VANILLA SKY

GAME CHANGER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback

"Sakura, I want you to meet Hyewon. She'll be staying here for a month while looking for her place to stay. She lost her father recently."

Sakura observed the other girl. She have a long hair, puffy eyes (maybe because of crying), and she's really thin. 

"Nice to meet you, Hyewon-ssi." Sakura smiled.

"Nice to meet you too, Sakura." a sad smile formed in the girl's lips.

"Sakura, this girl is extremely smart. She may be younger than you, but she almost skipped elementary due to her high IQ. I'll be shouldering her expenses, so you should be kind to her."

"She's a GENIUS!! What's your secret?" Sakura asked.

Mr. Miyawaki chuckled and patted Hyewon's head.

"You better be like her, Kkura-yah."

End of flashback

 

"That's the first time I met Hyewon. She stayed in the house for one month, then she moved out near to the special school for geniuses like her. She became a teacher when I was a sophomore in school, and became the principal after a year. After her one month stay, we weren't able to bond and talk." Sakura explained.

They are now driving to Seoul, and are planning to stay at Nako's place to rest. Nako is driving, while the couple is sitting at the back side of the car. Chaeyeon is sleeping, and it gave Sakura the opportunity to talk about her relationship with Hyewon.

"Did you found out that your father adopted her during her 1 month of stay?" Nako asked.

"I really had a hint that my father possibly adopted her. He always looked up to her like a daughter, but I didn't asked him about it. I thought maybe I'm just overreacting. I just confirmed that she's my adopted sister after the farewell party of Yena. We sort of talked on why she's being so distant with me even if we knew each other for a long time." 

"Did she tell you?"

"Of course not. She just told me that it's only professional to keep distance with her student. I got pissed at her to be honest."

"So, how did you know this?"

"I got pissed at her and I got to her nerves. She looked at me coldly and told me to ask my father why she's being so distant to me. 

She's very scary, but I can see the sadness in her eyes. During that confrontation, my father called me to meet him. I went to his office, and argued about Minjoo. I rushed out because of anger, and before I went out of the house, I saw a paper in my study table. It was the adoption paper of Hyewon with the note that if I keep screwing things up, Hyewon would legally take everything from me. 

With that, I even got more pissed at her. That's why I left for good. I went to Japan instead of Canada because my dad keeps on reminding me how it is easy for him to throw me out since he already have Hyewon."

"But, how can you act so casual to her despite of that?" Nako asked.

"Because I know Hyewon is not like my dad. I just enjoyed observing her from a far, on how she's willing to give justice to Minjoo, Yujin, and I. She was never mean to me. I know for myself that she's a good person. I kept acting like she's not my sister, but I really enjoyed the fact that we're in the same page in bringing the old man down. You told me stories about her, and I appreciate you for that. It's just that--"

Sakura paused as she's trying to stop her tears from falling.

"I wasn't able to protect her as a sister. I've been too coward to tell her the truth. Now, it's too late. She's gone. I wasn't able to know if she really wanted me as her sister."

Nako felt the frustration from the other girl. She just learned that Sakura knew about this all along.

"Trust me, she really really love to tell you the truth. However, Mr. Miyawaki told her not to tell it because he's afraid that the both of you will turn your backs to him. Hyewon is really looking forward to end Mr. Miyawaki and to settle things with you." Nako explained.

"You also knew about this, and yet you didn't tell me." Sakura chuckled lightly.

"I need to protect you both, you know. It's not an easy thing to do." Nako said while scratching her nape.

"I know, Nako. Thank you for protecting my sister." Sakura patted Nako's head.

"So what now?" Nako asked.

"Let's just rest first. I already texted dad, but he told me that he's in Canada finalizing some office works. You know, it makes me angry that he's acting like he didn't kill someone. Especially when it's his own daughter. So tell me what I missed." 

"Let's discuss it in my apartment." Nako replied while parking her car to the compound's parking area.

**

"Tell me, how did you two--" Nako asked while preparing snacks in the table.

"During my stay in Japan, Chaeyeon helped me discover myself." Sakura explained.

"Discover what?"

"Tell me, Nako, what is the drug all about?"

The smaller girl felt nervous, but she know nothing will happen if she'll keep on hiding everything from Sakura.

"You're the last person who received the drug. It's a cure for homouality. It worked on you because you forgot you're in love with--"

"Chaeyeon" Sakura ended.

"EHHH? Chaeyeon is your first love?" Nako surprisingly asked.

"What's with that reaction? I knew something was wrong with her after being gone for a week when she took that drug." Chaeyeon replied.

"It's just that Minjoo and Yujin received the defective drug that made them lose their memories. Mr. Miyawaki personally asked Mrs. Ahn and Mrs. Honda to create a drug that will make you straight. It worked, but you became in love with Minjoo after some years."

"Wow. It's a small world." Sakura held her temples because it's getting more and more interesting.

"When are we going to meet them?" Sakura asked.

"After with what happened to Hyewon, we decided not to meet for the mean time, because we are worried with everyone's safety."

"Does that make me involved here as well?" Chaeyeon asked.

"We're gonna make sure that he will never know about this." Sakura assured the other girl, and kissed Chaeyeon's forehead.

"Yikes. Don't tell me you guys are---" 

"Yes, Nako. We're dating. We're back together. That's why I can't let father marry me to Minjoo."

"Now that we have the whole story, aren't we going to sue Mr. Miyawaki?" Chaeyeon asked.

"We don't have a heavy evidence. Only the picture sent by Minjoo, however it doesn't show that Mr. Miyawaki shot Hyewon. By the way, Minjoo also told us that there is a new version of Homocure. I believe your father and Mrs. Ahn is working it in Canada. He almost tried it to Hyewon in exchange of Eunbi's life. Mr. Miyawaki asked Hyewon to work for him."

Sakura clicked her tongue.

"That evil man."

"Without any strong evidence, we cannot sue Mr. Miyawaki. That's why Eunbi is pretty devastated because Hyewon was her first love. For the mean time, Mrs. Park is staying with them. I suggested that we should take this issue low-key, and act whenever Mr. Miyawaki acts." Nako explained.

"Why does that old man keeps on messing up with everyone's first love? It's crazy?" Chaeyeon asked.

Sakura and Nako only laughed as their response.

**

It's been two months since Hyewon died, surprisingly, Mr. Miyawaki is not bothering the whole group. 

Eunbi took a break from school and decided to come back after 2 months. She wore Hyewon's necklace, and went to her class. School is almost ending, and she's planning to resign after this school year. 

"Ms. Kwon, it's a surprise that you're going to leave us. However, I wish you luck in your next journey. I'm sorry for your lost." Ms. Minatozaki hugged Eunbi.

Ms. Minatozaki is the new school principal, and Eunbi has no negative reaction about it. Sana is kind, jolly, and student-friendly.

"Thank you for understanding, Ms. Minatozaki." Eunbi smiled as she held Hyewon's necklace.

"By the way, can you please distribute this in your class. It is the admission letter from KAIST. Apparently, 10 of your students got in. Congratulations." Ms. Minatozaki gave the envelopes to Eunbi.

"I will, Ma'am. Thank you."

Eunbi is walking to her classroom, and decided to see the names of those who passed.

"Yeji, Chaeryoung, Hyunjin, Seungmin, Wonyoung, --"

"Wow, I didn't expect Wonyoung would apply in KAIST." Eunbi thought. 

She reached her classroom, and everyone became quiet. It's been 2 months since she last saw her students.

"Ms. Kwoooon!!! We missed youuu!" Haeyoon shouted.

The whole class shouted with excitement.

Wonyoung was glad to see that Eunbi is back. She can imagine the pain that the older girl is experiencing. She's happy that her homeroom teacher is trying. Eunbi looked at her, and the younger girl smiled.

"Okay, enough with all those noise. I have some few announcements. All of you guys will be a university student next year. I am beyond happy to announce that 10 lucky students made it to KAIST."

"10?? OUT OF 30 STUDENTS?" Chaerin asked.

"Well, KAIST have a pretty high standard. I hope everyone is already decided with your future plans. I really really want you guys to have a great future."

"Ms. Kwon, why do I feel you're gonna leave us?" Soobin asked.

"You guys are going to leave remember? You're all gonna go to college. Let's make the last 3 months memorable okay? Anyway, these are the passers"

Eunbi realized that Yujin was staring at her as if her life depends on the envelopes that she's holding.

"Yeji, Chaeryoung, Hyunjin, Seungmin, and Wonyoung."

Wonyoung was shocked to hear that she passed. The reason why she applied was to follow Yujin, but with the relationship they had, she knows it's better to reach the dreams she really loves. She already passed the admission in Amsterdam Fashion University, and her mom is working on her papers already.

"For the next 5 students, they are Yujin, Jinsol, Seoho, Yohan, and Minhee. Congratulations!"

As Yujin heard her name, she quickly went in front to get her admission letter. Finally, her mom wil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter