TSR: Chapter 5

Through Strawberries and Raspberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I just love relaxing on my weekend. Specially on a Saturday afternoon. My kind of weekend relaxation is a walk around the neighborhood, since staying in my room for the whole day can be really suffocating. Although I like being active in my afternoons, I give myself plenty of rest and allow myself to lazy around in the morning.

It's nice to be idle for quite some time in the morning since I've been going to work earlier than usual. I realized how nice it is to just slow down and pay attention to my surroundings, not only does it give me a sense of relief but also makes me feel a lot more in control of my pace.

I'm taking my walk to be inspired enough to finish these first three episodes that are eating my brain up. Not to brag about myself, I'm gifted with a creative mind that just consistently produces very good ideas without much effort but there are times where I do get mentally blocked too. And that's where I stand as of this moment.

Anyways, I was out alone enjoying the summer breeze when I received a call from Taemin saying that he wanted to hangout like the old days. But unfortunately, two out of the four members of the gang were busy. Jongin was in his sister's place, babysitting his niece and nephew for the summer break while Ravi was busy doing I don't know what. So, it ended up with just me and Taemin chilling in a cafe near his place.

"Have you heard anything from Ravi?" I asked Taemin who sat across me taking a sip of his coffee.

"Yeah, I called him a while ago, because I wanted to hangout. But he's been really busy preparing for his wedding. You know, it's coming the following week."

I furrowed my brows in surprise at Taemin's reply. He said it so casually as if it was 'Ravi is eating a sandwich'.

He's getting married already and without me knowing? What?

Seeing my expression, Taemin asked. "Why? Didn't you get the invitation?"

"The hell? He's getting married already?" I said aloud with a surprised tone that had a hint of disappointment. "And what invitation? If the invitation reached me then I definitely would have known about it."

"Wow Miseo, are you even for real? Did you know that he already found his soulmate? I mean, you should know that at least."

"Excuse me Taemin, I know that bit of news, okay? I'm not that outdated." I remember Ravi mentioning about it, but I don't exactly recall when. "I just didn't know that he's getting married that fast. Like bro... next week? Isn't that too soon? I mean, it's just their reason of them getting married in such a hurry is beyond me."

Taemin just smacked his lips agreeing then said. "Right. By the way, Ravi sent the invitation through email."

"Oh by email?" No wonder. I laughed while taking my phone out to search for the wedding invitation. After scrolling deep through my inbox that had many emails from work and some spam emails too, I found it. "My bad, I just opened it. But who on earth sends their wedding invitation through email these days? Are they trying to cut back on paper and save trees? I was about to miss it from the amount of work emails I have."

"Such a workaholic woman." Taemin shook his head at me and let out a sigh. There was an awkward pause then he started speaking again. "But you know, I can't help but to agree with you when you said something about him getting married too fast though."

I lifted my head up from my phone to face him. "What, I didn't say that. I just never thought that the wedding would come this fast. Like come on, next week? Are they so in love that they can't even wait?"

"But isn't that the exact same thing?" He raised a brow at me.

"Errr, that wasn't my point though. But what do you mean to say, I feel like you know something I don't. Spill it." I said, all ears ready to listen.

"Well obviously, you didn't even know there was a wedding in the first place. So most likely I know more than you do." He laughed at that of course to tease me but continued on. "You know they just met roughly about seven months ago. Then they started dating the next day they met." Taemin paused to look at me... Oddly, it looked like he was hiding something, and that something's kinda huge.

Fishy.

"Please do me a favor to not tell a living soul, not even Jongin. I'm gonna spill all the tea today like there's no tomorrow and I don't want regret telling you what I am about to say." He was practically begging at this point, it looked like he almost got on his knees. Okay that was too much Miseo, just listen to the boy.

I chucked shaking my head at him. Keeping secrets is one of my strengths and specialties. It could almost be my middle name. Again Miseo, just shut up and listen. 

I composed myself then said. "I got nervous over nothing. Sure, don't worry. Whatever it is, it's safe with me." I tapped my chest to reassure Taemin.

"Thanks." He sighed in relief. "So yeah, honestly in my perspective, it's ridiculously fast to get married right after knowing each other for less than a year. Again, in my opinion. Falling in love that fast? And so suddenly? Imagine, it probably went like: 'Oh you smell like my favorite scent in the world! So now I love you! Let's get married by the end of this year.' Doesn't that sound silly? But then who am I to talk, right? I might be too harsh but it's just that I don't believe in this whole soulmate thing. Not even in love at first sight. We'll it's not that I don't believe in it... it's just the thought that doesn't sit right with me. And also, the fact that it never happened to me yet, so then again who am I to talk about all these."

I didn't even know Taemin was walking around with that kind of mindset all this time. It's not like him.

"Wow, I didn't expect that coming from the Lee Taemin himself. Wasn't it you, Jongin and Ravi, the ones who used to be so obsessed on finding your other halves? You guys were like soulmate this, soulmate that..." I said while recalling the simpler days. Not an exaggeration, those three dudes were so into this soulmate thing and were so eager to find 'the one'. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter