TSR: Chapter 27

Through Strawberries and Raspberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nathan didn't speak a word about the matter even after Miseo finished her chapter that afternoon. He continued on with his sketch, but Miseo wasn't in her best condition, noticed Nathan. He ought to treat her for a meal thinking it might cheer her up. But she just ate and went back home with a full stomach, masking up her feelings.

He thought that maybe because her friends left her that time in the cafe with a short notice, or it was because of Jongin specifically being with her friend that made her upset. He couldn't put the pieces together, but the latter seem to be the answer based on his rationale. Miseo's expression changed only upon seeing Jongin and her friend together.

Does Miseo like Jongin? Is it one sided or...

It's been three days since that incident and he still can't get her bothered expression out of his head, and the assumption about Miseo and Jongin. He peeks from his work desk to see Miseo stressing yet again to write the script for the final episode.

"Nathan Seo, how's the write ups going?" Mrs. Lim places both of her hands on his shoulder that made the man jolt from his seat.

"It's going good Mrs. Lim." From being startled, he hurriedly took hold of the computer mouse and move the cursor around the screen aimlessly.

"I didn't mean to startle you, but I see you're working on the last episode now." Mrs. Lim points out.

"Yes, I believe Miseo sent the previous script the other day ago for proof reading."

Mrs. Lim nods. "Looks like we need to prepare a farewell soon, since the final episode's about to finish by this week or the next."

Nathan didn't think about that, after working in the company for a few months he felt like he was working as a regular employee.

Mrs. Lim gives him a good remark for being punctual and even earlier than the deadline. She liked having him around in the company. "Keep up the work." She gives him one last tap on the shoulder before leaving for her desk.

With that being said, Nathan had thoughts on buying some more time to write the final episode. But seeing Miseo stressing, he didn't want her to get all the scolding from Mrs. Lim if they'd pass this chapter a little later.

I don't want to leave the company so soon.

 

"Writer Bong, I'm heading out for the script reading for 'Parallel Grounds'. Want to tag along?" Mrs. Lim offers the next morning. 'Parallel Grounds' is the official title of the series. Just recently Mrs. Lim and the team brainstormed to create a better name that the old draft title they had.

"Would love to." Miseo was struggling on her own space for an hour upon arriving in the office, maybe heading out could help her. While she was collecting her necessities in her bag, Mrs. Lim offers Nathan the same thing.

Their team manager notices the rush of excitement in Nathan's demeanor. "Don’t make it too obvious that it’s your first time. It's nothing special."

But for Nathan it is. He’s going to be in a room with actors that he only saw through the digital screen. Not only that, he is thrilled to have the opportunity to spend more time around her especially now that he's about to finish his contract.

They reached to the place with Mrs. Lim's car, and it was full of actors. The director was serious on casting well-known action actors, though some side characters were rookies, but they're quite known in the acting industry as well.

Nathan didn't expect to be a part of a big project.

The three of them, made their way through the number of actors, actresses, directors and the rest of the crew by greeting them before finding as seat for them at the corner of the room. Miseo and Nathan sat by each other as Mrs. Lim gave them a few advice on what to do and what not to do.

Miseo was focusing on the first half of the reading. The cast we're good by themselves she even didn't have to worry about how they lines were delivered, nor did the director have much to criticize. Her focus was slowly fading as the time went and wondered if this was really the first script reading because they we're doing it so well.

"They're so good, it feels like I'm listening to a radio drama if I close my eyes right now." Nathan whispers in a very light voice to Miseo's ear, being really careful not to be heard in a packed yet quiet room.

Miseo turns to him and nods in agreement. He encouraged her to close her eyes and do the same way he was doing.

She found it silly and didn't bother to follow his lead. He looked immersed at the moment making Miseo hold her chuckle. He looked cute and immature, but serious at the same time.

I wonder how this scenario looks like in his imagination... Miseo thought as she stared at the man beside her.

She has been ignoring the scent she keeps getting when she's around him. Often times she denied that she gets a whiff of it from him. But facts are telling her it's from him, because inside and outside work the strawberry and raspberry scent cannot be coincidentally there all the time they meet. Unknowingly, her denial turned to doubts and curiosity.

Does he sense something when I'm around him too? Or is it one sided yet again?

She had enough trying to move on from Jongin. The one-sided scent she get from him and trying to wrap around her head the unlabeled and untold story of the 'Jongin and Lily relationship' from a few days ago. And here I am pointlessly wondering about soulmates.

Miseo playfully brushes her hand from Nathan's forehead down to his chin making him cut his colorful dreamy imagination as he opens his eyes.

"That's enough." She mouths without a sound, then pointing towards Mrs. Lim. Which she meant that their team manager might misunderstand him sleeping in the set.

They left the building right after the script reading, the sun was high up above their heads meaning as it was early in the afternoon. So, they grabbed lunch outside. But with just the three of them, it feels odd and awkward, especially for Nathan. Luckily, they survived their way through.

Mrs. Lim gave the day free for them and didn't bother to make them go back to the company and work. It felt new to find th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter