TSR: Chapter 14

Through Strawberries and Raspberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I got home after hanging out with Lily. I'm so tired, I even got a pounding headache.

I believe it's from the revelation from Lily got me thinking now that it's confirmed.

She gets roses from Jongin.

So that concludes that Jongin really did smell mint from Lily the first time we met her at the diner.

If they're soulmates for each other, then what am I to him now? I hate this. Here I am again thinking the same thoughts. I feel like I'm standing in the middle of a road waiting for nothing.

He doesn't smell anything special from me... Or does he?

Lily said that she doesn't want to be in a relationship with Jongin though, I don't know if that's better. Should I have them kiss each other instead so Lily gets rid of the scent? That still doesn't change the fact that they're still soulmates. 

"...Could you do me a favor and tell him I'm not ready for a relationship yet, please?" I remember Lily said.

'Not yet ready'. Then it means she'll still go for him when she's ready. Is that what it means?

And even if I have them kiss each other, Jongin would still have the strawberry scent with him and it's not like the mint scent will come from me that I'll be his soulmate in her place.

"Argh!! Destiny, you're making me look like a fool! Why does it have to be me that you're gonna make an error with? I feel like I'm a plot hole in your make up story! I'd appreciate to have some flowers and butterflies in my stomach too, not just being broken hearted all the time!" I screamed both in sadness and annoyance from my misery.

I knitted my brows from frustration trying to calm down as I let out a sigh. "Ah, who am I even talking to? I even look more like a lunatic now." I let out another sigh but yet again, I'm still drowned into my messed up thoughts. I couldn't help but go to bed in tears with the pain of reality by my side.

 

Hearing the birds chirping from the window by my bed and feeling the sunrays peeking through the curtain glaring at my sleepy eyes, I woke up thinking its a beautiful early morning after that awful night. What time is it? I checked the time from my phone that was on the nightstand.

"9:20am?!" I jolted up my bed and found myself falling on the floor with a heavy headache as if I'm having a hangover.

I groaned rubbing my head from the piercing headache. I don't know what time did I get to sleep last night from overthinking and now I overslept. I brought myself up to sit back on my bed and checked my phone for notifications.

Jongin 16 missed calls

Heejin 5 missed

Mrs. Lim 2 missed calls

My eyes grew bigger towards the last notification. "I'm so dead."

I said then looking at myself at the mirror. "I look like a mess. Am I even able to go to work?" My face is swollen from crying and my voice is hoarse probably from yelling my frustrations out last night. 

I opened my phone to send a message to Mrs. Lim saying I'll take a leave today but I saw an unread message coming from Jongin.

From: Jongin

Hey sleepyhead. I don't know if you're still home or you went straight to work without telling me. I was calling you and you're not even answering. I even ringed the bell at your door when I arrived to pick you up this morning. But your doorbell is still not fixed, so I don't really know if you're still home or you already went to work. Call or text me back when you see this.

To: Miseo

I ignored his message for now and proceeded to text my dear team manager. For sure she'll be mad at me for not leaving a notice. As I was writing my text message, my phone started to vibrate noting that I'm receiving a call and speaking of... it's Mrs. Lim herself.

"Hello Writer Bong. Where are you?" She said sternly.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Lim, I just woke up. I'm not feeling very well." My voice kind of cracked in the end. It wasn't on purpose though.

"May I take a day off today? I don't think I will be even able to write today in this condition."

"What? Writer Bong, there are still deadlines for you to meet and you know that there's an interview today too, right? The one for your co-writer."

"No worries Mrs. Lim, I'm an episode ahead for the deadline. I think you can open up my desktop if you want to check them and also I can work on some of the scripts here at home on my laptop."

If I can.

"And about the interview... The one I recruited didn't reply back." I said trying to hide my sullen voice. Jongin and Lily is enough pain for me then we have to add Nathan on top of all that... "I don't think so we can proceed with the interview."

"I kind of hinted that your recruit didn't reply since you didn't update me during the weekend. But the HR department just told me this morning they have one guy ready for the interview later at 2pm. I think it's best for you to be here during that time, so you'll know if he's gonna be fit for you, and be able to teach him some basic stuffs about the plot and stuffs." Mrs. Lim said.

"Can I pass for today Mrs. Lim? I'm really not feeling well. I'll just leave it to the HR department's hands to decided whether to hire him or not." I said in a low voice since I could feel my headache punching in.

"Alright, I'm not gonna force you to work since you're not very well right now. No pressure. Take some rest, get well, and drink your meds too. We don't want you to get even more sick." Mrs. Lim said in concern. "I cannot guarantee that I'll be there for the interview with the HR since I'm pretty packed with work right now. But I'll let you know for any updates. Are we good?"

"Yes. Thank you, Mrs. Lim." I bid her and hang up the call.

Thank God she let me rest. To be honest now, I don't really care who's gonna work with me for the script. Having someone is all that matters to me now. I would like to write a few things for the script later this afternoon but at this state I don't even think that I will be able to. I checked my phone for the last time to see if I missed out any notification. And there's one message.

From: Jongin

Hello, it's already 10am I'm still not getting a reply~ Are you still alive? :o

Then another one came in not a minute later.

Are you ignoring me? Hello?

To: Miseo

After reading his text message, I dropped my phone on the soft cushions of my bed from shock because this guy started calling me. I'm not ready to accept his call. I'm not ready to hear his voice yet. After a few rings and me holding myself back, the call finally turned off.

From: Miseo

I just woke up from your recent call, it's not that I'm ignoring you.
I overslept today, I'm not feeling very well. I'll just be home resting so don't worry about me.
Thanks for the wake up call though.

To: Jongin

Yes, that first line was a lie. I left my room with my phone on my bed and decided to make myself some porridge in the kitchen. I don't want to make my condition worse and talking to him is one of the causes of my headaches.

 

Later that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter