TSR: Chapter 15

Through Strawberries and Raspberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's a Tuesday evening and we just finished work.

I know Jongin would be coming tonight offering me a ride so we'd go home together, but I told him I have special errands to handle. I even dressed up in a professional dress suit just to make my excuse more realistic.

I asked him to go straight home to which in my relief, he didn't say no to. I struggled so hard seeing him this morning and smelling the sweet strawberries.

Before I went to meet him in the morning, I almost showered myself with the cologne just to avoid smelling the strawberries from him. And yes, I say this so many times... It's useless because the strawberries is way stronger.

Mrs. Lim updated that the part-timer has already been hired and that he will be starting tomorrow. I'm glad that someone's already hired to help me with the scripts, especially now that I'm emotionally bothered.

My feet remained glued on the concrete floor, unable to move. Tears just welled up in my eyes and rolled down. I can't help but cry. Now that I'm out of work, my head is all filled with thoughts of Lily and Jongin. I don't want to go home yet nor do I have any appetite for dinner as well so I don't really know what to do.

I just lifted my head up to look at the night sky. The stars glistened even brighter as my tears magnified it's light. I feel like that was such a wrong move because now I feel a lot more lonelier. There's no one I can share this messed up destiny-soulmate life I have.

"In times like this I just want to drink." I sighed. I don't drink on weekdays and yet here I am feeling like having this issue over a few bottles.

I found myself seating alone on a soju street bar, pouring myself a drink repeatedly only just to consume it the second after. I'm about to finish my second bottle. I could feel the alcohol kind of kicking in a bit but careful not to be too drunk. I asked the lady for another bottle and some side dishes, two bottles doesn't make me drunk I can still tolerate one or a half, but more than that, I'll be suffering a really bad hangover the next day.

"Miseo?" I heard a familiar male voice.

I looked up and found Taemin standing across me.

"Hey, Taemin." I beamed happy to find myself company. "Want a glass?" I asked and just right on time the lady came our table with my orders. I asked her for another glass for Taemin before she left.

"I didn't even answer you yet, but I definitely wouldn't say no." Taemin said sitting down across me.

"Weird to find you drinking on a weekday and alone especially. Where's Jongin?"

"Let's not talk about that guy. How did you know I'm here, anyways? You're stalking me aren't you?" I said with suspicious eyes then poured him a glass of drink.

"Why would I?" He looked at me with disgust. "Tch, in your dreams, Miseo."

I just shrugged and gave him an eye roll. "I actually had a meeting in one of the offices here for my last schedule." He said then took the filled glass and drank it.

"What's up with you and Jongin? Did you guys fight?"

I know I just told him moments ago that I don't want to talk about Jongin, but I feel like the alcohol made me do it. I couldn't stop my mouth. In between suppressed sobs, I told him everything.

Every single detail of it. How I start liking Jongin since high school, then to smelling strawberries from him when I turned 18, while he doesn't sense any mint - his favorite scent, from me but rather on someone else. I even told him the reasons behind me using a lot of raspberry cologne too.

"That's part of life Miseo. We break down and cry over love. That will pass by quickly before you'd even notice." He said pouring a drink on my cup and his. "You're learning. Let's just drink that away."

We both were quiet after that, just the clinking of our glass broke the silence in between us. My mind's going crazy but I couldn't say anything. The burn that accompanied the alcohol as it went down my throat kind of numbed my aching heart.

"Bro, what if I just kiss Jongin so that I'll stop getting strawberries from him?" 

"Nothing would hurt if you try." Taemin said coolly, before feeding himself with some of the side dishes.

"Wow, that really helped. Thanks." I sarcastically said. "Love how you make it sound so easy."

"I mean why not?" The guy bluntly said.

"Are you crazy? He's my bestfriend too you know? What if things get awkward in between us? Even with you guys. Our friendship may be affected. I can't risk all those years we spent together."

He laughed at me. "You jump to conclusions way too fast. No wonder you're going no where darling."

But it's true... I don't want to break our friendship just because of my one-sided soulmate problem and my unrequited feelings for Jongin. Philia always breaks apart when Eros comes in to page. I mean I want to end all my romantic feelings towards Jongin for a while now. I wanna stop seeing him more than just a friend. I want to go back to the old times. It's easier back then...

But I don't know how.

"I mean, you can sneakily do it, right? Like in secret. Think of it like you're just pickpocketing your mom just to buy yourself a candy in the groceries. Like a really really quick one. It's not like you have to do a sloppy wet kiss like couples do."

"The heck bro!" I threw him the box of tissue from the table, flustered at his statement. I got reminded of last night.

Flashback.

Jongin and I were chilling together as he's done with his story time and he kind of dozed off in the living room. In my house. I had weird thoughts to just peck his lips. I mean it's jsut a peck, a fast one. A really quick one. I just wanna get over the scent of strawberries from him. But at the same time, I'm kind of curious what would his li...

End of flashback.

"Argh! Taemin, no." I shook my head in attempt to remove my naughty thoughts away. "No. I can't do it. I won't do it."

He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter