PAY FOR IT

GAME CHANGER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonyoung saw Minjoo, Yena, and Chaeyeon on the waiting area. She saw how tired they look, especially Minjoo.

"Why didn't you tell me? You could've called me." Wonyoung asked as tears fell instantly.

"Chaeyeon just called me this morning. We panicked and went straight here. We just called Eunbi unnie to tell you this." Yena explained.

"How's Yujin?" 

"The doctor said that she's going to be fine." Chaeyon answered.

"How about Ryujin?"

Wonyoung nervously asked. Eunbi told her that Ryujin is in its critical condition.

"My doctor friend told me that Ryujin's condition is not getting better." Chaeyeon answered.

"What exactly happened to the both of them?" Wonyoung asked as she sat beside Minjoo.

"So, I was visiting my friend when I saw Mrs. Ahn talking to the nurse looking so worried. My friend turns out to be the doctor of Yujin and Ryujin. She told me that Yujin took a large dosage of sleeping pill while an unknown chemical was found in Ryujin system. We assumed that it's the Homocure because Mrs. Ahn wants to keep everything in private."

Wonyoung was confused. Why would Ryujin do that? Does that mean that Ryujin is helping them?

"Pabo ryujin-ah. You could've told me." Wonyoung thought as tears starting to drop again.

Wonyoung sighed and closed her eyes. Every thing seemed to be blurry. Is it because of hunger? Because of crying too much? No one knows.

"Chae, Yujin is now awake." said the doctor. 

Wonyoung opened her eyes and saw a doctor smiling at them.

"Really? Can we go in? How was she?" Minjoo asked.

Wonyoung can see the hope sparked on everyone's eyes.

"Her mom told me not to let anyone in. I can assure you she's fine." the doctor said.

"Can she remember anything?" Wonyoung asked.

"One side effects of sleeping pills is lost of memory. She may not remember what happened last night."

"Can't we really check on her?" Minjoo asked.

"Sorry, but i need to follow her mother's order. She must not know you guys already know Yujin and Ryujin's conditions." the doctor said.

"How's Ryujin?" Wonyoung asked.

"She's under monitoring. I already transferred the case to my supervisor." 

***

"Take this. It's either me or you, Yujin."

As she opened her eyes, everything is white. She saw tubes attached to her arm and she realized that she's in the hospital. She saw the doctor checking her vitals, and their eyes met.

"You're awake again!" the doctor cheered.

"Why am I here?" Yujin asked.

"Tough question. You should be the one answering that question." the doctor chuckled.

Yujin felt her head getting heavy.

"You should rest some more. Let's talk when you're stable."

"Wait. Where's Ryujin?"

The doctor was shocked to hear the question. She smiled and said:

"She's alright. Don't worry."

***

Everyone went back home from the hospital. They followed the doctor's orders not to visit Ryujin and Yujin since Mrs. Ahn don't want anyone to know about what happened.

Minjoo sighed as she lay down on her bed. She's glad that Yujin already woke up but somehow she can't feel at ease because she have no idea what's going to happen next.

A knock was heard from the door, and she assumed that it's her sister.

"What is it?"

The door opened and saw Eunbi looking at her with full of worries.

"I--I just want to check on you. How's Yujin? I'm sorry I didn't come to the hospital. I was very busy with all the graduation stuff." the older woman explained as she enter and sat on her sister's bed.

"Yujin already woke up but we still can't visit her. Things are getting better between us and this thing happened. What did we do to suffer like this?" Minjoo sadly said.

Eunbi only gave her sister a hug. She knew the feeling of losing someone, and she can't let Minjoo feel the same thing.

"Minju-yah"

"Unnie?"

"Let's fight them back."

***

Wonyoung silently plays with her dinner because of what happened. Her mom keeps on talking about her flight next week and how she should start packing her things. All she replied was a small smile and a nod.

"Honey, are you listening? Are you alright?"

"Yep. I'm just having a tough day."

"Come on, I know you're worried about Ryujin."

The girl's eyes widen after hearing that name.

"You--know?"

"I should not be telling you this, but yes I am the doctor of Shin Ryujin."

In that instant, Wonyoung started to cry out loud. She was not able to do this in the hospital because it's too childish.

"How is she? Is she getting better?"

"To be honest, we saw interesting chemicals working in her body. There's too much Benzodiazephine in her blood and it's not good. It could lead to brain damage. However, there is also a Romazicon in her blood. I don't know how will her body react to these powerful chemical."

"Ro-- wait. Oh my God. Ryujin."

Wonyoung quickly grabbed her phone to call Hitomi.

"Unnie, can I go to your house?"

***

"Wonyo-ah. Why are you here this late?" Hitomi asked as she open the door.

"Is your mom here?"

"Yep, she's in the laboratory. Why?"

"Yujin and Ryujin is in the hospital. Ryujin took the homocure and she also might took the "counter" drug."

"Wait-- slow down. Yujin and Ryujin is in the hospital?"

"Yes, please take me to your mom. She might know the answer."

Wonyoung told Mrs. Honda about the incident and the chemicals present in Ryujin's body. On the other hand, the scientist told them about Ryujin and the counter drug that they made.

"It's not impossible that Ryujin took both drugs. To be honest, we don't know the effect of it unless it was tested. Ryujin is the first taker, and I hope her body can handle it well."

"What should we do?" 

"I am sorry, Wonyoung-ssi. All we can do is wait."

"Mom, can't we make another drug to help Ryujin?"

"Her body might not handle too much chemicals. Those two are already strong enough."

"Can't we file a case against Mrs. Ahn?" Hitomi asked.

She might be a small walking bread, but she's so pissed how an adult could play them like a chess piece.

"Hmmm. Actually we could. We have evidence that Homocure have the illegal amount of Benzodiazephine. We should work on that slowly." Mrs. Honda replied.

"We might have a slight problem." Wonyoung said.

"We need Ryujin to remember that Mrs. Ahn instructed her to give the dru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter