TSR: Chapter 9

Through Strawberries and Raspberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I heard the sound of a mug placed on my desk. I looked up and saw that Mrs. Lim prepared a cup of coffee for me. "You look stressed. Have a break first."

"Thanks for the drink, Mrs. Lim. I'll take a break later after I finish this episode."

Mrs. Lim leaned to look at my desktop monitor, her eyes read the content I was writing. "Oh, you're starting episode five?" Her voice sounded surprised. "I just asked you for three episodes prepared until the end of this week."

I felt happy seeing Mrs. Lim contented with my hard work, she had a smile on her face. And that is a huge reward for me personally.

"Do you mind if I read the episodes you finished? Though I'll still pass them to the other department for proofreading."

"Not a problem. I'd love to hear a comment from you too on what to add or remove, how to make it even more interesting... Stuff like that." 

"Okay then, take a break first while I read them."

"Uhm, can I finish this episode first before I prepare the other episodes for reading?" I asked being a little too demanding. I'm getting good ideas right now and didn't want to cut the flow of my writing. I don't know but I'm actually having fun writing rather than stressing over it, unlike the past few days.

"Writer Bong you might not have realized but its already past 6 and you still didn't have lunch nor even got out of your chair. You're exceptionally quiet the past few days too, I feel alarmed. Are you okay? Is the deadlines stressing you that much? Are you even getting enough time to sleep?" She worried cupping my cheeks most likely eyeing the evident bags under my eyes.

Oh, what's with this sudden skinship? Is she extra caring because she saw me finishing three episodes before the deadline?

"Look at the bags under your eyes! Ah, it's bad for your eyes to be staring at the screen for so long. The deadline's a little far off, I mean it's coming but just go get at least 5 minutes to rest, while I go read your episodes now." Mrs. Lim kept shooing me, pushing me towards the pantry to have my break.

Not wanting to argue with Mrs. Lim, I am now in the pantry alone. I sat down and lay my head on the table rather than eating my late lunch. I didn't want to eat anyway, my appetite has been pretty much absent for today. I've been pretty busy being productive, I didn't even notice the time to the fact that I skipped lunch from all the work I was doing.

Well, I did want to distract myself from Jongin so I decided to use that energy for work rather than over thinking. I get some work done as Jongin's out of my mind and I'm actually having loads of fun writing the episodes these days. Looking at the brighter side, there's always a way looking in to things.

Ah, reminds me of someone. He's always the one who helps me look into things in a optimistic way. It's funny how it really comes back to Jongin. I can't really escape him.

I turned my head that rested on the table to look at the office chair which I previously occupied as it rotated empty. Mrs. Lim was nowhere to be found near my desk. I stood up to peek on our team manager, as she sat busy on her desk working on something else.

I thought she wanted to read my episodes. I chuckled. Was it an excuse she made to make me take a break? Mrs. Lim can be unpredictable, she may be strict and stern but she can be really warm and considerate too. Let's just think of it as an employer taking care of her employee. So that the employee can write more and better episodes for the employer.

I sneaked ou of the panrty and went back to my desk to continue my work.

 

After finishing work, I dialed Taemin to see if he's up for hanging out today, I purposely didn't call Jongin.

"Sorry, Miseo. I'm taking over time in work today. I wanna free up my schedule for Ravi's upcoming wedding. Really sorry, do you want to talk? Anything bothering you?" He replied on the line. 

"Nothing really, just wanted to be with someone." I chuckled.

"What about Jongin, is he busy? Did you try calling him first?"

I guess he is? I don't really know, he hasn't contacted me since that day where I accompanied him to buy clothes for the wedding. I have my own reasons for not contacting him, but I don't know why is he doing the same to me.

I just answered Taemin that Jongin is probably busy with the kids back at his sister's house, so I didn't bother to call. But he actually might be busy on other things like meeting Lily in at the diner for all I know.

"Oh, I'm really sorry I couldn't be there."

"Nah, it's fine. Don't worry about it. We'll see each other on Saturday anyways."

"Wow, I'm so proud of you! You actually know when the wedding is. What about the where?"

"Bro, what do you take me for. Of course I know where the wedding is." I blew a raspberry.

"Alright alright, I'm just kidding. I'll see you at the wedding then." He bid before hanging up.

I decided to walk home thinking about scenarios for the later episodes, conceptualizing and building them up. I better write this down so I don't forget.  As I was about to pull my notebook from my bag, I heard heavy steps rushing behind me. Am I being followed? Being scared at the moment, thinking I am being stalked. Out of instinct, smacked the tote bag I had around my shoulder as hard as I could to the person behind me as I pivoted.

I was planning to run away but was stopped upon hearing a wince from a familiar voice.

"Oh goodness! It's you Lily, I'm so sorry."

Lily laughed rubbing the spot where I hit her earlier. "My bad, I shouldn't have scared you like that. Didn't know you're the type to get easily scared."

Not quite catching her words from both the shock and worry mixed up. I continued apologizing, being sorry for my sudden reaction.

"Miseo, it's okay. I'm totally fine."

"My bag was kind of heavy, that might leave a bruise." I reasoned still looking out for her in concern.

"Don't worry about it." She then stressed on the words and stopped rubbing her arm. "Anyways, you just got off work, right? Are you heading home?" Lily then started a conversation changing the topic.

A little calmer than a while ago, I replied to her saying that I was walking on the way home. With that being said, I completely forgot the idea I wanted to write down earlier before the whole jumpscare incident. Ah, dang it.

"You're off from work early today." I noticed.

"Yes I am." Sounding really excited, she said. "We just hired a part-timer and he still needs some training, like knowing where the things are, operate the equipment, and properly getting the orders from the customers, minor stuff like that. I assisted him during the first hour of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter