TSR: Chapter 16

Through Strawberries and Raspberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nathan Seo? In our company? I almost gasped when I saw him.

Mrs. Lim ushered Nathan to stand by me then clapped her hands to catch everyone's attention in the office. "Guys, this is Nathan Seo. Writer Bong's temporary co-writer. He'll be with us for a few months."

Nathan greeted the others politely and they welcomed him by introducing themselves. We're not a lot in the company but if they introduce themselves this way, I'm not sure how is Nathan going to be able to familiarize their names.

"I remember introducing myself to you a while ago but then again incase you'd forget, I'm Mrs. Lim." She said then stretched her hand out for Nathan to shake. "We're pleased to have you in our company. So Writer Bong, you can tell him where his desk would be and all. And I will be back to my work. Good luck!" She cheered at both of us before heading towards her desk.

Now with being left with Nathan standing near the door I told him to come follow me to his desk. "This will be your work station. Have your stuffs settled here, you can have you files stocked there too if you want." I informed him.

I gave him some time to arrange his things before touring him around the office. Informing him to where things would be seemed to be the right thing to do when he's gonna work with us for a few months. I taught him a few more things about the company as we got back to our desk.

"Got it?" I asked.

"Yup, thank you."

"Be comfortable Nathan. Don't treat yourself as a part-timer but as a full time employee in the company. You're not far of different from us, you'll be treated the same way your co-workers are bring treated by Mrs. Lim. She may be scary sometimes so brace yourself. She expects excellency and full devotion when it comes to work." I advised and gave him a tap on his shoulder.

"Wow, Writer Bong. You don't have to act so superior towards me." He laughed. "You were so casual with me the last time we met. You sound really different now that we're at work."

I cleared my throat before replying. "Professionalism Nathan. We have to respect that during work too you know." I said then turned my office chair so I could open the script up and tell him about the plot and the flow of the series that we're going to write together.

"Oh, she's strict." He playfully said. "Come on, we're friends before this."

This guy can be really talkative.

"Alright, random question. Please answer me honestly. Is my cologne strong? Liked does the scent bother you? Does it make you lightheaded? And are you okay with perfumes?" I don't really know what to bring up, so I asked him that instead.

I got bothered from how everyone talked about my perfume being so strong as soon as they entered the office. So I'm concerned about Nathan as he will be working so close to me.

He sniffed around me like a little puppy that caused me to squeeze myself deep on my office chair.

He didn't have to go smell me like that to confirm. "I think your cologne's just fine. And don't worry about me, I'm good with perfumes."

"Okay. Thanks." I remember going to the restroom earlier to wipe off the excess raspberry cologne on me.

But why do I feel like the scent just got stronger? Ah, whatever. I think it's from the amount of cologne I sprayed this morning, now even I cannot tell.

"By the way, how come you didn't tell me that you're gonna do the interview in our company?" I turned back to him but now with my arms crossed over my chest waiting for the file to open on my desktop and his answer.

"I didn't even know that the interview I came in would be the same one with yours. You never stated the name nor the location of your company in the email." He reasoned with his face plastering a 'duh?' look.

Oh right, I didn't give him my business card during the wedding and I didn't even write those details in the follow up email. So unprofessional of me.

"Oops, my bad." I raised my hand to cover my face, hiding my embarrassment.

"It's alright." Nathan chuckled. "What a coincidence, we still ended up working with each other. As if it's destined or something."

Hearing him say the word destiny reminded me of Jongin and Lily.

I pushed those thoughts at the corner of my mind as I'm still in work and I would like to focus. I'm working on getting over with them too.

I just smiled at Nathan ignoring my thoughts. "Then we expect you to work hard then since destiny brought you here." I don't know if what I said even made sense.

What am I saying...

 

It's lunch time and most of us were gathered in the pantry to eat. I decided to join the group since I would want them to get to know Nathan better so that he'll be comfortable in the company. But I don't think I had to do that since he's doing well on his own as a social flower himself.

How can I forget, he was with us in the category of close friends with Megan and Ravi even though they only knew each other for a few months.

"I heard from Miseo you're a freelancing webtoon artist. Do mind sharing the story with me? Miseo said the story's really good." Rocky asked. 

"Of course, I really love it when people find interest on my work. Thanks for sharing the word out for me." Nathan nudged me as I ate my lunch.

"Glad to know I don't have to advertise my own webtoon now. Would you like to receive commissions for that?" Nathan jested.

I would love to accept some extra income but wait... Why does it feel like he's way too comfortable with me? I just raised a brow at the guy.

He just laughed then turned to talk with Rocky. "I'll send the link to you through chat Rocky. Oh wait, I don't have your number yet."

With that Nathan gave his phone to Rocky for him to type in his digits.

"If you guys don't mind, you can share your numbers with me too. Since we're all going to be working together for a while. I like keeping contact." He beamed, gesturing the others to save their numbers on his device.

Nathan for sure is the equivalent of an extrovert.

Heejin and Sara agreed looking really excited. I never found them this excited aside from them visiting the shooting set and seeing a couple of their favorite actors. This guy really is out going, look at him attract all this attention my himself. I thought.

Might be from the looks too. For his height and appearance, I wouldn't say that he looks bad.

"Hey, do you think we're going to have a company dinner together to welcome our newbie Nathan?" Henry wondered while he played with his brows, excited at the idea.

"Ooooh yeah, we haven't done that in a while. The last one was two years ago when Rocky joined us." Sara said.

"No, we did a farewell party when Minji left. You guys might have forgotten." I corrected.

"Excuse me, we did a recent one when the series me and Steve are working on increased it's ratings. You might have forgotten that little celebration we had." Heejin said with an evident frown.

Oops, I kind of forgot about that, not gonna lie.

"But that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to have a get together dinner." Heejin confessed with her hands clasped.

The others agreed.

"Should I go tell Mrs. Lim?" Nathan suggested about to stand up and go inform her. That is such a blunt move but he really said it in an innocent manner.

"..."

None of us were able to reply at his retort. We have never witnessed a newbie suggest to have a company dinner to welcome himself.

Nathan's ears grew red probably realizing what he just said. I chuckled breaking the awkward atmosphere. "Don't worry I'll handle it later with Mrs. Lim." I grabbed his arm to let him sit back beside me.

We continued to eat our lunch silently since we all have to return back to work. In between the sounds of us munching on our food, Mrs. Lim's heels clicked on the floor hinting her arrival in the pantry.

"Mrs. Lim. Here, you can seat on my place. I just finished." Steve said tidying up his place be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter