TSR: Chapter 24

Through Strawberries and Raspberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note: Hi, dear readers, I'm finally back ohuhu. I apologize for saying I'll be out for weeks but weeks turned into months :( But thank you all for your patience and also for the new subscribers. Will be updating every Saturday, once again.

"Lily?" Jongin's deep warm voice calls her attention.

Like a cat caught in suspicion, she felt all the hair in her body stand as her heart started beating like crazy.

What do I say?

Lily pivoted on one foot. "Uhm... Hi. Jongin, ri- right?"

She doesn't know why she even acted like she's unfamiliar with the guy's name. Maybe to make it less suspicious that she cared? That she remembers his name from that day at the diner?

That came out awkward.

"Yeah, it's Jongin. Kim Jongin. I see you took note on my name from that day." Jongin smiled happy of the thought that she remembers him.

Gosh, I thought he would let that slide off. Lily mentally slapped her forehead.

"What brings you here?"

"Uhm..." Lily's eyes started to wander here and there. She couldn't make up any excuse for some reasons. His presence just made her weak, losing her focus. The way that her heart raced on her chest distracted her even more.

"It's not like your first time here. I notice you coming often. You must be here for a reason." Jongin speaks trying to sound less curious.

Gosh, he really knew I come here...

"Perhaps you're here to see me?" Jongin points a finger on his chest. Even his own words made his heart skip a beat, not expecting himself to blurt that out.

"What?" Lily hoped that he doesn't notice her blushing. "No, it's nothing like that. I'm just here because of the kids... Yeah, the kids." The kids? She wanted to slap herself for that lame excuse.

Oh yeah. Her kids... I bet her husband's busy to drop them off to school.

"Are they from this class?" Jongin asked pointing over his class advisee.

"Y-Yes..." Lily answer was overpowered by the loud bell sound indicating the start of classes.

"Sorry, I didn't get to catch that but it's alright. I still have a class to attend to. I guess I'll see you around?" Jongin stretches an arm out for a shake.

Lily sheepishly scratched the back of her head as she shifted her gaze form his hand to his eyes. She refused to return him the handshake, afraid that he would feel the tremble in her hands.

"See you."

Jongin lets out a deep sigh. I probably sounded like a big flirt to her. I can't believe, I'm hitting on my soulmate who's already married.

 

After a few days, at the Lunate's company.

Another typical day where it's just the sound from keyboard filled the room. It sounded like music to Mrs. Lim knowing that her subordinates are busy, while the rest of them most likely adapted to the sound as if it was like just the sound of the wind.

Miseo stared at her computer screen, experiencing another episode of having nothing to write. For her, the small taps on the keyboard from her co-workers bothered her so much as she felt so much pressure that they're able to write so smoothly. Unlike her who's going through such a struggle.

The other day, Mrs. Lim informed Miseo and Nathan that the preparations for the series has already set forth as she has forwarded the initial script. They even partnered up with a production company too. The director has started screening actors and actresses for the preparation.

Miseo lets out a sigh. I only have two and a half chapters left to write... That much left and we're done.

Miseo continues to stare at the blank screen, trying to summon ideas up her head. Not noticing that it was lunch time and the keyboard noise in the office has died down.

"Isn't Miseo having lunch with us?" Rocky asks to no one directly as they were all gathered in the pantry room.

Nathan turns to look at the said lady through the crack of the door. He stood up and took the extra bento he had prepared from his bag and placed it over Miseo's table.

Waking up from zoning out, Miseo notices the newly placed lunch on her table and looks up the one who gave it to her.

"Oh, what's this?" She raises a brow.

"I don't know what you call it but it's lunch." Nathan smiled.

"It's already lunch time?" Confusion started to kick in, she checked the time just to make sure and not a second after it was justified.

She turns to Nathan, "It's alright, I'm still not hungry. I'll eat later." She pushes the lunch box towards guy.

"Stress will eat you instead." Nathan asks her to get up. "You can either have a few bites with us in the pantry or take a short break while we eat. Stressing yourself won't take you anywhere."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter