TSR: Chapter 29

Through Strawberries and Raspberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Aren't you being too tight on Lily, it's been two weeks now." Lily's grandfather confronted his son.

"She got her phone back after a week and now I even allowed her to leave her room. Is it still not enough for you, dad?"

Thinking that his son is being absurd and unreasonably strict, Lily’s grandfather tries his best to persuade his son to loosen up towards her. It is not like she committed an abominable sin. He kept her locked in her room and confiscated her phone to be away from connecting to anyone outside the house.

"She did what you asked for. A date with Hajoon, isn't that what you wanted?"

"She did but she lied and went on a date with her soulmate." He frowned recalling Jongin's face that night when he dropped Lily off.

"He didn't even look like he's from a respectable family to begin with." He added, earning a smack at the back of his head.

"Who taught you to talk in such a rude manner rude?” The elderly scowled. “So, what if he's not from a well-off family? Give your girl some freedom." He lectured.

"Dad, she's the princess of the family. I don't want to marry her off to just anyone and have her suffer working in the business world." Mr. Song worried walking around of the room he played with his hands. "I'm making her meet another man from a close connection with the company."

With a downcast expression he looks up to his father. "I'm sorry."

Her grandfather understood what his son meant by not wanting his only princess to just marry anyone. But at lease for Lily’s sake?

"Make it the last one." The elderly sternly spoke, expecting respect and obedience from the other before leaving the room.

“Is Lily still up?” The elderly asked the maids. Despite them knowing that the lady did not want anyone in her room, they gave him an honest answer making him storm his way toward her door. It is her favorite grandfather anyways.

"I'm not having dinner." Lily hollers answering the knock at her door with her back towards it, as she lay her body in bed.

"It's your grandpa, Lily." His warm shaky voice greets her, making her dash to open the door for him.`

"Did you talk to dad?" Her eyes pleaded.

"I tried. He wants to set you up with another guy." He explained how he tried giving his son a lecture and that he hoped that it would be the last.

"Even though I wouldn't want to meddle with my little girl's love life, I would be a lot more comfortable and at ease knowing you're going to wed someone stable." He tucks a lone hair behind her ear.

"Please give this another try, dear. If it doesn't work… I'll work my way with your father. I promise."

A sigh escaped her parted lips. "Okay, grandpa. I'll try."

The elderly left the room, Lily is left alone in her room once again.

She lays her back at the soft mattress staring at her phone. Miseo didn't reply to her message from a week ago making her worry. She then texts Miseo once again.

Lily: Hi... I see you're not replying to me. Are you mad at me by any chance? I'm really sorry for what happened that day. I know it has been weeks, but I went through some family matters. Haa, I wanted to apologize to you in person and tell you everything from that day, but I can't for now. I'm really really really sorry.

She wanted to add the fact that she still cannot leave the house. But, thinking it would be better to talk about the matter when they meet not just through the phone.

Miseo: I've been busy lately. Sorry, how's everything now tho?

The lady was relieve to know that she was not ignored because she suddenly disappeared without an explanation.

Lily: Am I forgiven then? :o

Miseo: Not until you tell me how you are...

The younger giggled believing that's supposed to mean yes. She's glad to chat with Miseo once again after a long time being quarantined.

Lily: I don't want to talk about my family matter for a while it's making me depressed.

Miseo: So, what’s up?

Lily: Remember how I didn’t want to meet and date Jongin… my soulmate?

Miseo was quiet not giving the other girl on the line a reply. Allowing Lily to continue on.

Lily: Haha, I’m sorry I think that was weird to say to someone whom he’s close friends with. Was it cringey to hear.

Miseo: Lol, girl just go on with your story.

Lily chuckles as her face grew tint.

Lily: I actually met him one time. We talked and hanged out. He is such a gentleman. Not to add, my maids are saying he drops by to my place to visit me from time to time.

Lily didn't expect him to drop by very often and try to pursue her for real.

Miseo knew about the matter as Jongin told her everything about Lily. He drops by Lily’s place and asks if he could meet her, but the maid kept telling many other reasons to why she cannot meet him. Except the fact that she is not supposed to meet him.

Thinking that Lily was just a little to shy to meet him nor to reply to any of his texts, he made sure he made her feel the effort that he’s serious in courting her and take a step closer to get to know her.

Miseo: Why don't you meet him?

Her curiosity grew ignoring the pang in her heart.

Lily: My dad knew about Jongin, and he wasn't very happy about it. He is trying to set me up on another date.

Her response surprised Miseo, but she didn't want to question it as it may be the family matter that Lily was trying so hard to avoid.

Miseo: Don't worry too much. If it's destiny for both you and Jongin… then it's destiny. Just go on that date for formality.

And this is the moment where you officially let go of him Miseo. She thought.

 

3 MONTHS LATER.

The Lunate company has gone hectic. It is the usual hectic whenever they are about to broadcast another new series. And this time 'Parallel Grounds' is a few hours from airing.

They have done their farewell party for Nathan months ago, but that didn't stop him from keeping contact with Miseo and still meet her casually. Often, he would still offer her a ride to work and even back home. Feeling that it was too burdensome for him, she refuses and takes the public transport from time to time. But Nathan made sure that he would be available to pick her up from work, just to ensure that she's not skipping her meals as she always does

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter