TSR: Chapter 13

Through Strawberries and Raspberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Upon seeing Nathan at the door, the raspberry scent that kept lingering slipped off my mind because all I could think of is the email I sent him about the interview that he still hasn't replied back to. I really need to talk to him regarding that.

I helped Nathan in by getting the box of cake from him to place it in the kitchen as he removed his slippers off before getting inside. Ravi who's in the kitchen greeted him and his wife Megan who came from I don't know where greeted him too.

I thought she was in the kitchen with Fiona preparing lunch? I just shrugged my shoulders and went back to the living room. Nathan was looking at me while I head back to the sofa as I sat down but he diverted his eyes quickly by admiring the interior of the house.

Was he looking at me then avoided my gaze?

I raised a brow as I watched his his tall figure roam around the living room.

"Hey Ravi, I remember when I helped you guys in. The house didn't look like this." Nathan recalled the time he helped the couple when they moved in. "It used to look like a mess and disorganized, but look at this interior! Your wife is really amazing." Nathan said giving a thumbs up at her who is now in the kitchen. She then thanked him.

"Well of course she is, she's my wife." Ravi said as he placed the drinks down at the coffee table. Taemin and I thanked him in unison but my eyes continued to trail at the tall guy as I grabbed the cup of water. "You want anything to drink Nathan?" Ravi offered.

"I'm good bro, thanks." He said then Ravi went back to the kitchen to help Megan and Fiona.

Taemin nudged me then whispered. "Didn't you say you were waiting for his email reply? Why don't you go ask him about it?" Then took a sip from his orange juice drink.

"Right."

I just don't know how to bring it up to him when he entered. The scent kinda distracted me, I finished my drink and stood up.

"Hey Nathan." I tapped him on the shoulder. "May I talk to you for a moment?"

This guy sure is hella tall. I'm considered to be in the average height for women but this guys height is too much, I feel like I'm looking up at him when I talk. 

"Sure. What is it about?" He asked.

I cleared my throat and whispered. "I mean privately." ...not in the middle of the living room, I wanted to add.

He apologized between chuckles probably reading my thoughts then lead us to a small hallway that has a door to the toilet by the left and a door that lead to the master's bedroom by the end. As we both got there, I could smell sweet strawberries once again. Most likely because Jongin is occupying the toilet near us.

But I could still sense a hint of that raspberry fragrance.

"You wanted to tell me something." Nathan started.

"Yeah, it's about the-" I was cut off when Jongin got out of the toilet.

"Excuse me-." He excused himself to pass between us but halted.

"Oh?" Jongin said in a surprise making me turn to him but he didn't say anything. He just had playful eyes looking towards me.

What?! I mentally asked hoping that my telepathic message would reach him.

Nathan also looked at Jongin trying to figure out what he wanted to say. "Nah, just surprised to see you here." Jongin shifted his eyes to Nathan then stretched an arm out to give a hand shake.

"Nice to meet you again." Nathan smiled as I just stood in between the two tall men. Jongin then turned to look at me before passing by to leave. Can't really tell what that look meant, if he's teasing me or giving me a warning. I almost smacked him but he has already gone to the living room.

I'm in a middle of a serious business talk here.

As he passed by and left, I could smell the strawberry scent got stronger when he was near then faded as he went to the living room to be replaced by stronger sweet raspberries but had a hint of strawberries.

Raspberries?

I turned my head towards Jongin's retreating back. I'm smelling raspberries for sure. I thought, then heard Jongin's faint voice from a distance.

"Hey Megan, did you light up a scented candle or anything?"

"Yeah, I did. Why?" I heard Megan's voice in a very low volume as she was in the kitchen.

"Nothing really. I'm guessing is it raspberries, isn't it?" Jongin asked.

"Oh wow, didn't know you'd be good with scents. Yes it is raspberry. I just think the scent suits the vibe right now." She reasoned.

"I'm not really good with scents, but you can tell raspberry is Miseo's favorite and she always wears that cologne. I got really used to it or you could say got tired of it, so I kind of figured out." He explained.

Oh, so the scented candles' giving that strong raspberry scent. I thought I was smelling weird things again just like back in the wedding.

Nathan snapped his fingers at me, "Miseo back to earth? Didn't you say you wanted to have a word from me." he brought me back from my thoughts.

"Oh yes, sorry got really distracted over something." I brushed my thoughts away. "Yeah, I don't know if you've seen the email I sent you yesterday about the interview."

"The email... Actually I saw your email but..." He sheepishly scratched the back of his head.

Okay? What's up with the pauses? He saw my email then why didn't he reply?

"To be honest I don't know what to reply back. You see coincidentally, I have an interview on Monday at the same time. I already emailed back to that company that I'm coming." He explained.

"Oh..." I was speechless for a second.

I felt downcast as if I didn't get in my dream workplace and my world has fallen. I thought I'm getting myself a co-writer already. I guess I have to let go of Nathan who has such great potential and leave the hiring to the HR. I did so much effort for Mrs. Lim to notice his resume, though.

"It's alright, I guess there's nothing left to do with that." I let out a sigh.

 

Sunday afternoon. It's my regular clean up day at home and I'm really feeling lethargic today, so I decided to just do my chores for today. It's just the laundry and the sizzling sound from pan that killed the tranquility of the day.

As I eat, my mind can't stop from thinking about Nathan and how my opportunity to get a co-writer is gone. He's so fit for the work though. I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter