I HEAR DEATH BELLS RINGING

WHAT ARE THE ODDS?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

šŸ’“ Thank you for up voting! šŸ’“

Raito034, hannie_060492, hrdnny and dangster

Ā 

Jeonghan is the type of person who tries to rest whenever he sees an opportunity. Heā€™s the type of student whoā€™s always late because he overslept and if he weren't as smart as he is, he would have failed at least two of his subjects.

Ā 

Jeonghan can sleep through a calamity, there was even a time their apartment caught fire and if it werenā€™t for his best friend waking him with a slap, he would have been walking on the soft clouds by now. He is indeed a heavy sleeper but today, he annoyingly woke up to the sound of construction. He tossed and turned in bed. He tried to cover his ears with pillows but the sounds were unbearable. The angel reluctantly opened his eyes to peek at the alarm.

Ā 

ā€œUgh.ā€ Sunday, 8:22 A.M., God itā€™s too early. His neighbors are really s. Why do they have to start banging their walls this early? Plus, Jeonghan doesnā€™t remember his neighbors asking permission from him to start construction. The sound was so close, they were making the angelā€™s ears ring. Theyā€™re gonna get it from me!

Ā 

Jeonghan sat up, eyes still closed. Heā€™s planning to knock on his neighborā€™s door and complain but his thoughts were immediately scattered when his head ached.

Ā 

Heā€™s sure he didnā€™t drink-- so why does it feel like heā€™s experiencing a bad hangover? He put a hand to press on his pounding head, he released a big yawn and when he opened his eyes, he stared at the wide painting of his father wearing a yellow suit with a matching leopard print necktie, his fashion is reallyā€¦ interesting. Heechul looked like Jim Carrey from that one movie with the green mask. Seeing his fatherā€™s annoying, cocky smile made Jeonghanā€™s head hurt even more.

Ā 

ā€œ....ā€

Ā 

Waitā€¦ why is there a painting of his father on his wall?! Jeonghanā€™s eyes widened. His neck almost broke when he whipped his head to his sides a bit too fast. This--- this isnā€™t Jeonghanā€™s apartment! His room isnā€™t this big! This realization made the sleepy boy fully awake, he was surprised to see that heā€™s on a spacious foreign bed.

Ā 

!

Ā 

Jeonghan panicked. Although itā€™s the start of autumn, cold sweats started to form on his forehead. S-so it wasnā€™t a bad dream?! He--he really did meet a mafia?! Huhuhu. He looked around the spacious room to see if he can escape but the thoughts were immediately scratched and thrown in the garbage bin when he saw the prince of demon on the desk near the French window.

Ā 

The man was wearing a different set of dress shirt and black pants; he sat there while looking at a stack of paper. Jeonghan wanted nothing but to die right now. Why did he even wake up? This is worse than a nightmare! The boy pulled his hair and out of frustration, he screamed.

Ā 

When he opened his eyes, he didnā€™t think the mafia boss would be standing at the side of the bed, staring at him.

Ā 

ā€œWhatā€™s wrong?ā€ He asked.

Ā 

Whatā€™s wrong? WHATā€™S WRONG?! Jeonghan wants to strangle the life out of the man. Itā€™s not right for angels to think that way but right now, he doesnā€™t care. Realizing that he and his dad are still held against their will, he canā€™t help but imagine how heā€™d want to kill the man in front of him.

Ā 

ā€œI--- I want to go home.ā€ The angel demanded, he looked at the man in the eyes. Although heā€™s still scared, Jeonghan had decided he had enough. He doesnā€™t want to play this stupid game anymore. Why is he still even here? Why hasnā€™t the mafia killed him?

Ā 

Seungcheol was surprised at the boyā€™s courage. Heā€™s a different person this morning. Last night, he was so scared to even look at the mafia but right now, he even had the guts to demand and glare at the man. With his bed hair, he squinted his eyes at the mafia. Although he tried his best to look tough and all, the man only sees him as a small cat. Seungcheol was not fazed at all ā€œthis is your home.ā€

Ā 

Jeonghan clenched his teeth. The annoyingly handsome man was looking at him with the ā€˜are you dumb?ā€™ look. Just because his father lives here doesnā€™t mean he also has too. Jeonghan assumed that the mafia lives with his father and relies on his wealth since he doesnā€™t look like he had experienced what itā€™s like to have 2 part-time jobs at the same time to pay for his own tuition and apartment. Rich people! ā€œN-noā€¦ I have my OWN home. MY apartment.ā€

Ā 

ā€œNo need to, while our house is being renovated, weā€™ll be staying in my mansion.ā€ Seungcheol looked around and nodded at the sound of the construction. His men are the best at looking for skilled interior designers so heā€™s sure that this pathetic excuse of a house will be transformed to a sophisticated one within a week.

Ā 

ā€œNo!ā€ Jeonghan choked on air. Our house? The man had gone insaneā€¦ first he was talking about marrying him, now heā€™s saying that this is their house. Can Jeonghan punch him just one time? Ya know, knock some sense into him?

Ā 

Seungcheol looked offended. He shot his killer eyes at the boy and it made the other bite his lips out of nervous. ā€œNo?ā€

Ā 

Jeonghan suddenly felt really small. He wants to act fearless but under the mafiaā€™s intense gaze, he canā€™t help but feel like his other foot is on the grave. The boy sighed and answered in a small voice ā€œI donā€™t wanna live with youā€¦ā€

Ā 

Seungcheol watched as the boy shifted his eyes on the ground. This place will be full of people, itā€™ll be a pain to stay in this house while itā€™s being renovated but since he wants his ā€˜fianceā€™ to be comfortable and feel at home, he replied with a sweet smile: ā€œFine. For your convenience, weā€™ll stay here.ā€

Ā 

Jeonghan fought the urge to face palm. A vein popped in his head. Why does the mafia keep on using we and our? Why the hell is he smiling like that? Is he really this dumb? Canā€™t he understand what Jeonghan has been trying to say? The angel tried to calm his mind. For his own safety, he needs to refrain from lashing out ā€œyou donā€™t understandā€¦ā€

Ā 

The leader just raised a brow. He knows what the boy has been trying to point out but he decided he wants to see how he'll react. He watched the boyā€™s face turn red, his eyebrows knitted and lips closed tightly, looking like heā€™s ready to fight the mafia in a second. Cute. Seungcheol wants to see how far the boy could hold his anger before he explodes. He was gonna respond but he was interrupted by a knock.

Ā 

Maybe he'll just annoy the boy later. ā€œCome in.ā€

Ā 

The slim man Jeonghan saw yesterday bowed to the boss and... to him? After doing so, he walked closer to the bed.

Ā 

ā€œGood morning sire, breakfast is served. Your appointment with Mr. Jeon will be at noon.ā€

Ā 

Jeonghan wondered who Mr. Jeon is and what kind of appointment the mafia has with him. Is it about his shady business or his clean business? Well, it doesn't matter, clean or not Jeonghan doesn't care, all that matters right now is: the man will be busy this noon! Jeonghan finally has a chance to escape!

Ā 

Jeonghan's eyes lit up knowing that Beelzebub right here has an event to attend to, the angel stopped listening to the conversation as he mentally sketched a plan. Should he jump out of the window? No that's too dangerous... Why not sneak throught the chimne-- ew, that place is full of dust. Hmm.... Oh! His wings! He can teleport his way out! Once he's left alone, he'll use his powers to get out! It's been hours since he had used them, he must have recharged already!

Ā 

"I'll be taking my leave now sire."

Ā 

The leader nodded and the man once again bowed before leaving the room. Seungcheol looked at the boy who's spacing out. He wondered what's going on in his little mind. ā€œGet up. Breakfast is ready.ā€

Ā 

Jeonghan's attention was pulled by the devil. "A-ah?"

Ā 

"Breakfast, now." The mafia repeated.

Ā 

"Oh." Jeonghan didnā€™t budge and looked nowhere. He stayed still on bed. Why is the mafia inviting him for breakfast? The angel couldn't understand. What are his intentions? And how could he eat breakfast when his father is out there with outlaws? Has he even had breakfast yet? He's probably still asleep, after all, Heechul is his father, all his bad habits were from him. How could he eat at this state? How could he eat knowing that it was served and prepared by criminals? What would they feed him? Blood of the men they killed? Yes. This angel loves to exaggerate.

Ā 

The mafia stood there for a good five minutes until he started to lose patience. The boy is not moving at all. Heā€™s so close to losing his cool because the boy only stared at him and didnā€™t move. His background immediately darkened. He wants to threaten him again and make the boy obey but he decided not to, itā€™s too early to be violent. ā€œGet up or Iā€™ll carry you.ā€

Ā 

Jeonghan shivered when he heard the order. His voice was low and authoritative, the angel hates how fast he stood from the bed. No one tells him what do! Heā€™s not a pushover! He wants to argue but he knows he will never win. He thought it would be best not to since he doesnā€™t know just how dangerous this criminal is. Who know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter