenever she takes alcohol."

 

"It's okay, Unnie. She's sleeping now."

 

"Oh, I see. Are you guys okay?"

 

"Yeah. Don't worry! Goodnight!"

 

Yujin sighed. She don't know if she'll tell Minjoo or not. Should she wait Minjoo to remember her or not? Afterall, she was not sure if those memories were hers or what, because she have no idea where those memories came from. She just slept and the moment she woke up, Minjoo already left.

 

As she was preparing her things, Yujin saw a letter from Minjoo's bed.

 

"Sorry, I need to leave early. I can't wake you up because you're sleeping soundly. I'll see you in Seoul then. Take care :).

 

-Minguri"

 

"That girl doesn't even remember what happen last night." Yujin thought.

 

But it is all wrong.

 

The moment Minjoo woke up, she remember it all too well. The way she pulled the other girl close to her and kissed her. She was too embarrassed to face Yujin at this moment, so she quickly grabbed her things and messaged Ms. Kang.

 

"Ms. Kang, I'll be on my way to my parents. I'll just surprise the squad there."

 

"Okay. Have a safe trip. See you in Seoul! :)"

 

Minjoo sighed. She prepared her things and wrote a note to Yujin, so that the other girl might think that she doesn't remembered what happened last night.

 

She rode a cab on her way to her parent's house. As she arrived, she saw Sakura's car parked in the area so she assumed that they are already there. She planned on knocking the door, but she saw that it was open already. The girl quietly entered and heard their conversation.

 

"You need to tell us the truth, Mom. They are planning to ruin our lives- her life, again. Please." Minjoo heard her sister pleading for her mom to tell the truth.

 

"I know. Since your father is out for a trip, I can tell you everything that I know. To be honest, your father is the one who knew everything. He's the one who was involved with the arrangement with that people."

 

Minjoo continued to listen as she don't want to miss out the truth.

 

"He told me to sign this paper because this will help the future of Minjoo. We were very poor back then, Eunbi-yah. We don't have any choice." the lady started sobbing.

 

"I did not knew that they will take our Minjoo's memories away since it is not stated in the contract. Both of us have no idea about this. I hated him for it at some point, but seeing the both of you healthy and able to go to school, I felt thankful. Having a choice are for the rich, Eunbi-yah. We did not had a choice until they gave us the money to never let Minjoo remember her childhood memories."

 

Minjoo started to cry. This is so insane. She felt like she was played on, like she was a rat that was used in an experiment.

 

"Eomma." It is the only word that came out from Eunbi's mouth. Now, she is starting to understand how hard it is for her parents to carry the burden.

 

"It's hard you know. Seeing your daughter grow different from what she used to be. She used to be so playful and active. She really liked her friend Yujin too."

 

Hearing Yujin's name made Minjoo's throat dry.

 

"You knew Yujin?" Hitomi asked.

 

"Of course. Minjoo can't stop talking about her. She's a good girl and a great friend to Minjoo." the lady smiled as she remember how great Minjoo and Yujin's bond was.

 

"But, I still have some questions about that family." their mother stated.

 

"Like what?" Sakura asked.

 

"You see, I think there are only 2 victims in this experiment."

 

Minjoo began to be curious. She had a hunch that it might be the girl she was in love with, but she hope that this is not true. She don't know if her heart might take it.

 

"What do you mean there are only two victims?" Matthew asked.

 

"There are only 2 copies of the parent's consent. And as you can see both parents of the victims signed in that waiver." the lady answered.

 

"Eomma, are you telling me that Mrs. Ahn, I mean the researcher, signed this consent not as the researcher of the project but as a parent?" her sister asked

 

"Exactly. I'm still wondering why would she use her daughter for this horrible experiment." the woman stated.

 

That was it. It only took two second for Minjoo to walk to the living room and shouted,

 

"What the hell was that!?"

 

There were tears on her eyes because she's not expecting to hear that Yujin was part of this mess.

 

"Oh my God! Minjoo! When did you arrived here?" Eunbi exclaimed.

"THAT IS NOT IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW!! I---I hate all of you. I don't know what to feel." Minjoo replied back.

 

She grabbed her bag and went out. Sakura followed her outside while Eunbi was calming her mom. It is chaos as how Nako would explain it.

 

"Minjoo, wait."

 

"Not now, Sakura!"

 

Sakura grabbed Minjoo's wrist and looked at the other girl who is crying so much.

 

"I'll drive you home. Please."

 

Minjoo was too weak to travel back to Seoul alone. So all that she said was,

 

"Okay."

 

It was a long quiet ride. No one is talking.

 

"Hey."

 

Sakura was surprised that the other girl started talking.

 

"Hey, do you need something?" Sakura asked.

 

"Uhm. Can you just drop me off to the school. I need to talk with Ms. Kang with regards to the schooltrip."

 

"Sure. I can come with you."

 

"No need. Just go back to Busan and tell them that I'm not mad. I'm just confused and all. Please apologize on my behalf. I did not mean to act that way, especially in front of mom." Minjoo smiled weakly.

 

"The emotions that you're feeling right now are just valid, Minjoo. You've been played on for years. I will help you fix this okay? We will help you with this." Sakura smiled back.

 

"Thank you, Kkura-yah.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter