Late

Yulyen oneshots.

 

 

 

"Yaaaaah Choi Yena!! You are late again!" Her bestfriend—Yujin whined as she open the gate.

 

 

 

 

 

"Sorry I overslept. Is Yuri already there?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You are only the one who is not here. C'mon Let's get inside."

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Finally!! Yena is here." Chaeyeon shouted. 

 

 

 

 

 

"You sleep late last night because of your game don't you?" Yuri—her girlfriend scold her. Yena let a cute smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hehe" Yuri pinch Yena's side.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"If you ever sleep late again, I'll never talk to you again." Yena lean in to kiss Yuri's cheeks. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ey, I doubt you won't talk to me." They both chuckles then Yuri hugged the older. 

 

 

 

 

 

"It's too early for you two go lovey dovey." Chaewon rolled her eyes. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Get yourself a girlfriend too if you envy me" Yena stick her tongue out. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Don't be like that to our birthday girl." Yujin said and they laughed. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"C'mon Let's celebrate Chaewon' birthday." They gather at the dining area a wish Chaewon a Happy Birthday. 

 

 

 

 

— — — 

 

 

 

 

"Where's Yena?" Eunbi asked.

 

 

 

 

 

"I've been contacting her she's not answering." Yujin said. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"That duck. It's our graduation day but still she's late." Yuri sighed as she also not getting any reply from Yena. 

 

 

 

 

 

"You know Yena. She's always late." Hyewon chuckles.

 

 

 

 

 

"Students the march will start in five minutes." The teachers said to their students. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yuriiii" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Finally! You are here." Yuri utter as she look at her girlfriend who's panting so hard after running. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What took you so long? Did you slept late last night again?" Yena shakes her head.

 

 

 

 

 

"No! Just something came up yeah.. hehe" Yena smiled. 

 

 

 

 

 

— — — 

 

 

"Congratulation guyssss!" The oldest in their group said as they group hug. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I never thought I'll be graduating" Yujin utter, they laughed. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Congratulation love~" Yuri greeted her girlfriend as she cupped her cheeks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Congrats to you too Yul~" Yena greeted back then she lean in to kiss the younger. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"PDA PDA PDA" Chaewon shouted that separate the couple from kissing each other.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Nye nye nye" Yena stick her tongue out. 

 

 

 

 

 

"C'mon Let's take a picture." Sakura suggested, They all agree and they assemble.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Maybe this is our last picture together." Yena said as she smile to her friends. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Why you say so?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Coz we're going our separate ways." Yena said as she look at her friends 1 by 1 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ahahah It's not like we're not gonna see each other again." Yujin raffles Yena's hair then she stand beside Yena while Yuri was beside Yena. 

 

 

 

 

— — —

 

 

 

 

"Yenaaa~ It's been 6 months since we saw each other.. I miss youuu. Can we meet this weekend?" Yuri said through their call. 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry.. Work is so busy. But sure I'll make time for you on weekend. Sleepover to my house?" Yena suggested. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yes please" Yuri beamed. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"See you then. I miss you too Yul. Please remember that I love you." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Always." Yena almost choke when she said the last word. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I love you too Yen, I can't wait to see you and hug youuu and pinch your chubby cheeks." Yuri said as she smile. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yul, I have to go. See you on weekend." Yuri hummed. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The call ended, and both of them burst into tears. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri was there. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri was outside of her room. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hospital room to be exact. 

 

 

 

 

— — —  

 

 

 

"Yena?" Yuri pressed the door bell, It doesn't take to long for Yena to open her door. 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri embraced the older as soon as she saw Yena. Yena couldn't help but to smile as she held Yuri and tightly embrace the younger. 

 

 

 

 

Yuri was in tears. 

 

 

 

 

"Hey! It's too early for you to cry. hahah c'mon let's go inside." Yena said, Yuri smile still her arms not leaving Yena's waist. 

 

 

 

 

 

"I just miss you so much love~" Yuri pouted. 

 

 

 

 

 

"I miss you too jjoyuuul. I'm sorry that I couldn't meet you for the passed months." Yena felt sorry, Yuri shakes her head as she cupped the older's cheeks. 

 

 

 

 

 

"I understand. Just keep your attention to me today with that you can make up for the months we didn't see each other." Yena nodded then she kissed the younger lips. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yes ma'am. My attention is fully yours." Yena beamed. 

 

 

 

 

 

They spend their time by watching and eating, they also sleep to get some rest. Yuri  suggested it cause she knew what sickness Yena has. 

 

 

 

 

 

The older parents told her, though Yena doesn't want Yuri to know cause anytime her life may get from her, She can't afford hurting the younger tho It may happen soon. Yuri understand it and just keeping it to herself. 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri doesn't want Yena to know she knows, it may cause a sudden shock and it may risk the older's life.

 

 

 

 

She know Yena don't want her to treat her like she pitied her, or Yuri just spending her time cause she thinks that Yena will die. 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri knows Yena just want her to love her as Yena, not Yena that with sickness. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri was still asleep when Yena woke up. The older watch the younger sleep and trace every inch of Yuri's face. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yena didn't notice that her tears starts to fall down, She held her heart when she felt a chest pain. She calm herself, she can't die in front of her lover. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yena inhale and exhale then she wipes her tears.

 

 

 

 

 

"What's wrong Yena?" Yuri husky voice echoed in the room. 

 

 

 

 

"I'm just happy that I see you again. I don't know when will I see your face again after this." Yena cupped Yuri's cheeks. 

 

 

 

 

Yuri knows what the meaning behind that words, she hold her tears she can't cry. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ey. Stop saying that. We can still videocall each other." Yuri pinch Yena's cheeks, The older chuckles.

 

 

 

 

 

"Right. Why didn't I think of that.." Yena scratch her head. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Before I forgot. Here." Yena get something from her drawer.

 

 

 

 

 

"You said, You like this perfume because it's smell like me. So I will give this to you now." 

 

 

 

 

 

"I thought you don't want to give it to me cause you thought I might get tired of your smell. And I can just hug you and smell you." Yuri hugged the older as she snuggles her head onto the older's neck and sniff her perfume. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Just in case? I might be gone for months again. So if you ever miss me then spray it all over your pillows or blanket with that, It feels like I am just around." Yena said, Yuri can't help but to let out a cry. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Why do I feel like you are breaking up with me?" Yuri pouted, Yena chuckles and peck on the younger lips.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I am not. hahah stop being a cry baby." Yena said as she kissed the younger forehead. 

 

 

 

 

 

"I love you Yul. Always." Yena said as she lean in and they shared kissed that night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

— — — —

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Choi Yena, You really are unfair." Her bestfriend—Yujin said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You are the person in the group that is always late." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"all the places we go you are always late." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"and why are you the one who gone first to heaven?" Yujin can't hold her tears anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After Yujin said that, everyone on the cemetery cried especially their friends.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You've been the best unnie to me. You play with me well. You give me wise advice." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I didn't even know that you were struggling. You still give me a warm smile the last time we saw each other." Yujin wipes her tears, Yujin get something in her pocket and show it. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was their graduation picture. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"It was our graduation picture together." Yujin smiled. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You know what Yena unnie said there." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"She said that maybe it was our last picture together." Yujin shred tears again. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I should have known." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yena unnie.. I told you that even we get older you have to play with me." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Now you don't.. How can I live then?" Yujin cried her heart out, Eunbi assist her to her seat. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri was the last one who will give her speech to Yena before the older goes six feet below. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri stand to where the microphone is, she cleared . Yuri and Yena's parents eyes met, the older's father nodded to her. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yena and I met when we were 18. She was a cheerful person I ever known, She's the one who introduce me to her ten friends." Yuri smiled as she look where her friends are, they nodded and smile back. 

 

 

 

 

 

"It's a funny thing that me, a introvert person is now talkative and it's all because of Yena.." Yuri gulped.

 

 

 

 

 

"But how can I be that talkative girl again if the reason I became like that is g—one." Yuri didn't hold her tears anymore and let it out. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Every moments I spend with you are priceless."

 

 

 

 

 

"I Thank you for making me the happiest girl." 

 

 

 

 

 

"Thank you for making me smile everytime." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Thank you for making me feel that I am the luckiest girl." 

 

 

 

 

 

"Thank you for making me feel loved." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"It's just that our fate play us like this." Yuri just letting her tears falls down.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I hope you find peace." Yuri step backward from the microphone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I love you." Yuri turn to where the older coffin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Always" She kissed the white rose and place it on top.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The ceremony is done, and the older's coffin is already bringing down. All of them can do was to cry, they just let out their feelings. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After the older get buried, other people already left. Only Yuri and their friends are there, Yena's parents hugged Yuri before they left.

 

 

 

 

Seungmin— Yena's brother gave her a paper, Yuri look at Seungmin, Yena's brother nodded and smile before he left. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri's knees gets weaker and she kneeled in front of Yena's burial upon reading the first line of the letter. 

 

 

 

 

 

Yujin keeps on crying beside her, Eunbi is calming Yujin down. The kid adore Yena so much that she feel so much pain .

 

 

 

 

 

 

But no one compares to what pain Yuri's feeling. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dear my love Jjoyul,

 

 

                Hi love. I miss you. I write this in case my life will end later or tomorrow or another tomorrow. I'm writing this since I may not able to say this to you because of course I'm gone hehehe. Don't cry too much okay? I'll be sad too, I'm sorry that my time counted I don't know when will my life end. 

 

 

But I want you to know that You are the only thing that will come to my mind when my time comes. I want you to know that I have smile on my face even I am barely breathing, because I am happy that even my life is limited because I found a reason to keep looking forward to tomorrow without thinking that I will die

 

 

It's you Yul. 

 

 

You keep me alive. 

 

You are the reason I want to live longer.

 

I still want to spend time with you.

 

By the time I'm gone please move on, but don't forget about me. :) 

 

Maybe in our next life, I will spend my time with you for the rest of our lives. 

 

And I'll make sure to find you in our next life. 

 

 

I love you Yul,

 

 

 

 

 

 

Always.

 

 

 

Love, Yena

 

 

 

 

Yuri embrace the letter as she let our her tears. 

 

 

 

 

 

"In our next life.. I'll be waiting for you." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You're my right person.. 

 

 

 

 

 

But 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Your time cut short.

 

 

 

 

 

 

You are my TOTGA.. 

 

 

 

 

 

The one that got away 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

and never coming back.

 

— — —

 

A/N: Sorry for the sudden angst. I'm feeling sad and idk why :( 

 

Keep safe everyone, there's another variant spreading. Take care!