SACRIFICE

GAME CHANGER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin hid behind a tree as she observe her brother smiling dearly at the girl. She can't clearly see the girl's face, but she's sure it's not Minjoo. Her heart hurts because she can't believe that her brother will hurt other people's feelings. Maybe Yujin do not really know Matthew. She's disappointed and angry. She can't believe that Matthew is going to hurt Minjoo in the future. She feels like she can't trust his brother now.

 

As Matthew went inside, Yujin waited 5 minutes before entering their house.

 

"Welcome home, Yujinie!" Matthew greeted the girl with a smile

 

Yujin did not greeted the other boy back. She went straight to her room with her box of chocolate. She lay down and she got a message from her friend.

 

"Thank you for today, Yujiniie. I hope we can do this again :)."

 

Reading the message made her heart pound. It's funny because she knew that she's falling harder for the other girl.

 

"Thank you too, Minguri. You made me very happy :)." Yujin replied.

 

"I must protect this girl" Yujin thought.

 

Meanwhile at Minjoo and Eunbi's residence,

 

After hearing the girl confessed, Eunbi was so happy to hear it. Finally, after so long, Minjoo learned to love again. But she can't help to be worried that Minjoo might be hurt again. After her ex cheated on her, Minjoo's life became so different.

 

"Minjoo-yah. I am happy for you!"

 

"But unnie, I don't know if she likes me back."

 

Eunbi thought that there might be a chance of Minjoo getting hurt if she knew Yujin does not like her too.

 

"Just take things slow, my dear. There is no need to rush things up."

 

"Okay, unnie."

 

At Ahn's household

 

It was weird for Matthew to see his sister treating him coldy. He feels like Yujin is a totally different person. He was surprised when the girl started speaking,

 

"Are you going to meet Minjoo today?"

 

"Yep." Matthew answered

 

"I'll come with you."

 

"But why?"

 

"To protect her from you" Yujin answered but the guy did not heard it clearly.

 

"To what?"

 

"Nothing, I just need to buy some materials for school. And you know, Minjoo and I are close friends so I want to see her too." Yujin answered.

 

Matthew knew Yujin is acting weird but he don't have any idea why she is acting this way. Also, it was surprising to hear that Minjoo and Yujin are now close friends. He can feel his conscience guilt-tripping him. But what can he do? Nothing.

 

Mathew texted Minjoo to let her know that Yujin will be coming with them.

 

"Minjoo, sorry for the late notice but Yujin is coming with us :). She told me you're close friends so I hope you don't mind."

 

"Yaaaaay! I don't mind!"

 

A lot of weird things are happening lately, because this is the first time Minjoo replied quickly to Matthew.

 

Yujin was preparing herself and she started thinking why would her brother pursue Minjoo if he's in love with someone else? The girl knew that Matthew is not the type of boy that plays at girls' heart. She's not sure about everything. The only thing she's sure about is she can't trust her brother.

 

 

Yujin read a text from Minjoo

"Yujiniie! I heard you're coming with us! Can't wait to see you :)."

 

Yujin is ready to protect this girl from her brother. She replied

"Can't wait to see you too! :)"

 

After replying to Minjoo, she saw a familiar calling card on her table. She suddenly remembered the question Sakura asked her that day,

 

"What if he is not really the person you know?"

"Sakura-unnie knew something." Yujin thought.

 

She quickly grabbed the calling card and dialed the number. When the other line answered, Yujin said:

 

"Hello, Kkura-unnie. This is Yujin. I think we need to talk."

 

"Hi, Yujin-shi. You have no idea how long I waited for your call."

 

"Let's meet tomorrow? At the café near at school."

 

"Okay Yujin. See you."

 

The call ended and Yujin sighed because she have no idea who to trust.

 

Outside the museum

 

Matthew and Yujin waited for Minjoo to arrive. It was an awkward atmosphere because they are not talking to each other. After a few minutes, Minjoo arrived happily and Matthew observed that his sister's expression lighten up.

 

"Hello, Yujiniie!!" Minjoo shouted as she run towards the other girl and Yujin was surprised when Minjoo hugged her

 

"I miss you."

 

Yujin's heart was so happy to hear those words from the other girl. She replied,

 

"I miss you too."

 

During the whole museum trip, Matthew felt like he is becoming the third-wheel of their date. He can feel Yujin distancing Minjoo away from him. He observed the other girl and saw that Minjoo is so happy with Yujin. He thinks that Minjoo already forgot that she is with him. And he realized that of all the dates that Minjoo and him made, this date is the only day when he saw Minjoo the happiest.

 

"Thank you for today to the both of you." Minjoo happily stated.

 

"You're always welcome, Minjoo." Matthew stated.

 

Both went on their separate ways. The Ahn's siblings are on their way home. Matthew can't handle the way Yujin is treating him.

 

"Jinjin, do you have any problems? I feel like you're so distant nowadays."

 

"Nothing. I'm just exhausted about everything." the younger replied

 

"If you have any problems, you can always talk to me. You can trust me okay?"

 

Yujin did not replied.

 

"Trust, huh?" Yujin thought.

 

The next day...

 

Yujin is waiting for someone in the café. After a few minutes, a familiar car parked and she saw a familiar girl walking towards the café.

 

"Hello, Yujin-shi." Sakura smilingly greeted

 

"Hello, Kkura unnie."

 

"What do you want to talk about?"

 

"I think you're right. I don't really know my brother."

 

"Why do you say so?" the older asked.

 

"I saw my brother kissing someone else. She's not Minjoo."

 

Sakura felt so uneasy. She stopped mixing her drink and she smiled at the younger girl.

 

"Yaaah. I didn't know Matthew will be a playboy. Hahaha."

 

"What I don't really understand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter