TSR: Chapter 23

Through Strawberries and Raspberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good morning?" Lily answered the phone half-heartedly as it woke her up. She didn't even bother looking at the caller.

"Hey Lily, did I wake you up?" Alexa the part time worker at the diner greeted.

"Honestly you did but it doesn't matter. What's up with the early call at 7:20?" Lily asked.

"I'm really sorry, but can I ask you a favor? Because my professor suddenly said we're going to have a class today at 8am and I'm supposed to be in the morning shift today at the diner. Could you come in my stead? I'll pay you back next time. I promise." Alexa really sounded desperate.

"Oh geez. Your prof loves making sudden decisions, huh? I'll take the shift for you, don't worry about paying me back." Lily stood up.

"Really?" Alexa gasped. She didn't expect Lily to say yes so easily.

"Of course. I had my day off yesterday so it's all good so it means I had enough sleep for the shift. Now go prepare before you get late for class." Lily tried shooing the girl off, but Alexa didn't hang up until she expressed her gratitude enough to Lily.

"Thank you Lily. I'll pay you back for real. I don't care if you say no." Alexa said strongly before hanging up.

"It'll be more useful if she keeps it to herself though." Lily mumbled. Alexa doesn't know that Lily's the daughter of the CEO she's working for and Lily doesn't even bother telling her that piece of information because Lily wanted to keep the low profile.

By 7:40am, Lily's already in her uniform, fresh and ready to leave for work. But her dad who spotted her from the living room greeted her making her stop in her tracts. "Good morning darling, why are you leaving so early and to add in your uniform?" He leaves the morning newspaper he was reading at the coffee table and walks towards her.

"Good morning dad, I'm taking the morning shift today."

"Aren't you always in the evening shift?" Her dad asks.

"Yes, but one of my colleagues asked me to fill up the spot for her. She has something urgent today." Lily explained.

"Didn't Manager Gong tell you that I requested a week off for you? He told me the other day that he already has someone to take your shifts for the whole week. Did he not contact you about it?"

"Not of anything I know, I still didn't get a call from him." Lily goes through her call logs and messages on her phone then showed it to her dad. "Nothing from Manager Gong."

"Alright, just give me a second. I'll just give him a call." Lily's dad backs away to give Manager Gong a call. 

What's with the sudden long week off?

Her dad comes back five minutes after the call. "Manager Gong said he got the things settled already. He'll have the part time worker take today's morning and the rest of your shifts for the week."

"Uhmm... Okay?" Lily raised a brow. She felt weird with all these sudden change of plans in the morning. First she's supposed to be in the evening shift today, but then Alexa asked her a favor. Now that she's all ready, here comes her dad telling her that she's off for a week because of who knows why. Now what am I supposed to do? I feel jobless doing nothing.

"You don't seem to like it." Her dad noted.

"Oh no no, I feel like it's too early for this sudden changes of plans." Lily told her dad.

"You can sit down and rest. I can ask the maids to prepare the table for you before I go to the office." Her dad offered.

"It's alright dad. I think I'll just go for a morning run before breakfast. Thanks, you can have breakfast without me."

"You know I don't do that stuff. Coffee is good enough for me." He raised the warm cup that was on his hand.

"Have a toast along with it or something. Don't leave with an empty stomach. Take care for work today dad~"  She waves at him and goes to her room to change from her uniform to a casual running attire.

 

Miseo sat alone at a table for two while Nathan was at the counter ordering their breakfast at the cafe near the company. I cannot believe Nathan has my favorite scent...

She thought that it might just be Nathan's car scent, but she found not a single trace of evidence that he used the particular scent she was sensing from his car. Honestly, it would be weird for a guy to be using strawberries and raspberries in the first place.

Even as they got off from the car, the scent of strawberries and raspberries still lingered. A sigh leaves the lady's parted lips. I just got over from Jongin... Now what is this sudden surprise? Nathan's my soulmate? What if I'm the only one who could sense it again.

The lady have no thoughts on hoping that the other party would be sensing his favorite scent from her. Nathan never showed any reactions towards her as much as she recalls. Pff, who cares? Miseo plays it out cool and just stares at the window by her side as she waits for her coffee.

I already agreed to focus on writing than wasting my time finding love.

Once the scent of strawberries and raspberries hit her, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter