TSR: Chapter 3

Through Strawberries and Raspberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I dropped my head over the desk frustrated. "Ugh, ideas come to me please." I massaged my aching head.

"Writer Bong," My team manager called. "Have you noticed the time?"

I rubbed my eyes then glanced over the clock by my desk.

"What?!" I shrieked. It's already a few minutes past 8 in the evening.

"I guess you saw that right. Have some rest for now and you proceed tomorrow." Mrs. Lim advised.

With my head resting over my hand, I just stared at her with droopy eyes. "Yes, team manager."

Wasn't she the one who wanted three episode scripts by this week? Yet she wants me to rest, I'm getting confused.

"Do you know you're the only one in the office. Everybody left already." She said.

"But you're still here team manager." Without saying a word she brought her bag up to my vision, and from the way it is packed, it looks pretty much ready to leave the office with Mrs. Lim.

"Have some rest so you'll be fresh for tomorrow. Remember, I need those by next week okay? See you tomorrow!" She beamed before leaving me in the poor lit office.

How am I supposed to finish this by the end of the week? I'm still on episode one and I've been working on this for three days already. It's not that I slacked off or anything, I started with the concept and flow of the whole series first. Planning the content of each of the 16 episodes first as a whole, then started writing episode one, which is where I am currently stuck in.

I sighed. "Boy, I'm tired." And gave myself a good stretch.

My phone vibrated from my desk. It was Jongin.

"Hello?"

"Goodness Miseo, this is the tenth ring and you just noticed it now?" He sounded worried.

"Sorry I was trying to focus, I didn't see your calls. Are you done?"

I heard him sigh. "Obviously yeah, you know I end work before 8pm. Anyways, I'm actually parked at your office. Wanna have some dinner out?"

"Oh my," I remember the time and rushed to pack my bag. "give me three minutes." I dropped the call.

Before heading to where he parked, I put on a good amount of raspberry cologne. I'm doing my best to avoid the strawberry scent I get when I'm with Jongin. My heart just goes crazy whenever I'm with that guy. After spraying, I returned the bottle back to my bag and headed straight out to meet Jongin.

Upon reaching my best friend's car, I was greeted by my favorite strawberry scent. No matter how much I cover myself with cologne, I will always be welcomed with that sweet strawberry scent that accompanies Jongin. 

Oh my dear heart would you just stop that!

I saw him smiling at me through the window. But he didn't look as bright as I expected himself to be. "Yo," I elbowed Jongin, "really sorry I didn't notice your calls, but you shouldn't have waited for me and definitely not for this long." I whined feeling guilty not seeing his calls he probably waited long.

Why didn't he just head straight back home...

"Nah, no worries. I thought you'd be done early so I came but you kept ignoring my calls. I eventually took an hour long nap, it's fine though." He sounds salty but the next sentence made me happy, making me less guilty. "I really wanted to grab dinner with you. It's been months since the last time." Jongin then started driving.

"Sorry, you look so tired." He really did look tired, I pouted as my guilt came rushing back. Ugh. I dropped my head down convicted and stared at my hands holding them back from caressing his face. "You're probably starving from all the waiting."

"You really have good eyes." He stated.

I scoffed, "I'll pay for dinner."

"Yo thanks! You know me too well, Miseo." He suddenly beamed.

Well, when did I never pay for our dinner? Tch.

"Hey, do you like the new freshener I got for the car? I was actually kinda waiting for a compliment or at least a comment. I don't think you noticed." Jongin looked at me for a second then back to the road.

"Hm?" My eyes wandered around the car, and eventually spotted the small packet that is placed in his car's air conditioner. "Ah, yeah yeah." I said, hopefully I didn't sound too awkward because I couldn't even smell a thing. I kept looking at the box trying to figure out what it's supposed to smell like. Acting to read the instructions or what nots I finally found the scent and it read, mint, in a small font.

"What's with the sudden accessory though?"

"From time to time, I would drop off one of my colleague back home before picking you up, and he would always complain about my car having this overpowering smell of raspberries." He chuckled then lifted a brow, giving me a side glance.

I directed my eyes to the window and bit my lip. Don't blame me, I'm trying just my best to mask the strawberry scent coming from you Jongin. 

"He always asked if I was dating someone haha. Goodness that tall guy." I chuckled along with him. "He even asked me to set him up with someone."

"I guess, some people don't care about soulmates, huh."

 

"Auntie, another set of beef please! Thank you!" Jongin yelled as he continually munched on the wrap he made.

My hands were busy grilling the meat, "I see how you're taking revenge." I spoke cutting the meat into smaller pieces.

He just shrugged at me before thank the elderly woman who placed down his order. "Grill some of these too." He ordered pushing the raw meat closer to me.

"Ugh, slow down will you? I only had one wrap till n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter