TSR: Chapter 11

Through Strawberries and Raspberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In excited steps, I left the printer room holding a warm newly printed resume in my hands then headed to Mrs. Lim's table.

"Mrs. Lim~" I sang, calling my team manager.

"Yes, Writer Bong?" She replied not bothering to look at me as she was busy reading something on her desktop screen.

"I asked the HR department about the updates on hiring a part-timer. They said they already received a few emails but they're still checking their credentials." 

"Yes, I heard this morning." She said sternly with eyes busy, still at her desktop screen.

"But look what I have." I waved the paper in my hand in front of my chest trying to catch her attention, to which didn't work as she was still occupied with what she was doing. I then added, "I finally found a recruit for the part-time job."

Mrs. Lim's eyes grew bigger in surprise but still not leaving the lit screen in front of her. "Nice, you can leave it here." She made space on her desk for me to leave the paper on, and patted the empty spot. "I'll check on it later."

"Please make sure you do Mrs. Lim. I read some of his works and he's really good." I said, emphasizing the word 'really'. "There's a link for his works written there too, please check them out when you have time." I placed the paper which I held dearly ever so carefully.

"Okay, just leave it there." She is still busy, but this time she took one from the pile of papers and flipped through them while shifting her eyes back to the screen.

Mrs. Lim's too busy. She might forget about the CV. I'll just remind her later if ever. I made a mental note before heading back to my own desk.

 

The next day. I couldn't write more episodes as my thoughts still wandered off if Mrs. Lim noticed the resume I placed on her desk. It slipped off my mind to remind her yesterday about it. I peeked from my side to check up on the resume and it's still left untouched on her desk. I panicked, she still didn't see it yet. I stood up to approach her but made a U-turn upon seeing her extra busier than yesterday.  I was back on my chair again. 

Let's not bother our team manager Miseo. She's busy herself and so are you.

I pulled myself closer towards my desk as if it could help me concentrate on work but I just ended up staring at the screen that is closer to me now. I let out a sigh, played with my fingers over the computer keyboard, making typing sounds but wasn't really doing anything. I really am trying my best to focus and write, but all I could think about is the resume on Mrs. Lim's table. I leaned back on my chair to give myself a little stretch, but then my office chair voluntarily rotated having Mrs. Lim be in my field of vision.

No Miseo. Don't even think about troubling her. Pull yourself together!

Before I could help myself face back on my desktop and mind my own business, I noticed Mrs. Lim didn't have her unicorn mug which has her usual hot coffee. Let me just make her one and ask her briefly. I'll make it quick.

I went to the pantry and grabbed her unicorn mug to make her coffee. We'll just ask really quick then be back working on the episode, okay Miseo? I talked to myself while I prepared the coffee. Once it was ready I gave the hot drink to Mrs. Lim by placing it on her table. She didn't seem to notice my presence so I fanned the steam coming from the coffee towards her with my hand, trying not to surprise her with my turn up. Mrs. Lim's nose flared, I think she smelt the coffee already. I hurriedly hid my hands behind my back when her eyes caught the coffee on her table then shifted to me.

"Aw, you made me coffee?" She asked looking at me. "Is this like a pay back from last time?"

"Not really." I think she was talking about the time she made me coffee when I was too focused on working because of Jongin. "I just noticed you don't have your unicorn mug on your desk. I know you live for coffee especially in times of stress like this." I said.

"You know me too much, thanks Bong PD." She gave a warm smile before taking a sip from her coffee but I still didn't move from my position.

"Do you have anything you want to say?" My team manager asked, now placing the mug on her desk.

"Actually I do have, it's about the resume I talked to you about yesterday." I had my hands behind my back, swinging my body back and forth in tip toes, excited to hear her reply.

"What resume?"

Ah... I think I paused for a minute with my mouth agape, shocked from her response. 

"The one about the part-timer..." I awkwardly said then tugged on the said resume that sat on her table.

"Oh this." She sounded surprised. "I guess I was so busy yesterday. I don't even remember you placed this on my desk." 

Not only did I place it on your desk, I talked to you about it too.

"I'll check it later once I finish this." She pointed her finger on her screen pertaining to the work that she'll finish first. "Thanks for the coffee again."

 

Few more days have passed, and the resume is still left untouched. I purposely take breaks from work just to pass by and peek through Mrs. Lim's table. I really need a co-writer so bad. Especially now, I'm out of ideas. And all I have in mind is getting myself a part-time co-writer. I keep coming back and forth to Mrs. Lim's table, yet she still hasn't noticed my busy feet around her but Rocky did. He pulled me in to the pantry to seat across me as he's taking his lunch.

"Might want to keep me company and have lunch rather than slacking on work by stalking Mrs. Lim." Rocky said offering me the emergency sandwich that he just heated.

I laughed and didn't refuse his offer. I didn't prepare lunch for myself anyways. "Thanks for this but hey I'm not stalking her."

"Then what was that for?"

I told him about the resume and he laughed at me. "You know Mrs. Lim when she's busy. I think you have to give up on that recruit you got and just wait for the HR department." He said.

I looked at the empty desk beside mine from the pantry, it's the desk by which Minji previously occupied before she left me alone to work on her story. Not gonna lie, I'm kinda losing hope. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter