TSR: Chapter 25

Through Strawberries and Raspberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the weekend came. Lily was restless knowing that by tomorrow she'll be meeting the heir of the Z company.

"I really don't wanna do this." Full of disappointment, she gets up on her feet and went to look for some decent clothes in her closet. "I wonder if Miseo's busy." With one hand she dialed the lady's number on her phone, while the other skims through the hanged garments.

"Hey Lily, what's up?" Miseo answered quicker than she expected.

"I feel jobless and lonely this past week so wanted to talk to someone and you're the first one I had in mind. Are you busy by any chance?" Lily pouts, hoping the lady on the other line would give her an ear.

"Oh, you cutie. I'm not that busy just fixing my clothes. You know, the weather lately is getting cooler, so the autumn and winter clothes should be out." Miseo put the call on loudspeaker as she gathered her summer clothes to keep them away for the meantime.

“What are the odds, I'm going through my closet as well.” Lily blurted in surprise.

“Now tell me what's bothering you.”

"I really couldn't keep this to myself but dad just set me up on a blind date with one of his friend's son and I'm having a hard time to pick out an outfit because I don't even wanna go there in the first place."

"Blind date? When you say the son of your dad's friend, then he must be an heir of some company then."

"Yeah, I don't know if you've heard of the Z company, but their business is growing well these days with their home and kitchen appliances in the industry."

"Mm, Ji Hajoon. Right?"

"Oh wow, even the busy Miseo knows his existence."

"Just happened to search them in the web and found him right away. He looks nice, no?" Miseo asked looking at the young man's profile through the company's website.

"Really? He looks kinda like a playboy to me though. But you know that's not the point Miseo. It just doesn't end there. My dad is setting us up for marriage." Lily grabbed a white floral dress and hovered it in front of her through the full body mirror, checking it out.

"You know I already have someone I like, I don't wanna meet anyone else. And I told you before I want to get married to my soulmate just like my parents."

Miseo knew it's Jongin whom Lily was hinting about.

"Yeah, but all you have to do is meet him, right? When will it be?"

"Tomorrow like around brunch time."

"Just try meeting up with him. I believe it wouldn't be too bad to get to know each other. Since it's just a blind date, you guys won’t tie the knot right away. So nothing's official yet Lily. Just try to know him and tell your honest opinion to him and to your family after the date. Sounds good?"

Miseo's own words surprised her. She's not the kind of person who advises people about things, but she did it towards Lily. It's not like she wanted Lily and Hajoon to work out after one date. But Miseo felt like it was just right for Lily to face him and her family about the issue rather than running away from it.

"I guess you're right. I shouldn't ghost him and give a bad reputation on my dad nor my family." Lily agrees and plops her body on the soft cushions of her bed. "Could you come with me tomorrow? I don't want to go alone to be honest."

"I know tomorrow is a weekend and it's supposed to be my day off but I have to meet up with my co-writer tomorrow around the same time to do some work." Miseo was afraid to say no but she really has some stuffs to work on with Nathan.

"Where are you guys supposed to meet up? I could ask Hajoon to change the location to where you guys are going to be. I just don't want to go alone, please let me have you as company."

"About that, me and my colleague still haven't decided where to meet up yet." Miseo grabbed her phone and checked her and Nathan's conversation.

"Then would it be okay if you guys do your work at the cafe where me and Hajoon is going to be tomorrow? I hope I'm not making an annoying favor." Lily played with her fingers. I just don't want to be alone tomorrow.

She sounds desperate, I guess she's really scared to go alone. Miseo thought.

"No problem. I'll keep you company tomorrow. I'll just ask my co-worker and then update you. Send me the location, okay?"

"Sure, will do. Thank you a bunch, Miseo! What can I do without you? Love you ~" Lily bids.

Miseo was caught off guard with Lily's sudden statement. For Miseo, it takes a lot to time for her to be able to say 'I love you' even it was just for a friend. Hearing how easily Lily could say it even though they knew each other for less than a year, made her realize how Lily is comfortable with her.

"Ah- oh, me too." Miseo didn't know how to react. "Make sure you send me the outfit you're going to wear tomorrow." She added at the end just to make her reply less awkward before hanging up.

She sure is a sweet girl. So innocent and pure. I believe doing this much for her as a friend she trusts wouldn't be too bad. A warm, smile stretches upon Miseo's lips, happy to do something for a friend.

 

"Look at you all dressed up and pretty do you have plans after this? Are you meeting someone after?" Nathan brought up, as Miseo entered his car to pick her up the next morning.

"It can look like a new fit since I don't really dress up to work. Just thought of wearing something different." She giggled. "Aside from meeting you for work, I'm not seeing anyone else." Miseo dusts off the hem of her brown coat.

She wasn't wearing anything special nor fancy underneath that brown coat, except for some boyfriend jeans and a white top.

Does that mean she dressed up to meet me? Nathan hid a chuckle finding her cute.

Last night, Lily sent Miseo a picture of the outfit she decided to wear, and she tried to convince Miseo to wear something cute since they were both working on their closet together. Miseo thought it would be cute to match up with her even though they're not actually going to meet each other.

Now that Nathan noticed her outfit, she felt sheepish.

As they both arrived at the cafe. Nathan looked around which looked pretty familiar to him. "This place is close to where I live. I didn’t noticed that."

"I could go home by the bus or taxi, so I don't cause you too much trouble driving me back." Miseo suggested and thought that maybe she could travel back with Lily and ask her how h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter