TSR: Chapter 26

Through Strawberries and Raspberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The previous chapter but in a different perspective.

 

Hajoon: Good morning. It's Hajoon, I'm at the door waiting. You can come out when you're ready, we'll go to the cafe together.

Lily made a lopsided expression upon seeing the man's message. "I thought we were going there separately." Lily says as she closed her car's door and headed straight to the front door.

Lily approaches the white car in front of the Song's residence and knocks on the window. She thought it would be rude to just swing the door open at the passenger's seat without letting him know of her presence.

They're strangers to begin with.

"I thought you'd take more time; I didn't expect you to come right away." Hajoon starts the conversation. "Did my text message rush you? I don't mind waiting to be honest."

Lily found no excitement in his tone, he wasn’t amused just like her.

"There was no rush. I was actually about to leave with my car when you messaged. I thought we're going to meet at the cafe."

"I'd like to be a gentleman and pick you up. I feel like this gesture was needed." He gives her a sly smile.

"I'm Hajoon by the way, Ji Hajoon." He stretches his hand out to initiate a handshake.

"Song Lily." Returning the gesture, she hid a frown.

What's up with the smile? Lily felt suspicious that Hajoon really might be a playboy as she sensed something rather fishy around him. That smile for sure meant something.

 

Fortunately, even though Hajoon chose their table, they were seated close to where Miseo could see them. Lily felt slightly creeped out with the man.

Not only does he look like a playboy… Is he a stalker too? How did he know my address? Shouldn't blind dates start and end at where they're supposed to meet? I don't really know much; this is the first time I'm going to one.

What am I saying...

Both Hajoon and Lily were mostly quiet from the car ride. Even at the café, they just exchanged a few questions of what they want to order at the cashier counter, then eventually became silent yet again even after they got their drinks.

Hajoon might be making up some conversation starter in his head for all Lily knew but she was busy mentally talking to herself that she didn't realize she blurted 'That's so weird' aloud by accident, while staring at the man across her.

"What's weird?" Hajoon asked while brushing off dust or whatnot from his shirt. Is there something on my shirt? He wondered.

"Is there something wrong?" He adds.

Lily cups . "Did- did I say something?"

"Yeah, you said 'that's so weird'." Hajoon even impersonated her tone.

Awkwardly laughing, Lily broke in a cold sweat being embarrassed not knowing what to say.

Hajoon raised his brows in return, he couldn't laugh along with her. She just broke the dead air with her random comment, leaving him lost in the situation. He wanted to know what is happening.

"Can I be honest? I mean… This might be the last time we're meeting anyways." She mumbled the last sentence towards the end. Ah whatever...

"Feel free." Hajoon allowed her, he caught her low tone statement and couldn't help but agree.

"I find it rather uncomfortable that you knew where I live. Did you stalk me or something?"

He chuckles at her. Was she worried about that the whole time?

"Good thing you asked, I don't want to be that weirdo that you would be talking about a few days after our date." I mean I'd rather have that, so there wouldn't be a second date. He wanted to add.

"I occasionally visit your family's house when needed like talking about some business with Mr. Song in his office."

“Don’t you guys make meetings in his office in the company?”

“If there are urgent meetings after office hours. I have to.”

Lily raised her brows. "How come I never saw you?"

"He told me you're working the nightshift."

"Such a workaholic." She didn't bother masking her unamused tone. "Why are you working even after working hours? Don't you have hobbies or anything?"

Lily, that was a smooth transition for a get-to-know conversation. Nice one. She mentally gave herself a tap on her shoulder. Now she’s looking for a proper timing to call off the marriage their family arranged for them.

"Hobbies you say..." He paused and gave it a thought. What can I say that could turn her off?

"There's nothing much that I do aside from work. Like you mentioned, 'workaholic'.” He shrugs. “Maybe golfing? Horseback riding from time to time... And fishing too-" Lily let out a fake yawn making him pause in between.

"That's fun but you sound like an old man not gonna lie. I was thinking that we might find something similar like, movies or visiting a gallery or what." She beckoned. "But I guess you have a very different taste."

I thought it would be nice to engage in a conversation. Lily believed, but she felt rather uninterested in the chat.

I guess that worked. Hajoon thought.

"Do you have plans after this?" Lily asked. She didn't know what to say anymore, he wasn't even trying to keep their talk on.

"I actually do have a meeting with a few people in-"

“What?” Lily cuts him off. “So, are you ditching me?" Lily didn't filter her question with a raise of her brow.

Ugh, I thought I was the one who’s going to make an excuse and run. He beat me to it because he picked me up.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t even expect you to that find out.” He lowers his head guilty. “I’m really sorry, I have to be honest with you. I do this with every date but you’re the very first one to find out.”

"And you were saying that you wanted to be a gentleman? By picking me up. A much

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter