TSR: Chapter 30.

Through Strawberries and Raspberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Dad we're trying, but nothing's working out." Lily wanted to throw a tantrum, but she knew better that it would not solve the issue. She decided to muster up her courage and talk about the matter with her father. Both of them were in his office while her grandfather patiently listened as he gazed through the window behind the office desk.

The elderly man got tired persuading his son about Lily's concern. He had grown unexpectedly stubborn and strict towards Lily. He is showing a totally different side of him. So different that his own father cannot recognize him.

Lily’s father forcefully confiscated her phone and changed her phone number to make sure she loses contact with Jongin. He also made her stop working at the diner and only gave her the permission to leave the house when Eric – the new guy her dad set her up with, is in the picture. Other than that, she felt like she was held captive… hostage in the so called “family” house.

"Irrational excuses. I don't have time for this Lily, you already know my answer. Don't even get me started." Her father says fixing his glasses as he flipped through the files on his desk.

"Dad, please. It's been months that we're seeing each other. Eric and I talked this through. I’m not making up excuses, we really tried to make our relationship work. But even he’s tired of this relationship." Lily speaks with a slight raise in her tone.

"If you treated him well then he wouldn't be tired of your relationship. Aren't I right?"

Lily poured herself in the relationship, despite not having the heart for it. She forced herself to call Eric out for breakfast before work, visit him after work, go out on dates. She even accompanied him as a plus one for one of his colleague’s wedding this month.

Despite the effort both of them were giving, nothing was working out.

Eric has the same mindset as Jason – Lily’s brother. He cared about the business more than anything but that does not mean he does not want a happy loving relationship with another half. It just did not matter to him if he’s going to marry his soulmate or not. If they both love each other, he would not regret tying the knot with her. Eric tried working out the relationship despite knowing that Lily isn’t his soulmate.

But for Lily and Eric, that was not the case. There was no love.

"I hope you could respect both me and Eric's decision. We’re asking to cut off the arrangement." Lily stood strong on her words.

"Son, I told you make this man the last one." Her grandfather raised. His sharp tone dominated his shaky voice.

"Is that what you really want Lily?" Her father unnecessarily asked as he knew her answer.

"I'll let you choose. I would allow you to be on your own, but I'll cut off all your allowances. you won't receive any support from me nor your grandfather and brother... or you continue on what you have right now."

In a rebellious tone Lily didn't hesitate saying, "Ha, as if I wouldn't survive. Watch me." There she stormed out of his room determined with her decision and her family hasn't heard of her since then.

 

TWO YEARS AFTER.

A brush of foundation powered, topped up with a light blush, the makeup artist made sure Miseo look pretty and presentable. "We're done right? I'm kinda running late." Miseo carefully confesses, hinting the lady to hurry up.

"Late for?" The stylist asks.

"The wedding." She replies, wondering why the lady had to ask about her affairs.

"Oh, ma'am we're almost done. I just have to add the highlights."

Being not very well educated about make up, she hoped that highlighting wouldn't take so much time. Miseo taps her foot impatiently on the floor, then she received a call from Taemin.

"Where are you?" Skipping the greeting part, Taemin asked in a rushed manner.

"Still at the beauty salon."

"My goodness Miseo, you're not even the bride. Did you ask them to get hair extensions or something? What's taking you so long?" Miseo heard him face palming himself from the other line.

"My bad, I didn't know this would take so much time. You know I'm not the best with makeup.” She grumbled.

"Alright, chill chill." Taemin chuckled, "Don't frown, that might ruin the makeup. We don't want to take more time, do we? I'll be waiting outside. Come out right after, okay?" he then closed the call after her reply, not wanting to bother her beautification time.

 

Miseo and Taemin arrives a minute earlier before wedding program started, as dates for each other. She thought that being the organizer and the overseer during the wedding would give her the excuse not to bring a plus one. But she got she got a request from the groom to bring a date. That leaves them no choice but to stand for each other as Taemin had no one to drag along.

"So much for being the organizer but arriving late." Taemin whispered at her ear.

"I worked hard through the past months. I hope you can tell from how everything is set." She says gesturing to how prettily she set the venue with white lilies and roses with a touch of cool mint green, in a respectable hall. The made sure from the night before the wedding that everything is settled so she would not need to rush in the morning.

"Also, why the hustle with the makeup? So unlikely of you." Taemin scans her. "But I really like how they did it on you."

Her make up wasn't heavy, she made sure that it matched her white tuxedo. Her natural features were kept as is, the makeup just accented her features by a little sparkle or like a cherry on top. "Thanks, you know I'm a busy woman. I have somewhere to attend to later."

"Like a date? With who?" Taemin looked at her with suspicious eyes, hinting the man who wasn't around.

"Man, no... I have work to do. Can't you tell from how professional I dressed myself today?" Miseo did a few poses with her outfit.

"Workaholic." Taemin barfed, to which she just ignored as the ceremony has started.

Everyone has settled down, and The Wedding March by Mendelsshon melodically started as the professional musician played through the organ.

"What's with the song? So old school." Taemin scowled at her song choice.

"It’s not your wedding. Stop complaining." She mirrors his expression.

Two cute girls of the same age then made their entrance at the wedding aisle, earning coos from the attendees as they tossed dry petals on the path. Even though Miseo made sure they practiced the week before the wedding, the twins tossed the flower in an uncoordinated manner. It looked messy but that made them look a lot more adorable.

"Kids grow up so fast. I’m glad, they have Megan's pretty genes." Taemin joked to which Miseo just chuckled.

"I heard that." Ravi's unexpected presence butted in between the two of them. Taemin shrugs not guilty of his statement.

"Aren't you supposed to host the wedding with Megan?" Miseo turns to look at Megan who stood nervously at the host podium.

"Yeah I am, if you guys didn't forget that you both should be standing right there." Ravi points at the stage. "As bride's made and best man?"

That completely slipped off from their thoughts. Both Taemin and Miseo rushes to stand beside the man who's teary eyed as the bride walked in graceful steps right after the flower girls have exited.

Never did Miseo imagine that the same guy who laughed at the crying groom from years ago would do the same at his own wedding. As Miseo and Taemin found their spot beside the groom, the faint scent of strawberries met her.

She taps the groom's shoulder as she found her spot beside him. "Need some tissues?" She joked but offered him.

Jongin turns to her side. "Thanks."

Miseo watched her best friend, her first love… exchange vows, exchange rings, and claim the lips of his soulmate - Lily, in the middle of the crowd as soon as the host permitted to kiss the bride.

Miseo's lips stretched into a smile.

Nothing much changed, the same faint scent from the same person but Miseo’s heart no longer ached with every beat and breath whenever she catches a whiff of his scent. Nor did it skip a beat whenever he was around.

Breaking the kiss, Lily hugs her husband and unexpectedly matching her eyes with Miseo who stood behind Jongin. The bride didn't hide her excitement and did a little happy feet dance while showing the simple ring that banded her elegant finger towards Miseo.

The said lady claps her hands, congratulating Lily for being lawfully wedded to her soulmate, Jongin.

Lily stood strong and brave with her words. Through months losing connections with her friends and after all those years, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter