TSR: Chapter 19

Through Strawberries and Raspberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miseo arrives at work and figures out that there's a new air freshener in the office as she sensed a strong raspberry with a little mix of strawberries.

I know for sure this is not my cologne this time. I didn't even apply much today. She didn't bother to comment on it ignoring the scent and just greeted Mrs. Lim who's by her desk, early before the dot. 

"Oh, you're here early? Good morning." Miseo sang finding Nathan sitting on his office chair beside hers.

"Yeah, Mrs. Lim told me not to be late. I don't really want to be on her bad side." He said whispering at his workmate's ear trying not to be heard by the team manager. "She's scary."

She chuckled, "You're learning just right." 

"I came with my car but it was too early so I decided to walk around and got myself some my iced mocha by the cafe near by." He raised the half filled cup of the said drink and gave it a little shake. "I had a walk around too and I really like it here. It's peaceful and friendly.. Made me ease my mind before coming to work." 

"Same, even I enjoy walking around this area too." Miseo agreed.

"Alright, so how about we start working on the script now? Did you get yourself familiarized with the characters and the storyline?" Miseo clasped her hands together creating a clap sound.

Nathan rested his chin over his hand. "Writer Bong, I came early and stared working on the episode right away." He moved away and gestured his hand for me to look at the screen.

"Wow, you wrote quite a lot already." Her eyes scanned through the words over his desktop screen.

"Yeah yeah, it was a piece of cake. The morning walk kind of helped me too." The guy said sipping his cold iced mocha in a fancy manner with the straw.

Miseo lightly smacked his arm. "Pff, no need to be all smug and proud. Let me read this first then I'll go work on the second part of the script." She said now focusing on reading the script he made. Nathan's eyes glued on the lady's orbs that glistened as it reflected the desktop screen's light. His lips stretched up to a smile.

Her eyes were busy reading but noticed that a pair of eyes are watching her. She glanced at Nathan by the corner of her eye making the said man avert his eyes and making his ears grow red after being caught. He grabbed his drink trying to act casual by sipping on it.

She cleared and continued on reading.

She's too close to me, I don't know what to do. I can't just push her off. Nathan thought ruffling his hair.

"Uhm... Can you read on your own desktop? I'll send you the script that I have for now." He asked trying to scoot away from her, creating a good distance for them.

"Don't worry I'm about to finish." Her finger scrolled on the mouse by her right hand and her eyes quickly went past the remaining words.

"I'll just send them to you, okay? I want to write up as much as I can and-" Nathan got cut off from reasoning when Miseo suddenly jolted up saying she's done reading. "Alright, done!" She put her hands up in the air as if a police caught her guilty of something. "Done."

"Okay, now let me get back to what I was doing." Nathan pulled himself close to the desktop having Miseo's office chair being pushed to the side.

She doesn't have to act all cute. He thought trying to focus on his work holding his smile in and hiding his red ears.

 

Dismissal time came in fast as they were all focused on working on their own tasks. Mrs. Lim requested them to focus after promising them that they'll have the dinner party by Friday. Before they left the building Heejin came to Mrs. Lim in proud steps. "I finished an episode today Mrs. Lim." She said.

"Alright, I could really sense the excitement from your side. You don't have to come to me announcing that." Their team manager shook her head at Heejin before they all headed out the building.

Upon being out of the company building, Mrs. Lim stopped on her steps and said. "You guys know we're having the dinner tomorrow right?"

Her subordinates nodded. "I know you guys don't even have to be reminded about it. I bet you all have it marked on your calendars." Mrs. Lim laughed. "Even I'm excited for it. But for now, let's call it a night. See you all tomorrow." The team manager waved goodbye and the others returned her words before she left.

Nathan bid everyone goodbye but even before he could say goodbye to Miseo, she's already missing by his side.

Where did she go? He looked around and heard her voice in a few distance away.

"Oh, Jongin you parked here today?" Miseo said talking to Jongin who's out of his car waiting for her. "In front of my company's building?"

"Why don't I always?" Jongin asked. "You sound surprised."

True, he used to but he still doesn't know that I see how often he parks across the street near the diner.

"Oh yeah you do." She replied, then asked. "Are we not having dinner?"

I'm prepared to hear him say that he wants to eat dinner at the diner. Miseo thought.

"Well, are you hungry?" He asked.

"I'm not. Are you?" She returned the question.

"Same here. Let's just go straight home." Jongin said, so they got in the car and sped off. "I have something to tell you on the way too."

Nathan stood there sullen at the sight he just witnessed. 

Why does that guy look familiar to me? Nathan thought.

 

The company dinner party.

Everyone's mouth is busy with either eating or chattering with topics unrelated to work as they gathered around in a table at a beef and soju place. Miseo is just on her seat busy with the tongs in her hand grilling the meat as she's attentively li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter