TSR: Chapter 21

Through Strawberries and Raspberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What's my son Nathan been up to lately?" An elderly woman sits on the soft cushion couch in Nathan's home.

"I'm good just getting a little more busy because of work." He says as he tidied up his house a little. "You should have called that you're coming mom."

"Surprises are better dear." His mom smiled. "Cleaning will take you forever Nathan. I didn't come here for you to monitor you cleaning up. You should be organizing you're stuffs every now and then, not only when you have guests in."

Nathan bit his lip, guilty as he takes in his mom's nagging.

"Now come here my child. I brought some side dishes I made a few days ago." She brought out a few lunch boxes out and placed it on the table only for him to store it up in the fridge.

Nearly tearing up Nathan stifles a sob. "You don't know how much I miss your homemade food mom." He ran to her arms and gave her a tight hug. Nathan wasn't the best cook and he knows that well.

"It's always ordered food and the only thing I'm best at cooking is ramen. How come I didn't get your chef skills but got dad's instead..." He continues to whine as he enveloped the elderly in his arms.

"Oh Nathan, grow up will you? You've been living alone for two years now. You should have learned how to cook by then. I shouldn't be spoon feeding you all the time. You're already 22!" His mom continued to nag.

Nathan broke the hug as his mom kept insisting the reality that he's getting older and he has to get used to it. He grabs the homemade food and places it in the fridge with much love and care.

"I heard you got hired. How's it going there?" His mom asked.

"So far so good, but it's just a temporary job so I'm still relying on my webtoons."

His mom hummed and comforted him that it's always like that for new college graduates. You either get referred and get a job straight a way or you strive hard and learn the hard way. She sure loves shoving reality up my head. Nathan thought.

"Oh yeah mom, I think I found my soulmate." Nathan brought up the news.

The elderly gasped in excitement. "Really? What's her name? How did you meet her? How did you find out? Is she pretty? How old is she? Do you guys keep contact? Does she know too?"

"Mom, that's a lot of questions." Nathan chuckled at her reaction as sat down with her in the living room.

"Uhm, to be honest I'm not 100% sure yet if this is how one finds out but I've smelling my favorite chocolates when I'm with her."

"Oh dear, I'm not very sure about that too. Back in college my friends used to say that the scent is really strong when they met their soulmates. I guess you're at the right tract. But it's only you and her who'd know if you guys are really destined for each other. You know me and your dad are not soulmates, so we really don't have a clue. Sorry we're not much of help."

Nathan's parents are in their mid-50s and they still haven't met their soulmates yet. Well by now they don't even bother looking for who destiny matched for them since they already have each other.

"Did she ever talk about it? Does she have a clue?" His mom asked.

Nathan recalled on his first day in work when Miseo asked him about her perfume.

"...Is my cologne too strong? Does the scent bother you? Does it make you lightheaded? And are you okay with perfumes?"

He wasn't sure if Miseo was talking about her chocolate scented perfume or what scent specifically did she mean. But even if she was wearing a strong perfume shouldn't the scent from her soulmate over power it? So does she not sense any scent from me?

But even after that, he's been sensing sweet chocolates whenever they were together, but she didn't react differently around him nor talked about it with him.

"I don't think so she has a clue." Nathan answered in a sullen voice.

Or maybe she's using a chocolate scented perfume and we're not actually soulmates...

"Oh look at you going all blue... You like her don't you?" His mom played with her brows teasing him.

Nathan's ears grew red and he turned sheepish from his mother's statement. "I... I think so I do." He confessed.

"Oh boy, that's pretty quick I thought you'd go all shy and sheepish about it."

"I don't know mom. It might be because we're soulmates? Maybe that's why? Wait, I'm not even sure if we are... But there's this attraction that pulls me to like her. Even before I found out that she had my favorite scent I... I don't know she's been on my head all the time since the first day we met." He placed a hand over his blushing face.

Nathan wanted to continue telling his mom more about Miseo but he doesn't really know much about the lady. He couldn't point out what charm does Miseo have to make him go head over heels for her.

"My boy's not a baby anymore, look at you~" She continued on teasing her son.

Nathan just chuckled, busy with his thoughts. But if I liked her because I knew she was my soulmate then would that even be real love to begin with? Maybe I'm just overwhelmed by the fact that we're soulmates...

"You know Nathan, for me and your dad it doesn't matter if she's your soulmate or not. If that's what you're worrying about. Follow your heart, just like how we did." She gave out a wink.

There was a pause in their conversation and Nathan was caught speechless with her statement.

"I'm just saying." She gave out a shrug.

Follow your heart.

Nathan just gave the elderly another hug, happy to hear his mom comfort him. "Thanks mom."

"Now what are you going to do then?" His mom asked.

"I haven't thought about that..."

"Why don't you try get to know her first?" His mom suggested.

 

After Nathan's mom left by that afternoon, he grabbed his phone and texted right away.

From: Nathan

Hey, Miseo. I was thinking we go together to work tomorrow. I'll pick you up?

To: Miseo

"That's kinda out of the blue. I would understand if she refused the offer." Nathan uttered under his breath.

Well, it wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

 

Miseo glanced at her phone when it vibrated noting she got a message. She spotted Nathan's name on the notification bar.

Might be another work related message... must be about the script. He can be really hard working, doing the work on his day off. 

She's out having a good time with Lily, and the last thing she wanted is to be bothered with work right now. So she pocketed her phone ignoring the message.

Miseo walks side by side Lily who's going mad out crazy as she shops. From summer dresses, casual chic outfits and formal suits, Lily explored a lot of clothing styles from different shops and bought as much as her heart and wallet could. To add, she even matched them with a few pair of heels and purses too. As a rich kid, she didn't have worries in spending a lot of money.

"I think I'm done." Lily muttered under her breath as she checked the countless paper bags of different branded clothing lines hanging over her arms. Lily then approached Miseo who's at the perfume section with a few more bags of Lily's purchased items by her feet.

It's been weeks since me and Taemin talked, and he's right. I just have to give myself time and just accept the fact about Jongin. I feel a lot more better now, though not totally. Miseo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter