Ch. 35

Stockholm Syndrome

Jimin left early allowing both officers to drop me off at my new house. On the way home, Jin bought some tea for my empty kitchen cabinets... And I knew they were going to talk about what I said at the hospital. 

"Lovers?" 

Was the first thing Namjoon asked when I had walked in. His stance was that of a father's. 

I felt my cheeks go red and I covered my face. "Not exactly...." I muttered in embarrassment. "I love him like a brother." I quickly retorted unaware of how they'd react to me having another ual orientation. 

"Cut the crap." Jin spoke up. I was startled by his outburst, considerig he was usually calm and collected. He was good cop, but I guess I starting to get on his nerves. Even Namjoon raised his eyebrows in surprise. 

Jin pulled out a small device from his pocket setting on the table that separated us and with the push of a button I heard Tae's voice loud and clear. 

"When I saw Jungkook for the first time... I admit, I was obsessed. He was just so small and frail... And Innocent." 

"So what's your relationship with him?" Namjoon was asking the questions. 

A long pause was heard, and Tae took in a breath. "Can't lie now huh? I love him, as a man, I love him." He laughed. "I think he loves me too." 

I closed my eyes and sighed. Why the would Taehyung tell them that? 

"Did you kidnap the boy? Against his will?" 

Another pause. 

"I did." 

Jin picked up the recording device pausing the conversation and I bit the inside of my cheek, pissed at Tae. 

"Its over, and he's paying for his crime. You're lucky we didn't add ual with a minor." 

I rolled my eyes. "So targeting Taehyung does what? You both should be after Yoongi anyways." 

They looked at each other and my eye twitched, annoyed with their secrets. 

"What?" I demanded. 

"Yoongi fled Korea, we can't locate him. Every trace gone... He took everything with him, left the shipping company too Taehyung and your parents within a week." 

My mouth dropped open. "H- he disappeared?"

They nodded. "Off the grid. We needed to solve at least one case." 

A loud sharp whistle blew in the air and Jin went to tend to the tea. It was very difficult to wrap around my mind. A man that I saw every day for almost a whole year had turned out to be someone completely different to merely a memory in seconds. 

"Do you think he'll come back?" I asked wrapping my fingers around the mug. 

Silence. 

"He probably will. Either for you or Taehyung. Is there anything else you could tell us?" 

I thought about how my parents were involved in all this. How Taehyung and Yoongi murdered each others men. The thought of Tae ending someone's life is a high terrifying thought that sent chills running down my spine. Instead I shook my head. "No officer." 

Officer Namjoon gave me a smile. "Call me Joon."