UNSAID MEMORIES

GAME CHANGER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since Sakura saw Chaeyeon in the coffee shop, she can't stop thinking about the other girl. There is this guilt inside her that she needs to resolve. Also, after hearing from Minjoo that her friends' lives are at stake, it stresses the girl even more.

It was morning, and she's in the same café where she saw her ex-bestfriend.

"Yujin and Wonyoung are probably back in Korea now. Why do I keep messing up?" Sakura thought while holding her temples.

"What's with that face?" a girl suddenly spoke to her.

Sakura lift her head and saw Chaeyeon who is smiling at her.

"Mind if I take that seat?"

Sakura only nodded.

"What's with your face, by the way? Is your dad stressing you out?" Chaeyeon asked.

Sakura saw how concern the other girl is.

She sighed.

"Things are pretty messy right now."

"I heard your father is going to conquer Canada. Good for your family." 

"Yeeep. Thanks." Sakura took a sip of her coffee.

Chaeyeon knows that the stress of Sakura is not from the company work, but something deeper.

Flashback

She knew her since birth. They literally grew up together. One day, she was surprised that Sakura can't remember some of their memories together. Suddenly, Sakura became distant from her. 

Chaeyeon witnessed how Sakura and Minjoo became a couple, and Sakura asked her to keep it from their families since she don't want her dad to know about it. It gave her the hope that it's an opportunity to be friends with the other girl again. After all, Sakura is her first love. She listened to every rants, stories, and everything. She made sure that she'll be there for Sakura.

She was busy studying for SATs. Her dad made sure that she won't be slacking off since she's aiming to study in Harvard. Her phone, laptop, and other gadgets were confiscated. She's only allowed to use it after dinner. Sakura knew about it, and they talk every night about their dreams, and it hurts her when Sakura is including Minjoo in her future.

One day, while she was studying, her door opened and saw Sakura, angry and sad. She kept blaming her for something she don't even understand. It's difficult to explain yourself when you don't even know the thing that you did. When she dropped the bomb about her father, she knew their fathers did something to her. Yes, Lee's company was shaky during that time, but she didn't expect that it will be the cause of the downfall of their relationship.

"Wait. Why are you talking about my father? Do you realize how rude you are right now?"

"WOW. YOU'RE NOW CALLING ME RUDE? TELL ME HOW MUCH MY FATHER PAID YOUR FAMILY FOR YOU TO BE MY FIANCEE?"

Chaeyeon heard the word fiancee, and she don't remember agreeing to be Sakura's fiancee.

"What do you mean by fiancee?" Chaeyeon asked her again.

"DON'T BE STUPID CHAEYEON. MI--MINJOO BROKE UP WITH ME BECAUSE MY FATHER TOLD HER I'M ENGAGED WITH YOU." 

As Sakura started to cry out loud, tears also fell down from her eyes. She don't even have the intention to hurt her.

"IT WAS ALL OVER THE NEWS. I TOLD MY DAD TO TELL MINJOO IT WAS A LIE, BUT HE DON'T WANT IT. NOW, I FEEL SO ANGRY BECAUSE YOU WERE PART OF THIS. I AM SO ANGRY."

Chaeyeon wants to explain. However, she don't know how, because she's also a victim here. She needs to know the truth to explain her side. She tried to hug her, but her bestfriend stepped back.

"I hate you, Lee Chaeyeon. I'll make sure this engagement and marriage will not push through. You're not my friend anymore. The moment you agreed on this, you already turned your back at me."

She went out before hearing the other girl out.

"I did not know."

End of flashback

Sakura snapped her fingers in front of Chaeyeon since she was spacing out.

"What are you thinking about?" she asked.

"Nothing." she lied.

Chaeyeon tried changing the topic.

"Why are you here by the way? And why are you hiding?" Chaeyeon asked.

Sakura sighed. Again.

She explained to her the situation. The girl was surprised how she opened it up to her knowing that Chaeyeon betrayed her (from Sakura's POV).

"Wait. Damn. I can't even pick every detail up." 

It's true. There's a lot of people involved. And she can't understand it. However, hearing the story of Yujin and Minjoo's memory lost 8 years ago, made her remember something familiar. Sakura also lost some of her memories, exactly 8 years ago.

"It's okay. You don't need to know every detail. The more you know, the more you're closer to death." Sakura replied.

"What do you mean?"

"My dad is threatening my friends' lives."

That's it. The source of Sakura's stress.

"What does he wants?" I asked.

"He wants us to stop the investigation. And he wants me to marry Minjoo."

"WHAT? I thought he didn't liked Minjoo?"

"Yeah. He told me, it's a gift for me, if I stopped the investigation.  I mean, we can stop it, but I don't understand why I must marry Minjoo? I don't want to force her, when she's in love with Yujin."

"That's tough bro." 

Sakura chuckled.

"Yes, it is."

It was lunch time already. Chaeyeon don't want to end this day without explaining her side to Sakura.

"Want to grab lunch with me? At times like this, all you need is a friend."

Sakura hummed, acting like she's thinking about it.

"Alright. Let's go!"

They grabbed some sushi for lunch.

"Damn, I'm so hungry." Sakura blurted while eating her food.

Chaeyeon laughed.

"Let's eat well, Kkura-yah."

Sakura froze the moment she heard Chaeyeon saying her nickname. Her heart started to beat fast, and blood rushed into her cheeks. The next thing she knows, she was choking.

Everyone in the store panicked as the Japanese girl was choking. Fortunately, Chaeyeon learned how to do first aid in her university. She quickly went to the girl's back, and hugged it real tight as she s Sakura's abdomen. After five s, Sakura managed to dislodged the blockage, which is a roll of rice.

Everyone clapped at Chaeyeon's quick response, and went back to their own businesses.

"Yah! You scared me to death! Can you eat slowly?" Chaeyeon said as she hit the other girl.

"I'm sorry! I was not aware that I swallowed the sushi without chewing it first." Sakura replied.

Chaeyeon can't stop her laughter. It was the type of laugh that will also make you laugh. Sakura missed it. It's been a long time since she heard it last.

"Thank you. You saved my life, and I owe you one." Sakura smiled.

They had a great lunch. It was full of catching up, laughter, and surprises. 

Chaeyeon finally got the whole story about the Drug XXX (which they both don't know what it is all about), and Sakura was involved in that case too. Again, they both don't know how and why she was involved.

"How come you don't know anything about it?" Chaeyeon asked.

"I don't know too. Nako is not giving me any updates."

"But, it's tough for Yujin and Minjoo too. I mean they were separated, and they met again. Their meeting changed their individual lives. I have some concern about that experiment." Chaeyeon said while finishing her food.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter