SWEET TALKER

GAME CHANGER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good Afternoon, Class. I am Kim Minjoo, your review instructor for one week. Please don't hesitate to ask questions if you have one." The girl bowed and everyone in the room were starstrucked with Minjoo's beauty. Again, Yujin's heart started beating like crazy as if she saw Minjoo for the first time.

 

"Now, let's work hard okay? The best student in this class for every meeting will have a special prize from me!"

 

"Yaaaaaay!" everyone in the room cheered.

 

Minjoo chuckled to see the reaction of the students. She felt that they are like elementary students who are motivated with simple prizes whenever they do good things at school. She shifted her gaze to Yujin and saw the other girl smiling at her.

 

"I miss you." she thought.

 

Yujin, on the other hand, is thinking her strategies to top every lessons for each day. She can't miss Minjoo's prizes. If that's the only way that they can interact or talk.

 

"Let's do this, Ahn Yujin." she murmured.

 

"Okay, so for this day, we will be having a 1 hour lesson for science and 1 hour for english. You'll have a 15-minute break and there will be an exercise that is composed of 60 questions, and you'll answer these for 1 hour. After the test, you're free to go. I'll check the exams and will return the results tomorrow so that you can also review your wrong answers. The highest scorer will have a prize from me."

 

The session started and even though Yujin wants to concentrate, she can't help but to admire the instructor. Yujin realized that she is admiring too long when Minjoo started to call her attention.

 

"Ms. Ahn, if you're not interested in this class, you're free to go out."

 

Minjoo stated these words with a straight face and a cold tone which surprised Yujin.

 

"I... I'm sorry.. Ms. Kim"

 

The bell rang which means that it is time for their 15 minute break. All of the students went out and as Yujin went to leave the room, Minjoo called her.

 

"Can we talk, Ms. Ahn?"

 

Yujin felt starting to dry and she turned around and saw Minjoo waiting for her in the teacher's table.

 

"Okay, Ms. Kim"

 

Yujin closed the door and went to the instructor. She sat on the chair in front of the teacher's table.

 

"I'm sorry, Ms. Kim with what happened earlier. Rest assured that this will not happen again."

 

"Yah! Yujin. I would also like to apologize with what I've said earlier. You seem to be distracted.."

 

Minjoo slowly lean to the other girl and Yujin can't handle the fact that Minjoo's face is getting closer to hers.

 

"Is it because of me?" Minjoo smiled.

 

Yujin was dumbfounded.

 

"I'm just joking." Minjoo laughed so hard. She really love teasing the other girl.

 

Again, Yujin was not reacting at all. She's too shocked.

 

"Yah! Yujinie! You're turning red!!" Minjoo continued to laugh.

 

"Minguri.."

 

The instructor stopped laughing because she saw how serious the other girl is.

 

"Yaaah. Yujinie. I'm sorry.."

 

"Do you know why I can't concentrate?"

 

"Why?" asked the other girl who seemed to be curious.

 

"It's because you're too beautiful."

 

This time Minjoo can't find the right words to reply.

 

Yujin started to laugh.

 

"MINGURIII!! Look who's turning red now?"

 

Minjoo felt so embarrassed but happy at the same time.

 

"You really are a sweet talker, Yujin." Minjoo chuckled.

 

"Naaah. It's true."

 

"If I really distract you that much, then I would ask Ms. Kang to replace me."

 

"No!! Even though your beauty is so distracting, you inspire me to do my best."

 

Both girls were surprised with what Yujin said. They don't know what to reply with each other. Luckily, Yujin found her way out.

 

"You inspire me to do my best so that I can win those prizes. I'm a competitive girl you know?" Yujin nervously laughed.

 

"Okay then. You should do your best. Don't you ever disappoint me, promise?"

 

"Promise!"

 

The door opened and the other students came back to the room which means that break time is over. Yujin went back to her seat while Minjoo went out to get the exercise papers.

 

After a few minutes, Minjoo came back with the test papers.

 

"You have one hour to finish this test. If you are already finish, you can pass your papers and go home. So, good luck!"

 

The students started answering the questions. Minjoo made sure that the questions are competitive enough that they can pass the university admissions. After 30 minutes, she observed that Yujin is sleeping.

 

"What is she doing?" Minjoo thought. She is not sure if the girl is already finished or she already gave up.

 

15 minutes later, 3 students already submitted their work and Yujin is still sleeping.

 

A few minutes later, the other student submitted her work that mke Yujin the last student in the room. Minjoo planned on waking Yujin up since she only have 5 minutes to finish her paper. She approached the other girl to wake her up.

 

"Yujinie. Wake up."

 

"Ehhh? Is it already over?"

 

"Uhm you still have 5 minutes left."

 

"Am I the only one left?"

 

"Yuuh. So finalize your answers and submit it already so we can go home now."

 

Yujin stood up and submitted her paper. It happens that Yujin already finished answering the questionnaire 30 minutes ago.

 

"Ahn Yujin! Why did not you submit this earlier?" Minjoo asked.

 

"So that we can go home together! It's getting dark and we just live near each other." Yujin smiled showing her dimple and her eye smile.

 

"Whatever you want, Yujin." Minjoo went out the room with a smile on her face.

 

"You really are a sweet talker, Yujin."

 

Both of them left the school and walk their way home.

 

"How did you became our review instructor?" Yujin asked.

 

"Hmm. Let's just say that Ms. Kang has a wonderful plan for your class and she believed that I can make that plan come true."

 

"I don't get it but okay."

 

While they were walking, Yujin's stomach started to act hungry which made Minjoo laugh.

 

"You're hungry now?"

 

"A little bit." Yujin replied.

 

They decided to stop by a Ramen shop near their neighborhood. While waiting for their orders, they decided to talk more.

 

"So what's the life of being a university student?" Yujin asked.

 

"It's nice, actually. Unlike in high school where you're forced to compete with one another, in the university, your enemy is yourself. You need to have a proper time management and you always need to be diligent." Minjoo answered.

 

"What university are you planning to enter?" Minjoo asked.

 

"In your university. My mother is pressuring me to enter there. She told me that it's a nice school."

 

"But, where do you want to go?"

 

"I want to pursue music. That is why I envy Yena-unnie because she was able to pursue her passion."

 

"Then follow your heart. Talk to your mom if you want to."

 

"She would not listen. She wants us to follow her legacy of being one of the greatest researcher."

 

"Is your mom really that great? Like she did not had any failed experiment?" Minjoo asked.

 

"Hmmm. Well, my brother told me that she had a major failed experiment 8 years ago."

 

"Ehhh? Hmm even the best fall down sometimes. At least your mom did not let that failure to bring her down. I think she's a cool mom."

 

"Sometimes she's cool but she's a little bit controlling."

 

"That is why you should tell her how you feel. Tell her you want to pursue other things. I know she'll understand because you're her daughter."

 

"Okay."

 

Their orders arrived and they started eating. They paid for the bill and walked their way home. They arrived at Minjoo's home and they bid their goodbyes.

 

"Thank you for today, Yujinie."

 

"Thank you too! I think being with you is like winning the first place in our exercise. Or like winning the lottery."

 

"Stop being a sweet talker, Yujin. Go home now. Take care."

 

"Aish. Okay, fine. I'll go now. Thank you again, for making me happy."

 

Yujin ran and left Minjoo speechless.

 

It's a nice day after all.

 

Minjoo entered their house and started checking all the papers. She decided to check Yujin's paper last because she should save the best for last.

 

Three of the student got 85 percent which is not bad for their first session while the other one got 93 per

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter