THE FINAL TEST

GAME CHANGER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's a Saturday, and Yujin prepared herself to meet Minjoo. They planned on watching movie together, as friends, of course. Ever since they made up, they started talking non-stop. Minjoo has been busy with school because of her final exams. Her exams ended yesterday so they decided to meet for a celebration.

Yujin saw Ryujin in the living room watching some scientific show. It's been a week since the other girl stayed in their house. It was pretty rough at the start, but she appreciated the idea that Ryujin was trying her best to be friends with her. She felt that Ryujin is not a bad girl after all.

"Ryujin, I'll be meeting my friend. You alright here?"

"Yep, I'm good. I'll see you later."

Yujin nodded. She grabbed a small box and left the other girl.

**
"Jinjin!"

She searched for that familiar voice, and as she saw the owner, she ran towards her like how a puppy greets its owner.

"I missed you, Minmin."

A smiled formed from Minjoo as she pinched the other girl's cheek.

"You're such a sweet talker, Yujin-ah."

Minjoo clung to the other girl's arm as they went to the cinema.

After the movie, Yujin checked her phone and saw 5 missed calls from her bestfriend. Then, she saw a bunch of text messages that made her facepalm.

"What is Shin Ryujin doing at your house?!?!"

"Nevermind. Explain everything tomorrow. I left some snacks there."

"I really hate you. What happened with our "no secrets"?"

She forgot to tell Wonyoung that Ryujin is staying in her house. It's not that she forgot about it, but more of she can't find the proper timing to say it to her.

Minjoo sensed that the other girl is acting weird, so she flicked her finger at Yujin's forehead.

"Ahh! What's that for?" Yujin asked as she touch her forehead.

"You seemed a bit lost."

"Uhm, Shin Ryujin is living in our home, and I think Wonyoung saw her."

"Wait. What do you mean by Ryujin is living with you?"

"My mom asked her to stay with us since we'll be leaving Korea soon."

"What do you mean by we? Yujin, what is happening?"

Yujin told the girl about Matthew leaving Korea next month, and Yujin leaving after the school year.

"Your mom is really something. I'm a bit glad that Mr. Miyawaki is being quiet, and now I'm a bit sad that you're leaving us soon."

"Yeah. That's why we should enjoy our day together." Yujin smiled as she offered her hand to the other girl.

Minjoo smiled and took the other girl's hand

"So, what are we going to do next?"

They ate and did some shopping. They bought a couple sweater, and wore it together. It was almost night time when they went to the roof deck of the mall. There's a lot of people waiting for the fireworks show. The moon and stars were shining brightly, and it made the sky even more beautiful.

"You know, the sky is already enough even without the fireworks." Minjoo said as she observes the sky with full of amusement.

Yujin didn't respond as she was nervous holding a small box. She was planning to confess to the other girl. She thought that she shouldn't miss the opportunity that they are together.

"Yujin-ah, the fireworks are starting soon!! 30-29-28." Minjoo excitedly jumped and clapped as she joins the countdown.

"Minjoo-ah."

The other girl looked at her smiling dearly.

"Yeah?"

"Whenever I'm with you, I never doubted my feelings, because one thing is for sure, I like you, a lot. You're the reason why I was able to find myself. You're my reason for life."

Minjoo was speechless. Everything went silent, but she can hear every word, loud and clear.

"Like is maybe an understatement. I love you, Kim Minjoo. Will you be my girlfriend?"

Before Minjoo was able to answer, the fireworks show already started, and it was really loud. Instead of saying her answer, Minjoo cupped the other girl's face and kissed her. They kissed as if their souls blended as one. It was a passionate and full of longingness. 9 years of waiting is totally worth it.

As they pulled away from the kiss, Minjoo saw how confused Yujin was.

"Is that a yes?"

Minjoo chuckled on how dense the other girl is.

"Should I kiss you again?" Minjoo asked.

Yujin smiled as she's the one who pulled the other girl for another kiss.

**
"This is for you." Yujin said as she gave the box to the other girl.

Minjoo opened the box and saw a ring.

"It's a promise ring. I know I'll be leaving soon, but I want you to know that my heart will always be yours."

"Awww. Thank you, Yujin." Minjoo said as she kissed the other girl's cheek.

Yujin's phone suddenly rang, and it was Ryujin.

"Hey, what's up."

"I think you need to go home, now. Your mom is on the way here."

"Alright. I'll be there."

"Yujin, whatever happens, the Ryujin you saw in the past days is the real Ryujin. You're a smart person. I know you'll figure it out."

Ryujin didn't gave the other girl a chance to talk, as she dropped the call.

"What is it?" Minjoo asked.

"Oh. I just need to go home now. I'm sorry I can't send you home. Text me, okay?" Yujin said as she planted a kiss on her girlfriend's crown.

**
Yujin went home, and she saw Mr. Baek carrying her mom's stuff. Ryujin is right, she's back.

"Yujin-ah! How's my little girl? I missed you." Mrs. Ahn said as she hugged the girl.

"I'm alright, Mom. Welcome home." Yujin said back.

It's not that she's not pleased to see her mom. It's just that she's scared on what will happen next.

"Oh, Ryujin! How's your stay here? I hope Yujin is not giving you a hard time."

Yujin saw how timid the girl was. Her aura seemed to be different. From a friendly one, she looked so cold and intimidating.

"Everything here is fine. We don't really talk to each other, so they are not giving me a hard time." Ryujin coldly said.

"You girls should bond together. How about we go out tomorrow with Wonyoung? I heard she just went home from Amsterdam. How's your relationship by the way?"

"Mom" Yujin said. She wanted to tell the truth, but it's better if it's only the two of them. She still don't know if Ryujin is an ally or foe.

"I bet Ryujin wouldn't mind. She's the one who made your relationship public, right?"

Ryujin, on the other hand, is clenching her fist. How dare that woman puts her in the bad side? She don't want to hear how lovely Yujin's lovelife is. She just smirked at Yujin in order to keep her character.

"I hate this." Ryujin thought.

"It's alright, Mrs. Ahn. I bet she wanted to share these things only with you." Ryujin said as turned around to leave the room.

"No. She could hear this out." Yujin said making Ryujin stopped walking.

"Wonyoung and I are not together. We decided to stay as friends."

Ryujin, with her back facing them, smiled as she knows she still have a chance with the other girl. She continued to walk away from the living room, because hearing that they are not dating is already enough.

"What?! Are you out of your mind? Why did you guys broke up?"

"It's not working. It was better if we'll stay as friends. I think Mrs. Jang knew about it already. But, I will still go to Amsterdam, to study."

Mrs. Ahn sighed.

"Alright, then. I hope you guys are still good friends."

"When will dad arrive here?" Yujin tried to change the subject.

"Tomorrow. We will have a dinner outside because we'll be meeting my friend's family."

"Alright Mom. I think I should rest already. I'll see you tomorrow. Good night." Yujin said as she went to her room.

**
Yujin woke up with Wonyoung seated on her chair.

"Good morning, traitor."

"Oh gosh, you scared me! Why are you here?"

"Didn't Ryujin told you that you need to prepare for some explanation?"

"We didn't talked yesterday. I kinda arrived here late last night. My mom just arrived."

"Oh no. I mean no offense, Yujin. I would like Auntie to be here, but knowing her involvement with the drug, I'm a bit scared of her." Wonyoung said as she laughed nervously.

"I get you, Wonyoung. Apparently, my mom is letting Ryujin stay here for the time being. She needed a place to stay, and since I'll be leaving after the school year while Oppa will be leaving next month, she can get the place."

"Wow. You guys are like running away from a crime. Just kidding hehe. Well, how was she?" Wonyoung asked.

Ever since talking with the girl, she can't stop thinking about her. After the night where Ryujin promised to show the real her, Wonyoung was excited to see and to know her more. She booked a flight back to Korea as soon as she finished fixing her papers.

"I think, Ryujin is not a bad person."

Wonyoung smiled upon hearing those words.

"I knew it!!" she excitedly said.

"What do you mean?"

Confusion rose in Yujin's face.

Wonyoung just realized what she said.

"Oh. I thought that she maybe a good person, and your mom is low-key using her."

Wonyoung sighed because she managed to get away from further suspicions. Her bestfriend must not know that she's having a good feeling with her "enemy".

"I also thought the same. Before my mom arrived here, she was so nice and goofy. We kinda joke around, and I learned a lot of stuff about her. However, when my mom a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter