TSR: Chapter 1

Through Strawberries and Raspberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I blew dry my hair before leaving the bathroom. Isn't it lovely how mornings can be so peaceful? 

The sunrays from my windows were blocked by the curtains, so I pushed them off to the sides. "Wah, that's better." With the sun brightening up my studio flat. I packed some muesli cereal into my lunchbox, and got dressed for work. Work usually starts at eight in the morning but then my team manager wanted me to be there even earlier than eight for the write ups of the new series that one of our team members left before shifting to Canada for a new life.

I sprayed a good amount of my favorite raspberry cologne over my clothes before locking the door to my apartment and headed towards the bus stop that was just a few blocks away.

A little background about me. Yes, I am one of the creative literature writers of our team at the Lunate Company. And the name is Bong Miseo by the way, a 26 year old young lady who loves strawberries and raspberries.

As I continue walking towards the stop, I heard my phone ringing from my pocket. "Yo." I greeted.

"What a way to greet me over a phone, Bong." The man on the other phone said. "Are you still in bed? Geez, I keep ringing the door at your apartment. Hurry and get up!" 

I glanced over my wristwatch, "Oh shoot. Jongin, I forgot to tell you I left early. I need to go to work by seven."

"How about breakfast?" Even through the phone somehow I could feel him pouting. 

"I'll eat at work, don't worry about me." I assured him.

"Nope not letting you. Where are you at? I'll pick you up let's have breakfast out. You can't go to work with an empty stomach." He contradicted.

"Oof, Jongin. I'm gonna be fine."

"No. I'm pic-" One of the buses stopped and picked up a few from the crowd waiting beside me then it sped off. Sadly it wasn't my bus.

"I know you're at the bus stop. Stay there I'm coming." Then he hung up.

That's my best friend, Kim Jongin, a mint lover and a friend I knew since I was five. We're neighbors and schoolmates up 'till college. We both got employed a few months after graduating. I left my parents' house once I got employed to live independently at an apartment near the company's building. Surprisingly, Jongin found a job just near mine as an elementary school teacher. He loves kids.

Evidently, Jongin gets a little protective over me despite being of the same age. Jongin treats me like his little sister in a way, though he has two big sisters. And this caring character of him was always his best personality yet it can get slightly annoying.

I heard Jongin's car honk, so I stood up and opened the door of his car.

"Good morning Miseo!" He beamed at me.

"Good morning Jongin." I smiled at him, and there I sat beside him. The scent of my favorite strawberries came up my nostrils ever so smoothly. I calmed myself and spoke up, "You know you don't have to do this? I'll be having work at seven for three weeks, cuz boss wants the scripts of the first episodes ready before the end of the month."

Mrs. Lim, our team manager, is a very strict woman. She hates people who procrastinate and if she says she wants it now, then there's no slacking off. That woman wants everything on time and always wants us to work in the office. She likes to ke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter