Business Trip

The Second Snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#6 – Business Trip

 

“Do you really have to go?” Sakura asked, pouting.

Eunbi was dressing up in front of the mirror. Putting on her white coat and fixed the sleeves of her shirt. She turned to her wife who was sitting on the bed, sulking.

“It’s just 3 days. I have to head back to Seoul HQ and give the report on the Tokyo branch. I’ll be back soon,” she replied.

Sakura sighed, “It’s three days without you. How am I supposed to live?”

“I offered you to come with me, but you said you can’t.”

“I’m swamped at work, my boss won’t let me take any leave.”

“That’s why I told you to quit and work in my company. Your wife owns a branch.”

Sakura looked away, disgruntled. It’s not that she didn’t want to, but Eunbi’s family making it difficult. She really do not want to be labeled as a girl who marries someone just for money and position.

Eunbi walked to Sakura and caressed her hair; she put one hand under her chin and lift her head up, so that the younger girl would be looking at her.

“It’s just three days, love. I’ll be back before you know it.”

“I’m gonna miss you so bad.”

“I’m going to miss you too.”

Eunbi leaned down and kissed her forehead and the crown of her head affectionately.

“Come, walk me to the door,” she said, pulling her up.

Sakura walked lazily to the door, holding Eunbi’s hand. They stood in front of the door, saying goodbyes.

“I’ll be back before you know it,” Eunbi said, squeezing her wife’s hand.

Sakura pouted, “Kiss me.”

The older girl put one hand behind Sakura’s head and pressed her lips on hers firmly. Sakura kissed her back, sliding her tongue in, wanting more than just a goodbye peck. She wrapped her arms around Eunbi’s body and sneaked one hand under her coat. Eunbi pulled away from the kiss and stopped her hand.

“No,” she said.

“I’m gonna be late for my flight.”

Sakura sulked, “How am I going to sleep without you by my side?”

“You ignored me for the whole weekend last week to play games, remember? I think you’ll do just fine.”

“What am I going to eat?”

“You’re the house chef.”

“Don’t you love me anymore?” Sakura asked suddenly.

Eunbi sighed, “Oh Kkura-ya, it’s a business trip. Stop being dramatic.”

Sakura pouted, “You’re so cruel.”

Eunbi cupped her face, “I’m gonna be back soon, love. And then we’ll catch up on… our three days of being away.”

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

“Buy me some of the spicy ramyun.”

“Okay.”

“I love you.”

“I love you more.”

 

As soon as her wife was out the door, a smile crept up on Sakura’s face.

She’s proud of herself, all the acting lessons from high school are finally paying off. She ran to the storage room, took out her game console and all her equipment, and placed them on rug in the living room.

“Finally, freedom!” she screamed in joy.

She plugged in her games and turned them on. She put on her headsets and begin her journey into the digital world.

She loves her wife. She really does.

However, marriage life has slightly affected her gaming lifestyle, since she’s basically sharing her life with her now. Eunbi really hate the mess she makes in the living room. As a gamer, there are times when she have to accomplish her missions with her teammates who lives in different time zones, thus sacrificing her sleeping hours. But her wife gets really mad if she’s not by her side when it’s bedtime. There was one time when she was locked out of the room because she played games until late hours.

Sakura personally thinks Eunbi is the clingy one, not the other way around.

“Kang-chan, I’m in,” she said to the mic.

“Saku-chan, you’re early today,” replied Hyewon all the way from Seoul.

“I’m a free woman for three days so yeah, let’s shoot some people!” Sakura said, excited.

“Oh right, Ms.Kwon is coming to Seoul for the meeting tomorrow. Wow you’re actually happy she’s not around?”

“I just want to play games without being nagged for once.”

“Okay then, let’s play!”

Sakura was so engrossed in the gameplay; she shouted and punched the air as much as she wants. Her wife always asked her to keep her voice down, because she said it would disturb the neighbors. But no one is watching her tonight. She grabbed a bag of chips and a can of drinks and put in on the rug. No one will nag her to keep food off the expensive rug for once. Sakura was in bliss.

They played games until it was around two in the morning, and it was Hyewon who ask to leave first.

“I gotta log off, I have to attend the management meeting tomorrow.”

“Oh come on, Kang-chan.”

“Don’t you have to work tomorrow?”

“I do. But I still want to play. Come on, stay.”

“I’m going to meet your wife in the meeting tomorrow; I’ll tell her that you’re happy she’s not around,” Hyewon said, her tone serious.

“FINE!”

Sakura sighed, “You really like to threaten people huh?”

“It wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter