CHANGE OF HEART

GAME CHANGER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wait, Ahn Yujin? But why?" Ryujin felt uneasy with the researcher's request. This is too much. She's happy because her research was made into reality, but if she'll try this to her friend, that's a different thing.

"I know it's too much to process. I'm just giving you a heads-up. Just make sure, you'll be able to do it before Yujin goes to Netherlands." Mrs. Ahn said as she kept the drug back to the suitcase.

"May I know why? What if there are some complications? Can I see the whole component of the drug?" 

Mrs. Ahn stared at the other girl as if she's considering to answer her questions.

"Yujin and Wonyoung just broke up. I want her to forget about it, so that it won't affect her studies. With the complications, as long as there's a consent from her, you won't get in trouble. Since Yujin is not 21 yet, a parent's consent will do. For the drug's components, I need you to earn it."

Ryujin was confused. She's so tired with all the brain games that the older woman is playing.

"I want you to find out why Yujin and Wonyoung broke up."

**

Ryujin is on her way to school when she saw her favorite person walking. She ran towards the girl and pulled her backpack to turn her around and face her.

"Good morning, Wonnie" Ryujin smiled.

The girl was flustered because of the close proximity of their faces.

"Go--good morning, Ryu." the girl replied as she quickly turned around and continued to walk.

Ryujin chuckled to see Wonyoung shy and blushing. 

"Wait for me, Wonnie!" she said as she walked towards the tall girl.

**

"So, why are you not with Yujin?" Ryujin asked as she sat on the vacant seat beside Wonyoung.

"Oh, she needed to go somewhere before going to school."

Ryujin hummed. She's thinking about asking Wonyoung about her relationship with Yujin. But she don't know if it's the right time.

"I see. How's your weekend?" Ryujin asked instead since she don't want to end their conversation.

"Ryu, we just saw each other yesterday. At the family dinner, remember?"

"Ohh, it was just yesterday? Did you had a great night? You looked a bit odd last night."

Wonyoung realized that she was really y last night.

"The dinner is fine. I'm just not in the mood to you know, meet new people."

"But, there's only one new person, Lia."

"Oh God, I hate that name." Wonyoung thought.

"Yeah, but she's so talkative and noisy. She's like an equivalent of 5 people." Wonyoung said 

"I agree with you. I didn't expect her to be like that." the pink-haired girl chuckled.

"What did you felt after seeing her?"

Ryujin puts her hand on her chin like she always do whenever she's thinking.

"I felt happy. She's my close friend. Back in elementary, I was a very shy girl, and she initiated talking to me."

"Do---do you still like her?"

Wonyoung was astounded with her question.

"Woah. It feels like you're interviewing me."

"You don't need to answer it if it makes you uncomfortable." the girl pouted.

"No, I don't like her anymore."

"I see. Well, that's good. I don't want her noisy around you."

Wonyoung said as she lay her head on the bus's window with a smile on her face. Hearing those words made her heart feel at ease.

**

Meanwhile, Yujin is eating her breakfast with her girlfriend. They decided to meet every morning before going to their own classes, and every afternoon once their classes ended.

"Minmin, are we going to keep it to our friends?" the girl asked as she bites her burger.

"Nah. We can tell them when we meet them. There's nothing to hide right? Aigoo. You're such a messy eater." Minjoo wiped the crumbs from her girlfriend's cheeks.

"What if Mr. Miyawaki or my mom knew about us? It'll be pretty messy."

"Yujin, we're going to tell it to our friends, but we're going to be careful. We'll work this out, okay?"

"I'm so happy to have you." Yujin held Minjoo's hand as if it's the most precious thing in the world.

"I love you, Jinjin."

"I love you too, Minmin."

**

"Okay class, one final announcement, the deadline of the KAIST enrollment is on Thursday. If you haven't fixed your requirements yet, please go to the registrar."

Eunbi announced as she dismissed her class. She noticed how Yujin is acting so shy around her, just like how Minjoo whenever they are in the house. She knew something's fishy is happening between them.

"Ms. Ahn, can you stay for a while?"

Yujin just nodded and told Wonyoung not to wait for her.

"How are you?" the teacher asked.

"I'm good. My mom and dad is in Korea."

Eunbi felt the anxiety eating her system again. Why is Mrs. Ahn back? Are they gonna bother then again?

"Oh--oh I see, that's nice to--."

"No, Ms. Kwon. Even I am scared of my mom. I don't know if the man is back too." Yujin didn't let her finish because she knew that her mom's return will only bring panic to everyone.

"I--I haven't really moved on from Hyewon's death. I can still see her even I close my eyes."

She saw how the teacher is struggling to move on. The young girl only offered Eunbi her a sad smile, her handkerchief, and her hope that she could overcome this situation. After all, the only way to end grief was to go through it.

**

Wonyoung is walking towards the school gate when she saw Ryujin sitting on the chair.

"Waiting for someone?" the taller girl asked.

"Yeah, you." Ryujin answered as she points her finger at the girl.

"Waeyo? (Why?). I don't have time to entertain you. I'll be going home now." Wonyoung rolled her eyes, but deep inside she's waiting for the other girl to go home with her.

"I waited for you so we could go home together." Ryujin showed her contagious smile that makes Wonyoung smile back.

"Whatever, Ryu." Wonyoung started walking and Ryujin followed her.

Before heading to the bus stop, they decided to go to a shopping district near the school. They were eating their ice cream when they passed by a vacant piano in the middle of the activity area. Wonyoung was surprised that Ryujin walked towards the piano, as if she's going to perform.

"Ryujin-ah, you know how to play the piano?" Wonyoung asked as she sat beside the girl.

Ryujin started playing the piano, and sang:

"Baby I'm falling head over heels
Looking for ways to let you know just how I feel
I wish I was holding you by my side
I wouldn't change a thing 'cause finally it's real"

Wonyoung saw that people started to come towards the activity center to watch her friend perform. Ryujin got a low-registered voice, and the song choice really suit her.

"You're the right time at the right moment
You're the sunlight, keeps my heart going
Oh, know when I'm with you, I can't keep myself from falling
Right time at the right moment
It's you
You, it's you
You, it's you"

"You really like seekin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter