TSR: Chapter 2

Through Strawberries and Raspberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback.

I heard my mom outside of my room once I woke up. "How sweet of you, Jongin." Her voice sang.

"He really insisted to get out of the house early and buy her a rose."  I heard Jongin's mom reply.

"Mom it's her birthday and let alone her thirteenth. How can I not give her anything as her best friend? This is the day she's turning a teenager. I wanna make it special." He defended.

"Alright, we get your point Jongin. Haha, just wait for her to be up." Dad said. Since I'm already awake, I tidied my bed first before I freshened up to meet them at the living room.

"Good morning darling!" Mom opened her arms to engulf me in a hug. "Sissy, let's get breakfast ready." Jongin's mom suggested leaving for the kitchen.

"Miseo," He said ever so innocently, "happy birthday!" Jongin stretched his arm towards me that held the red rose - which he hid from behind.

"Thanks Jongin. I never got a rose before!" Not yet grabbing the flower from his hand, I hugged him tight. "Thank you! You're so sweet. I feel special." I chuckled letting go of him and taking a grip of the flower.

"Anything for you baby girl." My cheeks grew pink. And I'm not sure if it was because of his words or because of how red the rose was.

I cleared my throat and asked, "But why is it red?" I stared at the rose.

"Didn't you know you're supposed to give a red rose to someone you love? Why give it to me? Shouldn't you reserve it for a special someone?"

"I didn't know. I just chose the perfect rose from the shop. And I always knew how you loved strawberries and raspberries which are also red. So yeah, I guess it ended up that way." He smiled, proud of himself.

I just stared at his sparkly eyes and nodded. "Thanks."

"I love you as my dearest anyways. You're welcome best friend." He flashed a warm smile at me, to which I returned with a bigger one.

Auntie and Mom went out of the kitchen singing happy birthday to me while she held a cupcake that had a lit candle on top of it. Once they were both in front of me, the song ended.

"Blow the candle." Auntie said.

"Don't forget to wish!" Jongin hurriedly stated before I blew the candle. 

I did not make a wish as usual. I never believed that they'd ever come true, though Jongin always told me they would and wishing upon a falling star does too. It feels childish and irrational to me. Don't judge me.

 

Ever since I turned 13 he became nicer, more caring and extra protective of me. And out of the blue I started to grow feelings for him.

Since our high school is just around the corner, we would only walk a few meters off to school and back. He made sure I got back home safe all the time, he even brings me an extra scarf and gloves during winter, just for me.

I was fifteen. We were both heading home as it started snowing. "Jongin, look it's snowing!"

I pulled the glove off and let the snow land on my warm hand. Enjoying this, I turned to Jongin excitedly. "What are you doing Jongin? It's the first snow look!"

He was busy with his bag, then pulled out a knitted scarf from the inside. "Have this. Cover yourself up, it's gonna get colder." 

"The jacket is good enough, no worries." I refused. Not only was the jacket good enough but my blushed tomato face was enough to heat up my shivering frame.

"I don't take no for an answer, wear it. I don't want your mom and dad worrying about you being sick." He wrapped the scarf around me. "And neither do I want you sick." He added and walked on ahead of me.

I stood there with my heart rapidly pacing and my mind running.

Did I hear that right?

He cares about me right?

Right?

I shook my head. No Miseo, wake up! That's your best friend! Of course he'd care for you. .

I jogged to match his pace and muttered a small thank you for him not to hear my trembling voice.

"Good thing I always pack an extra scarf in case of emergencies like this." He patted his chest being proud and I chuckled at him. Isn't he just precious?

I glanced at him by my side, how can I not like him? He's just so caring and understanding, making it easy for me to fall for him. An unnoticed smile crept up my thin cold lips but got brushed off when he called my name, pulling me back to reality.

"Yeah?"

"Samantha found her soulmate." He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter